Author Topic: Invyr 'Panda' Super Linear Switches (Shipped)  (Read 169386 times)

Offline kawasaki161

Re: Invyr 'Panda' Super Linear Switches (Now with PayPal)
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 13:25:04 »
so tempted to buy but I have not stopped buying stuff the last 4 months....

Story of my life

Offline trombompoline

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 22:30:59 »
E N D G A M E. Now do I want to put these in a 84 or a 96... Gah why can I never decide on these things!!! :-\

Offline zisb

• Aluminium, learn to spell it.
    • zisb.io
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 21:20:25 »
Hey all,

We surpassed 50% of our needed MoQ. At this point I am heavily considering chucking in some of my own money to get started with the production early.

I am going to writeup a detailed mini-report with dates included as suggested by binge, just to keep up communication with you guys.  :thumb:

Offline Jumie

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 21:50:59 »
Make it happen... :)

Offline Cotay

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 19:44:26 »
Ah heck, I'm in for another 20...I have two builds I'd now like to use these on.

Are these still on track for the December time frame?

Offline Quackles

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 23:29:11 »
Just joined for a set. Looking forward to seeing how smooth they really are!

Offline hanya

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 01:49:14 »
This seems interesting but have you test about soldering? Melting point of POM material is around 175 degree C. This is pretty low for soldering.
If we heat pins so much, part of the pins might melt and loosen, not sure. If the bottom case is made with PBT, PPS or PEEK with glass composite.
PFU HHKB JP, Sanwa MA-TB38 trackball

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 03:45:09 »
This seems interesting but have you test about soldering? Melting point of POM material is around 175 degree C. This is pretty low for soldering.
If we heat pins so much, part of the pins might melt and loosen, not sure. If the bottom case is made with PBT, PPS or PEEK with glass composite.

The bottom of the housing is made out of PA66+30GF, a type of nylon. The Deflection Temperature of the material is 249 °C which should be fine for soldering. I'm fairly sure most other companies use it aswell.

Summary is just don't keep de-soldering and re-soldering and you should be fine.

Offline diiiP

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 02:24:06 »
So, made a decision how to continue with this GB?
Would be sad to see this one canceled  :(

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 08:52:16 »
Sorry for the late reply, very busy at the moment. I have decided just to go ahead with it anyway and use my own money if I dont hit moq.

The prototypes versions should be in by the 22nd, from there I will send out samples to trusted community members if I am happy with the results.

Offline brighenne

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 16:03:18 »
Alrighty, put in my order for a 110 pack.

Offline R4WBIT

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 13:54:08 »
Sorry for the late reply, very busy at the moment. I have decided just to go ahead with it anyway and use my own money if I dont hit moq.

The prototypes versions should be in by the 22nd, from there I will send out samples to trusted community members if I am happy with the results.

How long are the orders open? I'm not sure if I want to order yet, so I'd rather wait for the reviews :rolleyes:

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 02:25:09 »

How long are the orders open? I'm not sure if I want to order yet, so I'd rather wait for the reviews :rolleyes:
Basically forever  :-*

It will go through a soft transition from groupbuy just to regular store purchasing.

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 10:36:59 »
Just went in for 2 packs, but when it completed, it seemed to screw up my shipping details. I'll send over a PM.

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 01:10:10 »
Hey Everyone,

Prototypes have been finished.
I should get them very soon!       http://imgur.com/a/tzKv7
This brings me to a quick re-outline of our schedule. (Suggestion by binge)

23rd Nov - I recieve the prototype switches and double check to make sure that they are up to standard. On this day I will be sending samples to some community members.
If everything is all good, I will get the switches mass produced, which should only take a few days, then it would be sent out asap. Expect 1st December roughly.
1st-10th December: I will pack up boxes and send them out directly to users in the southern hemisphere and I will send it off to my proxies in the states.
Christmas: You will hopefully revive your switches, granted that the postal services in your area are not overloaded (Sorry no guarantees there  :p)

Expected Challenges & Things that can go wrong
Shipping - This shouldn't be too bad, I have now had experience with shipping group buys and honestly its not that bad, just takes time. Now that I have finished my schooling for the year I will have all the time in the world to pack and send.
Prototypes aren't up to standard - Depending on what is wrong with the switch I will request it be fixed, however I presume it will not be that bad or there wont be anything wrong considering that my manufacturer understands the needs of an enthusiast switch.

Let me know if you have any questions  :thumb:

Offline Cotay

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 00:39:03 »
Any word on how the prototypes turned out?

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 01:34:17 »
Ordered after returning to my linear roots.  Hope these are good!

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 06:30:17 »
Hey! Sorry it took a bit, warframe absorbed my life this weekend.

So I got the prototypes in on friday and I am very impressed with them. They are about a stock gateron at the moment, this concerned me at first but once I popped it open I realised they barely used any lube, so given that it has sufficient lubing it will be on par with gat blacks lubed.  :thumb:

I will be sending out some samples to select community members  :-*

To keep ya's interested, have some sub par images. I will whip out the 70D tomorrow and try to take some better images  :p

http://imgur.com/a/CPxLv

NOTE: The prototype have copper capped pins, would you guys prefer that or just the generic stems? It makes no difference to me.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 07:02:03 »
Hello new wallpaper. The isometric renders are lovely. Would love to see a series of them for other switches tbh.

153808-0

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 07:08:49 »
Hello new wallpaper. The isometric renders are lovely. Would love to see a series of them for other switches tbh.

(Attachment Link)

Yes, the render was courtesy of rama. Please go check out his work  :thumb:

Offline gaiden

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 07:18:07 »

So I got the prototypes in on friday and I am very impressed with them. They are about a stock gateron at the moment, this concerned me at first but once I popped it open I realised they barely used any lube, so given that it has sufficient lubing it will be on par with gat blacks lubed.  :thumb:

To keep ya's interested, have some sub par images. I will whip out the 70D tomorrow and try to take some better images 

NOTE: The prototype have copper capped pins, would you guys prefer that or just the generic stems? It makes no difference to me.
Thanks for the update. A few concerns..  As far as lubing, is the manufacturer aware of the lack of lubing and will correct this come mass production?

Also right now as it's being compared to gateron blacks, is the stem quality still holds true as being superior with much less wiggling?

Sorry for the questions but i'm sure many people have great plans for these soldiers as they were described to be super linear switches. ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline JDragon

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 14:07:53 »

To keep ya's interested, have some sub par images. I will whip out the 70D tomorrow and try to take some better images 

Thanks for the update. A few concerns..  As far as lubing, is the manufacturer aware of the lack of lubing and will correct this come mass production?

Also right now as it's being compared to gateron blacks, is the stem quality still holds true as being superior with much less wiggling?

Sorry for the questions but i'm sure many people have great plans for these soldiers as they were described to be super linear switches. ;)

Also interested in this - was interested in this switch as I didn't want to go to the pain of manually lubing all my switches (less wobble is a nice bonus).

Offline rawrjau

• Stop making nice things so I can stop spending
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 14:29:46 »
Yes, if they aren't lubed properly, why stay with this GB instead of going with Gateron blacks. Not sure if the price tag is worth the reduced wobble.

Offline Ail

• RIP in Pape
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 18:12:19 »
Definitely interested in a set of these depending on how the lubing situation works out.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 18:48:06 »
I'm interested in this GB, but I also want to buy some switches that I'm going to use as I'm already quite happy about my Gateron black in the MX world.

According to this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/453f0l/gateron_yellow_vs_black/
... From what i could tell Gateron Yellow has consistent resistance from top to bottom where as Gateron Black has more resistance towards bottoming out. I was able to confirm this by doing a blind test where I mix in a Gateron Yellow with 5 Gateron Blacks and was able to pick out the Yellow correctly with my eyes closed multiple times...

My question is, what is the force curve of 'Panda' linear similar to? Like Gateron yellow with more initial resistance, or like Gateron black with less initial resistance?
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 November 2016, 11:08:19 by menuhin »
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline johntron25

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 01:36:46 »
Yes, if they aren't lubed properly, why stay with this GB instead of going with Gateron blacks. Not sure if the price tag is worth the reduced wobble.

The switch would still have less switch wobble compared to stock gateron or cherry switch.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 November 2016, 02:10:36 by johntron25 »

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 23:31:29 »
*snip*

Yes, I just finished some chats with them and this will be corrected. The current wobble is better than the initial prototype and is very minimal. I'll upload a video very soon  :thumb:

I'm interested in this GB, but I also want to buy some switches that I'm going to use as I'm already quite happy about my Gateron black in the MX world.

According to this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/453f0l/gateron_yellow_vs_black/
... From what i could tell Gateron Yellow has consistent resistance from top to bottom where as Gateron Black has more resistance towards bottoming out. I was able to confirm this by doing a blind test where I mix in a Gateron Yellow with 5 Gateron Blacks and was able to pick out the Yellow correctly with my eyes closed multiple times...

My question is, what is the force curve of 'Panda' linear similar to? Like Gateron yellow with more initial resistance and consistent through out, or like Gateron black with less initial resistance but increase towards bottoming out hence avoiding bottoming out?
Its closer to a yellow than a black. Its pretty consistent throughout.
------------
I am now just finishing final chats with the manufacturer  :thumb:

Offline menuhin

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:31:38 »
I didn't make my point clear enough about initial resistance of Gateron Black vs Gateron Yellow despite both of them are rated at 50gf at actuation.

Look at this force graph as an example:

Gateron black has a lower Y-axis intercept (initial resistance), while Gateron Yellow has it higher.
Both of them are linear and therefore should be both 'consistent' and both of them actuate at 50gf, but Gateron black is easier to initiate yet not as easy to bottom out like how Gateron Yellow does.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Jumie

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 09:09:55 »
any update?

Offline johntron25

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 00:10:29 »
Y'all got anymore of them fresh updates?

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 04:40:06 »

any update?

Yep got some fresh news now. Sorry for my recent silence. Real life caught up this week  :confused:

So I got the manufacturer to produce a couple more that have the extra lube and they are being sent to me as we speak. I should see them in roughly 16 hours. Once I check them then I can order the full amount which will have a super quick turnover.  :thumb:

Offline johntron25

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 14:25:16 »

any update?

Yep got some fresh news now. Sorry for my recent silence. Real life caught up this week  :confused:

So I got the manufacturer to produce a couple more that have the extra lube and they are being sent to me as we speak. I should see them in roughly 16 hours. Once I check them then I can order the full amount which will have a super quick turnover.  :thumb:

Thanks for the update!
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 December 2016, 15:03:33 by johntron25 »

Offline Kominyetska

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 15:02:23 »
When are you closing the order form? I likely won't have a chance to deal with it in the next 24 hours. Or are you keeping it up since there's still 4k of the 8k switches that aren't claimed yet?

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 19:50:04 »
Finally got a job, jumped in to help out you guys with a pack! Hope everything can go smoothly!

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 12:27:59 »
I'm pretty excited about this.  Glad to see it moving along. 

Offline JDragon

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 13:34:31 »

any update?

Got a chance to try out the new switches? Hoping for some good news.  :thumb:

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #136 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 20:59:37 »
Got the new switches. I am happy with them now.  :thumb:

Full scale manufacturing will now begin. This shouldn't take long.  :thumb:

Offline johntron25

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 21:19:27 »
Can you show us how the final form of the switch look like? or maybe a sound test?

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 08:10:09 »
Got the new switches. I am happy with them now.  :thumb:

Full scale manufacturing will now begin. This shouldn't take long.  :thumb:

Can't wait to test these out in person, 67g linears are my fav.  ;D

Offline diiiP

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 01:15:58 »
Awesome, cant wait :)
Sadly cant see this arrive in Germany this Year.
Even when production and shipping works flawless,
German Customs will (as always) **** this up.
Oh well, will be a great start in to the year 2017 :thumb:

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 15:41:34 »
What does the ETA look like for getting these switches?

Offline Ail

• RIP in Pape
« Reply #141 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 15:54:26 »
In for 110!

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 20:54:03 »
Hey everyone!

Manufacturing completed on Friday and it is now in transit to me. It should be here just after Christmas Day. (Turns out that 50k switches is actually really heavy, 100kg in fact.)

Also sorry for missing your messages, my mailbox has been playing up and I didn't realise. I missed my secret santa email aswell so I am trying to get that sorted out.

Offline Want

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 17:02:39 »
I look forward to seeing the pictures, and will we see a video? Considering putting these on my main board, but I kind of want to know what I would be paying for.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 03:32:51 »
Got the switches in? :D

Offline Faux

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 18:35:14 »
I would also like an update.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #146 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 00:09:01 »
Hey everyone!

Manufacturing completed on Friday and it is now in transit to me. It should be here just after Christmas Day. (Turns out that 50k switches is actually really heavy, 100kg in fact.)

Also sorry for missing your messages, my mailbox has been playing up and I didn't realise. I missed my secret santa email aswell so I am trying to get that sorted out.
Any chance to see a picture of that key switch mountain of yours? I bet it's a rare sight.

« Last Edit: Fri, 30 December 2016, 10:06:23 by gaiden »

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 20:53:10 »
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Sorry for the lack of updates since Christmas. I had to go on a surprise visit to see family  :eek:

I am back though and I do have some news. The switches have arrived in australia and are processing through customs. Its just a little delayed at the moment due to all the public holidays.

Offline Clemence

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 15:21:44 »
While the idea of a smooth and more wobble free linear is definitely tempting, I have to say the manner in which updates and demonstrations have been given does not exactly inspire the greatest amount of confidence in me. I would personally prefer a lot more information as to what changes were made to the switch between the prototypes and the switches that have been sent to you. Alongside this perhaps a test of the sound and wobble of the switches while mounted on a plate, from a top down perspective would provide more useful information as to how much the wobble has been reduced from the original gateron switches that you compare them to.

My current mood about this group buy is excited but tentative, please set my mind at ease.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 16:03:08 »
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Sorry for the lack of updates since Christmas. I had to go on a surprise visit to see family  :eek:

I am back though and I do have some news. The switches have arrived in australia and are processing through customs. Its just a little delayed at the moment due to all the public holidays.

hi Zisb, is it possible to post a closeup video of the switch in action? i think everyone here will be excited to see any additional visual demonstrations. at least fill a 60% up and type on them all most of want is to hear the sound. thanks buddy!  :thumb: