Author Topic: Wiki info  (Read 19966 times)

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Wiki info
« on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 09:50:06 »
As some of you may know, I have been working on the wiki.  I started last year and took a very long break from it. 

I have primarily been focusing on moving the KBK and KWK stuff that Hwood34 put together over there, to prevent losing the images.  I have most of that finished, but do need help.

A lot of the images hwood used were product shots from sales.  If anyone has higher quality images and is willing to have them in the wiki, I would greatly appreciate it.  Or, if you have caps that are not listed, I could use those too.  I know there are quite a few missing.  You can either link me to the images in this thread, or if you don't want to post shoot me it in a PM.  I won't be sharing any info exchanged privately to anyone, so no need to worry about people pming you asking to sell your caps.  I will also credit you for the image, or not, depending on if you would like to be.

Additionally, if anyone has suggestions I am open to them.  I would like to change the formatting of these pages up a little bit, but I need some more info on the backend of the wiki before I can get too in depth with it.

Ultimately my goal is to move Vesper's & Baldgye's work over as well.  I have gotten permission from them, and will start on that once Hipster's stuff is caught up.

Apart from this project of mine, i'd love to see our wiki rekindled eventually.  I don't think we need to reinvent the wheel, DT wiki is a wealth of knowledge.  But there is quite a bit missing from their, that is unique to our community.

KWK Wiki
KBK Wiki

Edit:  Any death lives experts let me know how many I have miscategorized as well.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Wiki info
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 16:25:56 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:16:22 by alienman82 »

Offline justinmtype

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 17:16:22 »
How do you edit the wiki?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 22:28:55 »
How do you edit the wiki?

It is currently setup to require an account associated to the wiki due to past 'issues'.  As of now, I am not sure if more users are going to be added, but if I ever get some real free time and can work on it some more I may see about adding more users.  Time will tell.

Offline hapakey

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 16:13:38 »
Doesn't DT allow artisans in their wiki?

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 02:50:53 »
I'm not aware that the Deskthority wiki has any official restrictions or requirements. People with strong opinions, certainly, but nothing more. It's possible for example that someone who adds artisan keycaps could use their new-found familiarity with MediaWiki to add other material, such as the latest switches and keyboards — to my mind, it's more of a concern that current commercial products are so poorly represented.

(With that said, stolen images posted without any attribution are liable for deletion. At the very least, images should be fully attributed so that it's clear whose they are and where they were found.)
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 09:50:10 »
Ignore hapakey, just a ripster troll account.

As for anyone that has the same question, DT isn’t really about artisans. Where GH is more artisan and custom keyboard focused. Due to that I wanted to update our wiki and not DTs.

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 17:00:31 »
Where do you draw the line at where each wiki stops and the other starts? How much overlap do you consider to be practical and worthwhile?
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner