Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Fortune (ssssamples)  (Read 38735 times)

Offline Hypocaffeinic

Re: [IC] SA FADE (after laazer)
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 19:38:02 »
Wow - this is exactly what I've been hoping for in a set, just these colours!  :thumb:

Offline Petch

Re: [IC] SA FADE (after layzer)
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 09:35:43 »
This set is going to come after laser ends on zFrontier.
European proxy? Or would it not make it any cheaper?

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 09:42:21 »

It probably won't make it any cheaper, but I'll check up with zFrontier.

Hello! Maxkey has informed me that I get 6 extra novelties (due to the way they set up their molds.)

Does anyone have any novelty ideas that they'd like to see?

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 21:17:04 »
I'd probably add six of the keys you dropped when you slimmed it down.  R3 PgUp and R4 Pg Dn would be my first choices.

Offline Petch

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 04:55:02 »

It probably won't make it any cheaper, but I'll check up with zFrontier.

Hello! Maxkey has informed me that I get 6 extra novelties (due to the way they set up their molds.)

Does anyone have any novelty ideas that they'd like to see?

What about a 'novelty' up arrow in the same profile as left/down/right?

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 12:42:31 »
I'd probably add six of the keys you dropped when you slimmed it down.  R3 PgUp and R4 Pg Dn would be my first choices.

Don't worry about those! The kit is going to be loosely based off of calm depths, and I'm working with zFrontier to use the molds made there in this set as well. So, you'll get those.

Sorry, but could you explain the benefits of this? Thanks.

Offline Petch

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 03:40:06 »

Don't worry about those! The kit is going to be loosely based off of calm depths, and I'm working with zFrontier to use the molds made there in this set as well. So, you'll get those.

Sorry, but could you explain the benefits of this? Thanks.

So the profile is like 1 2 3 4 3, right?

That means left/right/down are all row 3, and then you have up on R4. A lot of SA sets offer an addition up arrow in the same profile as the others. I think this is more common with SA than SMK because the difference between those row profiles in SA is more drastic.

If you look at the base mod set for Oblivion SA, there is the additional R3 up arrow

Offline ye_cole

Re: [IC] SA FORTUNE (coming soon™, renders up)
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 17:43:38 »
Updated with Petch's suggestion. Added the R3 arrow.

Added final kit render.

Added some dope renders by janglad.

Set should come out in the next week or so.

Offline WarmCat

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 22:38:19 »
This looks really awesome!
So disappointed that you are so close to supporting HHKB layout, but please if you are going to go to the effort of providing the alternative backspace and control, then please provide 1.5u meta keys like an original HHKB.
Also I have a question; why change win to code yet leave “menu”? You know other OS’s don’t use menu?

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 23:41:01 »
So disappointed that you are so close to supporting HHKB layout, but please if you are going to go to the effort of providing the alternative backspace and control, then please provide 1.5u meta keys like an original HHKB.
Also I have a question; why change win to code yet leave “menu”? You know other OS’s don’t use menu?

HHKB layout is fully covered, though. I understand that it may not have entirely correct legends, but the current 1.5u keys I have (Ctrl and Alt) service a far greater amount of people than having meta there.

As to why I'm using menu: it's expensive to change molds.

I hope I cleared up the reasons behind some of the decisions I made.

Offline WarmCat

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 16:17:19 »
HHKB layout is fully covered, though. I understand that it may not have entirely correct legends, but the current 1.5u keys I have (Ctrl and Alt) service a far greater amount of people than having meta there.

Thanks for answering my questions, and sorry if I came across overly negative! Just disappointing when you find a set which has the perfect colours, to then find that it doesn't fit either keyboard correctly that you would place it upon! (proper HHKB layout and TADA68).
Most sets give only 1.5u Ctrl and Alt like you say, which is a shame, as it only caters for windows users. Thankfully more and more designers are providing 1.5u Meta (Like the extremely popular GMK9009, looking forward to that arriving).
If this GB did run, I admit I would still be tempted, just for the alphas; lovely colour.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 19:55:07 »

Thanks for answering my questions, and sorry if I came across overly negative! Just disappointing when you find a set which has the perfect colours, to then find that it doesn't fit either keyboard correctly that you would place it upon! (proper HHKB layout and TADA68).
Most sets give only 1.5u Ctrl and Alt like you say, which is a shame, as it only caters for windows users. Thankfully more and more designers are providing 1.5u Meta (Like the extremely popular GMK9009, looking forward to that arriving).
If this GB did run, I admit I would still be tempted, just for the alphas; lovely colour.

What is it you think this set is missing for the Tada68?  I'm pretty sure he's got the default layout of the Tada68 covered.  It has the R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn, 1U Ctrl, Alt, and Fn, as well as a 1.75U shift.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 23:53:59 »

I think euphxenos summed it up. It covers the TADA default layout perfectly, there should be no reason why you shouldn't be able to fit the set on the KB.

Also, I'm going to be putting this on a HHKB myself, as I have one coming in. :D

Offline astonlau

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 02:13:08 »
I am in.
But please come with grey mods/f row,
and no Maxkeys please.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 09:19:58 »
I am interested in this.

If price is low and compatibility is high, I'll for sure buy it. From the layout in OP, it looks to be fully compatible with the boards I have.

Also please use Maxkey since my wallet and time can't handle SP right now.
Also, are the Back Space and SHIF T going to be an issue with this one?
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 19:29:31 »
I am interested in this.

If price is low and compatibility is high, I'll for sure buy it. From the layout in OP, it looks to be fully compatible with the boards I have.

Also please use Maxkey since my wallet and time can't handle SP right now.
Also, are the Back Space and SHIF T going to be an issue with this one?

not anymore, Ashen (R2) and Superhero already have this issue resolved.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 22:07:04 »
and no Maxkeys please.

I'm going maxkeys. Not changing  it to SP.

Tentative maybe on the uniform grey mods/ F row.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 23:46:46 »
and no Maxkeys please.

I'm going maxkeys. Not changing  it to SP.

Tentative maybe on the uniform grey mods/ F row.

Maybe make render with a bigger board that shows the gray keys and then strawpole to see if people are willing to pay the extra for them? I think they are neat but not sure how much more I'd want to spend on them.
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 00:59:23 »
It looks good as it is.  If you want it to look more like the inspiration, a uniform grey function row and some more grey mods would accomplish that, and that would also look good.  Would either one look better than the other?  *shrug*  Flip a coin.  I'm glad you're doing this through Zfrontier, because they're recent experience with Maxkeys over SA Nuclear is going to make them really careful about the color matching (and getting samples), which is going to be particularly important for this set turning out right.  That's going to have more of an impact than how much grey is in it.

Offline Vloshko

Re: [IC] GMK Fade (formerly GMK Fortune)
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 04:01:40 »
No love for the uniform gray f-row?

I like what you're trying to accomplish and I know you've been working this for awhile, but I really think the original set is just must more attractive.. something about the wacky color scheme just works, and that charm is lost when translated to the standard color layout of every other custom set.

Instead of reiterating what has been said before I'll just quote these like-minded folks.
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 13:30:11 »
Love the look! If there are any “novelties” left, I’d love to see Planck compatibility.
MAAASSSSDDDRROOOPPPPPP!!!!!

Offline Petch

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 18:03:05 »
Slightly off-topic, but do you think they'll make some 'permanent' molds for the keys used between this and Calm Depths sets? Or just keep creating ones that are only good for 500 sets

With the recent Nuclear trouble from Maxkey I would honestly prefer this to start after Calm Depths has shipped
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 November 2017, 03:00:45 by Petch »

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 00:10:02 »
Quote from: FoC_Tow on Thu, 12 October 2017, 14:31:47
No love for the uniform gray f-row?

Quote from: tameone on Thu, 12 October 2017, 15:30:26
I like what you're trying to accomplish and I know you've been working this for awhile, but I really think the original set is just must more attractive.. something about the wacky color scheme just works, and that charm is lost when translated to the standard color layout of every other custom set.

Instead of reiterating what has been said before I'll just quote these like-minded folks.

Actually, you're reiterating what they said haha. But point made! I'll ask zFrontier to check the prices for grey mods and uniform F-row kits.

The kits are probably going to be unified, though, not separate. So the blue uniform F row keys will be in there.

Love the look! If there are any “novelties” left, I’d love to see Planck compatibility.

Not for this set, man, sorry.

Slightly off-topic, but do you think they'll make some 'permanent' molds for the keys used between this and Calm Depths sets? Or just keep creating ones that are only good for 500 sets

With the recent Nuclear trouble from Maxkey I would honestly prefer this to start after Calm Depths has shipped

Great question! Unfortunately, not sure. Never asked. :/

If you can remind me again when I post the new mold proofing pictures, I'll definitely ask them to add it to their "base kit". :D

Offline MassaNor

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 02:28:16 »
Is it possible to add a space key pack as an option?
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 December 2017, 04:37:04 by MassaNor »

Offline beekey

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 06:39:34 »
I second the space key pack. Would love to put it on a BananaSplit. Need 2,25 and 2,75 space keys.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 15:48:10 »
Is it possible to add a space key pack as an option?

Sure, why not?

Only issue I can see is that it maaay not make MOQ.

Offline MassaNor

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 00:42:18 »
I second the space key pack. Would love to put it on a BananaSplit. Need 2,25 and 2,75 space keys.

It is exactly what I wanted.
Besides that, 2U, 3U space bar is also good,,, but is it too much hope?

Offline WarmCat

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 02:55:56 »

What is it you think this set is missing for the Tada68?  I'm pretty sure he's got the default layout of the Tada68 covered.  It has the R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn, 1U Ctrl, Alt, and Fn, as well as a 1.75U shift.
Not correct. MaxKeys’ profile is R1-R2-R3-R4-R3 so that R4 fn will not fit on TADA68.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 14:14:00 »

Not correct. MaxKeys’ profile is R1-R2-R3-R4-R3 so that R4 fn will not fit on TADA68.

I was going to say that it was probably just an error in the render (which doesn't have the rows numbered), since this is based on ye_cole's Maxkeys SA Calm Depths kit, but I just double-checked the final render for Maxkeys SA Calm Depths, and it too has the 1U Fn key in R3, not R4.

Oops.

Yes, you are absolutely correct.  This set in its current form does not cover the default layout for Tada68.  It's missing the R4 1U Fn key.  Even worse, it appears that same mistake was made in the Maxkeys SA Calm Depths group buy.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:22:23 »

I was going to say that it was probably just an error in the render (which doesn't have the rows numbered), since this is based on ye_cole's Maxkeys SA Calm Depths kit, but I just double-checked the final render for Maxkeys SA Calm Depths, and it too has the 1U Fn key in R3, not R4.

Oops.

Yes, you are absolutely correct.  This set in its current form does not cover the default layout for Tada68.  It's missing the R4 1U Fn key.  Even worse, it appears that same mistake was made in the Maxkeys SA Calm Depths group buy.

I misspoke: it's the R3 1U Fn (for the bottom row) that's missing to properly cover the Tada68 layout.  It has R4 but not the R3 1U Fn.

Offline Narandelar

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:28:49 »
I'm sad theres no planck/ortho compability :[ but the set looks amazing nonetheless!

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 14:22:09 »
I'm sad theres no planck/ortho compability :[ but the set looks amazing nonetheless!
Maybe if someone designed a compatibility pack it could be run separately? Not sure if maxkeys has all the molds though.
MAAASSSSDDDRROOOPPPPPP!!!!!

Offline MassaNor

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 05:12:09 »
Is there a possibility that the kit will eventually contain gray modifier keys and function keys? Is the kit all in the image of the top?
Also, are there any updates such as the date of release?

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 20:25:38 »
dropping on new years

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 23:11:43 »
Is there any chance of adding the 1U R3 Fn key?  It's the only key missing to cover the Tada68 layout.

Offline MassaNor

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 08:42:58 »
Is there any change in the contents of the kit?

Offline emperact

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 18:52:40 »
Beautiful set! Got hyped when I saw what it was based on - but the missing ÆØÅ is sadly a no-go for me. :(

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 22:15:12 »
dropping on new years

Eve or Day?  b/c I don't see it on zfrontier    :p

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 02:07:12 »
got delayed, i havent been checking geekhack as often, and im taking some time off for holidays.

sorry about the poor communication.

the keys mentioned above will probably be added to kit.

Offline yaya

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 10:42:32 »
Any update?

Offline beekey

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 09:03:42 »
Any update?

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 09:16:40 »
Look like this died. Unfortunately, these caps are beautiful

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 21:38:11 »
Look like this died. Unfortunately, these caps are beautiful

ssh its hibernating

but for a while tho- this is defintely not coming out until after royalty and/or/maybe a kustom

Offline ye_cole

Re: [IC] ePBT Fortune
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 23:12:37 »
working with KBDfans to see if we can bring this to yall in ePBT

more news soon^tm

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 23:15:52 »
working with KBDfans to see if we can bring this to yall in ePBT

more news soon^tm

Would love to see some renders of this colorway in the new profile.
Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 23:26:18 »
 I have some old GMK renders: (to show what epbt would perhaps look like)

« Last Edit: Sun, 19 August 2018, 23:40:03 by ye_cole »

Offline lovetree

« Reply #96 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 23:38:25 »
I have some old GMK renders:

Show Image

Show Image

The best profile for me is SP SA but if it's difficult, please consider KAT by Keyreative.
Anyway, if this is done with PBT material, I cannot expect to see a glossy texture....too sad.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 August 2018, 23:43:16 by lovetree »

Offline silversung

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 23:51:17 »
Oh? No glossy SA?

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 23:55:33 »
The best profile for me is SP SA but if it's difficult, please consider KAT by Keyreative.
Anyway, if this is done with PBT material, I cannot expect to see a glossy texture....too sad.

I'm thinking about doing SP SA after ePBT.

Oh? No glossy SA?

Perhaps, but after ePBT.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 00:23:22 »
Mmmhmm, yup. ePBT everything. Looks good,  :thumb: