Author Topic: IBM 5152  (Read 3428 times)

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐

Offline hamilton

Re: IBM 5152
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 13:46:40 »
Damn that looks nice

Offline JP

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 13:55:21 »
Nice
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 17:12:09 »
Huh. The auction has ended.

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

Wonder what it sold for and who to

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 19:12:33 »
I just checked it and it said 'price $250', but didn't indicate it was sold.  Odd.  Might have found a local buyer--who knows.  :-\  Unless it shows up again...then we know exactly what happened, haha.

Offline JP

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 19:22:17 »
I bet the seller didn't know what they had and someone offered them $250 and they took it.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 19:35:53 »
I just checked it and it said 'price $250', but didn't indicate it was sold.  Odd.  Might have found a local buyer--who knows.  :-\  Unless it shows up again...then we know exactly what happened, haha.

I'm betting someone here or elsewhere in the community got it. I hope they share it with us!

I bet the seller didn't know what they had and someone offered them $250 and they took it.

I agree, looks like she listed an assortment of vintage things recently, probably from an estate sale or older family or something. She says "gold" and "precious metals" in the title as if the metals that make up that heft are where the true value lies.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 November 2017, 20:39:39 by sncbraxsc2 »

Offline matt-taco

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 20:32:52 »
I hate to say it guys, but it was me. I have an IBM keyboard saved search and I periodically check throughout the day. As soon as I saw the notification I sent the guy a message. No joke, after I sent the guy the message, I ran here to great finds to see if it appeared in the great finds, which it had, which in turn made me even more anxious. I ended up getting it for 125 including shipping.

Th man owns a shop (thrift I think) and recently started selling on ebay. He had me call him to negotiate and he is shipping it in the morning. He's really cool, he was afraid of ebay getting mad at him for negotiating outside eBay (which is why he had me call him). The guy claimed the deal was badass, and I can't disagree.

edit: It was his wife's ebay account. I also don't think he could have been more than 30.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 November 2017, 20:35:56 by matt-taco »

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 20:37:51 »
I hate to say it guys, but it was me. I have an IBM keyboard saved search and I periodically check throughout the day. As soon as I saw the notification I sent the guy a message. No joke, after I sent the guy the message, I ran here to great finds to see if it appeared in the great finds, which it had, which in turn made me even more anxious. I ended up getting it for 125 including shipping.

Th man owns a shop (thrift I think) and recently started selling on ebay. He had me call him to negotiate and he is shipping it in the morning. He's really cool, he was afraid of ebay getting mad at him for negotiating outside eBay (which is why he had me call him). The guy claimed the deal was badass, and I can't disagree.

edit: It was his wife's ebay account. I also don't think he could have been more than 30.
Congrats!  Glad it went to a good home.  :thumb:

I hope you get to clean it up and get it working.  After seeing one of Chyro's videos on these and how easy they are to get running on modern computers, that will be an absolute beauty to type on.  :p

Offline matt-taco

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 20:49:16 »
Thanks, I personally think I'm quite the lucky 17 year old.  I've been looking for a beamspring  (5251 specifically) for like a year. Last one I lost went for 500 (max bid 250) back in april, so I thought I'd get on it. Times like this makes a 20 hour work week on top of school worth it.

Definitely going to restore if its bad shape, but it looks pretty clean, so got the fingers crossed.

BTW,already ordered the xwhatsit and solendoid driver!

Offline xueyao

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 20:53:57 »
Congrats dude! It's an amazing board to type on!

Offline JP

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 20:58:49 »
Nice one.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 21:57:12 »
Thanks, I personally think I'm quite the lucky 17 year old.  I've been looking for a beamspring  (5251 specifically) for like a year. Last one I lost went for 500 (max bid 250) back in april, so I thought I'd get on it. Times like this makes a 20 hour work week on top of school worth it.

Definitely going to restore if its bad shape, but it looks pretty clean, so got the fingers crossed.

BTW,already ordered the xwhatsit and solendoid driver!
Your patience paid off.  :cool:  See, you didn't get that other one for a reason.  :thumb: