Author Topic: [SOLD] Pair of "Univac , maybe the Sperry?" Keyboards, $99.99 + shipping  (Read 2852 times)

Offline OldIsNew

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-Univac-Sperry-terminal-mainframe-keyboards/232656052379

Cool looking boards but looks like each one is missing a button.

Oh by the way from the seller:

"I really did not want to sell these here.  The thought of them ending up destroyed by some [deleted] from Geekhack or Deskthority breaks my heart.  I wish I had a way to weed out these people, and only sell to someone who NEEDS these keyboards for an ACTUAL system.  Even if It only sold for $10, I would be happy.  Best I can do is give these people 10 days to find this auction and outbid the children whom would destroy these.  That said, I hope they end up in a good home. "

All I can say is: Yea! Knock it off kids!!

(Maybe the seller is trolling to get a post here, but I would have posted anyway because they are cool boards).

« Last Edit: Wed, 07 February 2018, 09:25:03 by OldIsNew »

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: Pair of "Univac , maybe the Sperry?" Keyboards, $99.99 + shipping
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 08:52:49 »
I spotted this earlier. I think the switches ar mid-height ITW magnetic valve, but I can't be sure.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 05:30:52 »

"I really did not want to sell these here.  The thought of them ending up destroyed by some [deleted] from Geekhack or Deskthority breaks my heart.  I wish I had a way to weed out these people, and only sell to someone who NEEDS these keyboards for an ACTUAL system.  Even if It only sold for $10, I would be happy.  Best I can do is give these people 10 days to find this auction and outbid the children whom would destroy these.  That said, I hope they end up in a good home. "

LOL—don't you love being famous?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 05:32:12 »

LOL

Of course most of us have vintage Sperry systems in perfect shape, all ready to fire back up, just lacking keebs.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 06:06:14 »
Well, it went, for the asking price. I had thought about putting in an ACTUAL $10 bid, too :p .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 07:56:25 »

Some pretty hot babes go for the classic Sperry stuff.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 08:04:22 »
That said, anyone who operated computers back then was probably smarter and/or more patient than us, so I guess I shouldn't be critical.  :?)
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 February 2018, 20:03:15 by ander »