Author Topic: [IC] Cubic Profile Colorways  (Read 4270 times)

Offline mgsickler

[IC] Cubic Profile Colorways
« on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 10:35:58 »
* Tai-Hao's new Cubic profile is a pretty great set. Legends are pretty crisp, and the keycaps feel great. They are also pretty affordable for a nice doubleshot keycap.
* IC is for which colorway (I am just keeping it at 2 color themes right now due to saving even more) I should run a group buy for.
* LSB did a pretty good review of this profile here - https://www.keychatter.com/2017/06/29/first-look-tai-hao-cubic-profile/

* The Cubic Profile has some pretty good kits too (I pulled these from the Jukebox kit section)
   * Base (Some of the keycaps would be repeats as these are just two color themes, also no novelties) - https://i.imgur.com/8qvQYZX.png
   * 17 Key add on kit - https://i.imgur.com/Q8FEvXi.png
   * Alternate Numpad kit - https://i.imgur.com/12c9S95.png
   * ISO Kit - https://i.imgur.com/nCsfL8L.png
* The MOQ on these is a bit high, but because of the price I should be able to cover a decent part if needed, especially on the base kit. All kits have a 200 MOQ.
* IC Form here - https://goo.gl/forms/OKraQmBfTmpli2Hw1
   * In the other, please only use two color themes.
* Pricing (numbers are only estimates and possibly could change)
   * Base kit - $28
   * 17 Key add on - $20
   * Alternate Numpad - $16
   * ISO - $12
* Again, these numbers are estimates and could change, but they should be pretty close to the actual prices

Feel free to leave some feedback here. If a two colorway theme goes good, I would want to check out some colorways with 3 or 4 colors.

Offline FailureToLoad

Re: [IC] Cubic Profile Colorways
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 13:20:21 »
My only real gripe with Cubic right now is thickness. The set of midnight dawn I snagged to try out the profile lacks the thick satisfying feel of most keycap manufacturers people commonly use. Is there any way to work with Tai Hao to get a double thick Cubic set?

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 16:39:05 »
My only real gripe with Cubic right now is thickness. The set of midnight dawn I snagged to try out the profile lacks the thick satisfying feel of most keycap manufacturers people commonly use. Is there any way to work with Tai Hao to get a double thick Cubic set?
Cubic profile isn’t that thin to me, it’s pretty decent for a cheaper keycap set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 16:52:48 »
I always wanted a Cubic WoB set with enough stuff to fill HHKBish and WKL layouts properly.
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline azachhh

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 17:13:29 »
Yeah, I like the cubic profile, but would be nice if more layouts were supported. I just got a set off Massdrop & could barely make it cover my TADA68

Offline xantiema

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 17:54:17 »
Would this include an EU proxy?

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 19:53:17 »
Would this include an EU proxy?
Not sure on that just yet. Proxies would be somewhat difficult as the initial cost of shipping will be high per set unless they sell a good amount of sets.

But I will look into that.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 21:39:08 »
Are these kits absolute solid? I've got a few thoughts on the composition:

Base kit is lacking, but can't really complain for that price.
There's a considerable lack of complete 1800 support considering the lack of top row Delete/PgDn/Home, and the numpad keys for it are locked in the alt numpad kit.
I don't see much purpose in the alt numpad kit considering that the legends are out of alignment with every other key in the set. The few non-duplicate keys in this kit should be moved the the alternate kit.
Lack of 75% support.

Seeing as this is still a fairly new "custom" profile, much of this might not be possible, but I do think it would much improve the sets if it did, especially with those 200 unit MOQs.

I'd totally be up for this with reworked kits and purple on beige monotone colorway tho :P

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 21:45:10 »
Are these kits absolute solid? I've got a few thoughts on the composition:

Base kit is lacking, but can't really complain for that price.
There's a considerable lack of complete 1800 support considering the lack of top row Delete/PgDn/Home, and the numpad keys for it are locked in the alt numpad kit.
I don't see much purpose in the alt numpad kit considering that the legends are out of alignment with every other key in the set. The few non-duplicate keys in this kit should be moved the the alternate kit.
Lack of 75% support.

Seeing as this is still a fairly new "custom" profile, much of this might not be possible, but I do think it would much improve the sets if it did, especially with those 200 unit MOQs.

I'd totally be up for this with reworked kits and purple on beige monotone colorway tho :P

These are the kits that Tai-Hao offers. They don’t have the tooling made for all the compatibility. I could ask for blanks to help that out if needed, but that’s about it.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 03:14:38 »
Cubic is great value! Really enjoy those caps.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline darkslay3r

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 22:36:55 »
cubic is good, personally i like it more than enjoypbt things. the thing make me off is the legend on num row, why so thin ?
Viper V2 | TGR 910 CE | TGR 910 Poly R1 | RF 55g

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 13:47:46 »
Still working on this set. Have to iron out some of the kits for the BoW set. Doesn’t make sense to have two of the same keycap.