Author Topic: PC enthusiast  (Read 1843 times)

Offline DocNoc

PC enthusiast
« on: Sun, 15 July 2018, 02:27:26 »
Hey guys, came across the forum and thought it looked perfect for me. Pretty much my entire life has revolved around computers. From playing pinball and solitaire on my Dad's PCs in the 90's. To playing Counter Strike, Runescape, WOW, and more single player titles than I can count on PCs that my Dad built with me. Then finally going to university for Electrical Engineering with an associates in Computer Engineering. Throughout the years I've used many peripherals from almost every company out there with many good and bad experiences. I really am looking forward to learning more about the internal mechanics of keyboards so that I can eventually build and customize one to my liking.

I have a few questions if anyone has the time to answer them. When looking to join the interest checks and group buys what are some things I should look for/pay attention to that is not purely aesthetic? Who are some of the active designers/manufacturers that are held in high regard with respect to the quality of their products? What is considered the "standard/average" price for custom keyboards in group buys? Are most of the keyboard designers/manufacturers in this community from outside of the US? Hypothetically if you ordered a kit in a group buy and received a kit with major flaws, what is standard procedure? I am asking because it seems like there is a lot of global shipping and if you did receive a kit with a major flaw, that along with the added expense, these sorts of problems would take a long time to resolve due to the distance and because of the "made to order" nature of the group buys.

I noticed this community is heavily focused on keyboards, so I was wondering if there was a forum/community similar to this one but focused on other peripherals, specifically mice. I tried searching but couldn't seem to find any. If such a community does exist let me know and post a link!

I'm sure I have a lot to learn and I am already looking through the FAQ to get a grasp on the basics. If there is anything that you wish you knew when you started out in this hobby, what is it and why? Please forgive me if my introduction is choppy and hard to read. I can count I promise but I don't English very well. :(

« Last Edit: Sun, 15 July 2018, 02:51:32 by DocNoc »

Offline DocNoc

Re: PC enthusiast
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 10:20:36 »
I am ashamed. I have no will power, I've already succumbed. Save yourself brothers.