Author Topic: MOD-M Tactile Switches, problems  (Read 2808 times)

Offline kohtachi

MOD-M Tactile Switches, problems
« on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 17:28:29 »
Is it me? Sometimes when I am typing I feel that the keys are not rebounding fast enough.  I makes me double type keys especially the space bar.  Anyone else experience this?  Any suggestions on remedying the problem? 

-thanks
FC500RC modded with mod-m switches, PBT Double Shot Keycap Set - Gray/Dark Gray (Tai-Hao), and 008 Buna-N O-Ring, 50A Durometer mod  | REALFORCE R2 PFU Limited Edition  R2TLSABK 45g

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: MOD-M Tactile Switches, problems
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 19:02:37 »
Is it me? Sometimes when I am typing I feel that the keys are not rebounding fast enough.  I makes me double type keys especially the space bar.  Anyone else experience this?  Any suggestions on remedying the problem? 

-thanks

I’ve had some mod ms in a hotswap board and never experienced what you are describing.  Are you saying they actually don’t register, or are they getting stuck on the way back up?  I know that box Jades feel funky like that to me.  But my mods never felt like that

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 20:09:58 »
Use a board of MOD-Ms everyday. Never had that problem. Did you spring swap them? Is it specific keys? Maybe they're dirty?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 22:48:25 »
i have never had this problem with my mod ms
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kohtachi

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 22:55:34 »
Strange, brand new mod switches...  maybe i'm just riding the keys?  Don't have that problem with 45g topre or the red mx.
FC500RC modded with mod-m switches, PBT Double Shot Keycap Set - Gray/Dark Gray (Tai-Hao), and 008 Buna-N O-Ring, 50A Durometer mod  | REALFORCE R2 PFU Limited Edition  R2TLSABK 45g

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 12:09:09 »

-thanks

Are they on a north or south facing pcb?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 16:06:45 »

-thanks

maybe im being dense again but how could that possibly cause this issue
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 16:46:50 »
Have you checked the space bar? I had a issue like this and turned out the wire for the space bar and enter key's had popped out on the stabilizers was causing them to stick on the way up. I have 2 sets of mod switch board's and never had a issue with either!

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 23:48:46 »
IIRC some keycaps interfere with the housing on north facing switches which might cause the issue you mention.

-thanks

maybe im being dense again but how could that possibly cause this issue