Author Topic: Niz Plum driver? Keyboard is paired via bluetooth, buth remians grayed out.  (Read 5232 times)

Offline fatum

Hi everyone.
I have an issue with connecting my newly bought Niz Plum keyboard to my laptop with Windows 7. I think I tried everything: installing generic win7 bluetooth driver from MS, installing bluetooth driver from HP, buying an external bluetooth usb adapter - nothing works.
When I try to connect it with in-built bluetooth adapter it does find the keyboard and allows to pair it. But after it is paired successfully keyboard remains greyed out in devices window and doesn't work.
When I disable in-built adapter and use external dongle (BT 4.0) it doesn't even find the keyboard.

I'm desperate. Maybe there is something I don't know. Any drivers for this particular keyboard?

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
Re: Niz Plum driver? Keyboard is paired via bluetooth, buth remians grayed out.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 13:57:23 »
It doesn't support Windows 7/XP. There's a Niz Bluetooth adapter designed for Niz boards. Third-party Bluetooth adapters won't work.

Offline fatum

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 14:02:19 »
thanks for letting me know. I've never seen this information before.  I checked their website, but didn't find any bluetooth adapter being sold.

I contacted Niz support, but they didn't reply to me: the first time I asked about bluetooth connectivity, the second time about the latest firmware (what they have and share on dropbox is outdated) - no answer at all. At least they should keep the firmware updated... I must say I am very disappointed about their support service, although I still like the keyboard. Although I ordered Leopold with silent reds just in a week after buying Niz topre clone...
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 November 2018, 14:08:40 by fatum »

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 14:29:41 »
I guess you are talking about the http://nizkeyboard.com website. It's actually not the official store of Niz. It's a proxy of Niz who just owns the domain name. Niz does not have an official international website. There's definitely a lack of information for non-Chinese buyers. Niz does have excellent customer service in China. It's a pity their international proxy does not.

It's not Niz boards does not support Windows 7. Windows 7 does not support Bluetooth 4.0 devices because Bluetooth 4.0 was released later than Windows 7.

Here are the adapters I mentioned: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?&id=576008491433  or https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=576252907652 I only have the taobao links. Hope it helps you.

Offline fatum

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 14:46:59 »
thanks, dude. It does help and shed some light on what is going on.

And I thought that it was their official website... They don't sell items abroad from their Chinese store? Do they have a firmware on the Chinese site? I could write to their support.

I've never ordered from taobao, but only today ordered a bunch of small stuff worth of 100+ euro from Aliexpress. They have a sale today, if someone doesn't know.

Found this on the web while searching for taobao international buyers:

If I didn’t want to use an agent, could I order direct from Taobao?
Wanna go rogue, eh? We admire your spirit! While there are now new options for international buyers to use Taobao and buy directly, the challenges of communication and potential for orders to be out-of-stock or otherwise mysteriously stuck at some step in the process, or other pitfalls.  We hear about a lot of problems from buyers who try to buy themselves in our comments, few to none problems from our buyers who use our great Taobao agents.
;D

Ordered it from Taobao via Tao Ring agent. It will cost about 15 (price + agent fee) + 5 USD for shipping.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 November 2018, 15:05:19 by fatum »

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 15:12:15 »
thanks, dude. It does help and shed some light on what is going on.

And I thought that it was their official website... They don't sell items abroad from their Chinese store? Do they have a firmware on the Chinese site? I could write to their support.

I've never ordered from taobao, but only today ordered a bunch of small stuff worth of 100+ euro from Aliexpress. They have a sale today, if someone doesn't know.

Found this on the web while searching for taobao international buyers:

If I didn’t want to use an agent, could I order direct from Taobao?
Wanna go rogue, eh? We admire your spirit! While there are now new options for international buyers to use Taobao and buy directly, the challenges of communication and potential for orders to be out-of-stock or otherwise mysteriously stuck at some step in the process, or other pitfalls.  We hear about a lot of problems from buyers who try to buy themselves in our comments, few to none problems from our buyers who use our great Taobao agents.
;D

Niz sells their boards mostly through Taobao proxies. There are many Taobao stores selling Niz boards. Some of them should be able to ship to foreign addresses. You need to register a Taobao account and figure out how to pay though. The way they release firmware is in QQ groups (a Chinese livechat software). It may be a little too complex for you. I suggest you keep trying to contact the English site.

There are several Taobao proxy websites. It's very convenient to use these websites. You can pay with Paypal or credit card.

Offline fatum

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 15:18:02 »
Thanks.

Is there anyone from our chinese fellows who would be so kind to grab the firmwares and upload them somewhere?  :cool:

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 17:08:08 »
Thanks.

Is there anyone from our chinese fellows who would be so kind to grab the firmwares and upload them somewhere?  :cool:

Attached are the files I found. Not sure if they are the newest ones.

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 17:11:19 »
complete files

Offline fatum

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 05:20:50 »
Thanks  :thumb:
I run it through virustotal and it reported two viruses, however, I think these are false detections because the most popular AV didn't find anything.

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/6633e0a48b36dec7d575af6f6ccb9bd5307bd62cc0e1f63deb38fb5302348690/detection

Offline xuanwumen

• * Commercial Vendor
    • EZKB
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 09:12:06 »
The NIZ bluetooth adapter is recently released. If you still have not solved the issue with Win7, I can help to get you the adapter.
NIZ KEYBOARDS VENDOR

Offline fatum

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 04:29:17 »
Guys, would you be so kind to get us the latest firmwares/tools from chinese internet?
I already have two 87 boards: with and without bluetooth.