Author Topic: Good news: Massdrop Holy Panda GB should start on Dec 7  (Read 15958 times)

Offline The_Royal

• That's what I call, a Sunday.
Re: Good news: Massdrop Holy Panda GB should start on Dec 7
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 19:24:59 »
Tough decision to be made: join/buy this massdrop, or stay away? I miss in-depth information: who is behind this massdrop? Are the switches knock-offs or accurate copies? Why don't they give these switches out to independent testers? All this lack of info gives me a bad feeling.

Pay with paypal, if MD doesn't live up to any of the claims in the next 6 months, with the samples, moulds etc... File a claim with paypal.

too bad the shipping date is just about 6 months after payment collection...

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 20:12:20 »
Tough decision to be made: join/buy this massdrop, or stay away? I miss in-depth information: who is behind this massdrop? Are the switches knock-offs or accurate copies? Why don't they give these switches out to independent testers? All this lack of info gives me a bad feeling.

Pay with paypal, if MD doesn't live up to any of the claims in the next 6 months, with the samples, moulds etc... File a claim with paypal.

too bad the shipping date is just about 6 months after payment collection...

MD charge date: Jan 1, 2019
MD estimated Ship date: May 20, 2019

=140 Days

39-40 Days left for buffer before end of Paypal protection.

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 15:43:50 »
OK. Guess, a thousand eyes watching this thread right now ... waiting for reviews.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 15:54:28 »
I mean, MD will also just give you a refund if you ask. Even outside of paypal protection window. Or if you pay with a credit card. It's just a support email away.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 16:23:46 »
massdrop has generally had a roller coaster perception in the community but I'm pretty positive if they went forward with this drop and the "holy pandas" they charge for are not the equivalent of the holy panda the community thinks they're getting- it'll be pretty catastrophic on their rep... so I think they'll get this right.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Vireca

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 05:55:48 »
Any news on who received the samples and when can we read/listen the reviews?

Offline Peripheral Prophet

• Lets change the game
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 16 December 2018, 12:27:48 »
Actual picture of me waiting for review sample footage..

Check out my live build streams on twitch and join my discord! https://discord.gg/QzeSQj2  https://www.twitch.tv/peripheral_installer

Offline trg1234

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 16 December 2018, 22:09:09 »
massdrop has generally had a roller coaster perception in the community but I'm pretty positive if they went forward with this drop and the "holy pandas" they charge for are not the equivalent of the holy panda the community thinks they're getting- it'll be pretty catastrophic on their rep... so I think they'll get this right.

this is literally the only reason I am joining the drop right now. But if I see any nope signs I'm pulling out so fast.

Offline Peripheral Prophet

• Lets change the game
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 15:43:45 »

this is literally the only reason I am joining the drop right now. But if I see any nope signs I'm pulling out so fast.

Same here, I did the math and I can think of about 150,000 reasons why they want to get this right. If the differences arent imperceptible, the results will be catastrophic for the gb and people simply will get discouraged, this is a pretty big buy so I imagine it will go off without a hitch and people will ultimately be pretty happy, if not happier considering the price point.
Check out my live build streams on twitch and join my discord! https://discord.gg/QzeSQj2  https://www.twitch.tv/peripheral_installer

Offline Vireca

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 16:11:35 »
I bet they are going to show the reviews when the GB ends. Days since the GB opened and no one can review a switch? Weird

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 17:09:57 »
Looking forward to Chyrosran's review and his enunciation for this branding

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 00:37:55 »
the whole thing is confusing. what reviews can be there if the tooling still needs to be fixed?

Offline Laughmaster

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 13:39:48 »
In case anyone hasn't heard already, Quakemz has confirmed with Massdrop that the "samples" they sent out used original Invyr Panda housings, meaning they are not the same product being sold in the GB. https://topclack.com/textclack/2018/12/19/holy-panda-switches-new-and-old-by-quakemz

I can't think of anything to call this other than scummy. Pretending to have samples in order to get good reviews is such a ****ty thing to do. I'll be waiting until the 1st round is over so we can get real reviews of this product, since Massdrop seems to screw up most things where they're responsible for organizing manufacturing.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 13:49:09 »
In case anyone hasn't heard already, Quakemz has confirmed with Massdrop that the "samples" they sent out used original Invyr Panda housings, meaning they are not the same product being sold in the GB. https://topclack.com/textclack/2018/12/19/holy-panda-switches-new-and-old-by-quakemz

I can't think of anything to call this other than scummy. Pretending to have samples in order to get good reviews is such a ****ty thing to do. I'll be waiting until the 1st round is over so we can get real reviews of this product, since Massdrop seems to screw up most things where they're responsible for organizing manufacturing.

Admittedly, I do think it's strange to send someone samples of something to test out and provide a review only to later state it's not the final product. If they had said that beforehand it would've been slightly more reasonable. However, I do get that there are plenty of companies out there who send out review products that are not finalized to get thoughts on how to improve them before the final production.

Offline Laughmaster

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 14:05:14 »

Admittedly, I do think it's strange to send someone samples of something to test out and provide a review only to later state it's not the final product. If they had said that beforehand it would've been slightly more reasonable. However, I do get that there are plenty of companies out there who send out review products that are not finalized to get thoughts on how to improve them before the final production.
But that isn't what is happening here. They're making a copy of an existing switch. The samples were sent out in order for people to verify that they feel the same as the original, existing switches. Sending out the original switches for people to verify that they feel the same as the original switches serves no purpose other than deceit.

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 15:10:49 »
I'm sure I'm not the only one who planned on joining the GB only after samples of the new meme switches were received and they were given the green light. MD sending the old switches is pretty

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 17:36:53 »
wasn't it 27 that sent the samples? Least thats what he said in the Massdrop thread. Massdrop never said they were personally sending anything out. I mean Massdrop might be semi innocent in this.

Offline D4PP3R

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 17:49:15 »
Why does the story of the holy panda get shadier by the day, you can't just make this **** up anymore, it has to be a deliberate attempt to deceive people into purchasing inferior products, I don't think I can join GB based on principle alone. They really need to extend the GB until the samples go out, or this is just ridiculous.

Offline Eszett

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 19:21:06 »
Sending out the original switches for people to verify that they feel the same as the original switches serves no purpose other than deceit.
Ye, if this imputation is true, then these original switches they call "samples" aren't samples of the advertised product, but of another product. Is there some person in charge for the MD who can be contacted and asked about this matter?
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 December 2018, 19:24:10 by Eszett »

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 21:54:13 »
wasn't it 27 that sent the samples? Least thats what he said in the Massdrop thread. Massdrop never said they were personally sending anything out. I mean Massdrop might be semi innocent in this.

It was Massdrop that sent them out, 27 has pretty much done nothing related to the GB as of yet. He's asking YanboWu to comment on the whole thing since he's the one who actually works for MD. The new HPs are going to be the same, it'll be a repaired mould. Even a clone was close to replicating it.

Offline trg1234

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 00:04:35 »

It was Massdrop that sent them out, 27 has pretty much done nothing related to the GB as of yet. He's asking YanboWu to comment on the whole thing since he's the one who actually works for MD. The new HPs are going to be the same, it'll be a repaired mould. Even a clone was close to replicating it.

That doesn't show anything. Massdrop said there will be samples there are no samples. And people say it's going to be the same but without samples how are we supposed to know?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 00:15:57 »

Then what was 27 talking about when he made this comment https://gyazo.com/7eb87ec98dc84977ca7f7b767965fe7c in that comment he said he was sending out the samples not massdrop.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 00:23:29 »
i can't belive i still get involved in posts about this ****

anyway

the samples were to prove the supply chain worked (which was the biggest obstacle), production samples should come in march (or earlier)

so, these were newly manufactured, but with a slightly different piece of tooling, which was a communication error

the only part of the original mold that was damaged was the runners, so the gates and sprues are fine

the entity that made the mistake here was massdrop for not communicating, and there has been assurance from md that communication will be improved in the future

other than that, i know as much as you guys do

there's a lot of misinformation being spread, which isn't doing anyone any favors

i will also say that personally attacking anyone doesn't do anything to solve the problem. the best thing you can do right now is to vote with your wallet

cancelling a massdrop order is as easy as sending a support ticket, maybe easier

the dates for most of this had been planned out before gsus even entered IC, so it's just a case of unfortunate timing on both ends, i seriously doubt md is intentionally being shady to gain sales

but im sure there are plenty of you who won't believe me anyway and i'll probably get a few more pms on discord telling me to harm myself in creative ways because some of you get way twisted about ****ing keyboard switches

occam's razor applies
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 December 2018, 00:26:34 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 00:29:39 »

Then what was 27 talking about when he made this comment https://gyazo.com/7eb87ec98dc84977ca7f7b767965fe7c in that comment he said he was sending out the samples not massdrop.

cheaper for md to ship from inside conus than for 27 to ship from canada to USA, so that was changed

but i don't know that for sure, i can ask 27 tho

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 06:54:18 »
I mean, I've never bought from MD before - can't we just cancel the order even though the GB purchase date has been reached? Say, they send out samples in March - and they turn out to be ****, can't we just cancel at that point in time and be refunded - or does it have to be within the GB period?

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 07:46:59 »
I mean, I've never bought from MD before - can't we just cancel the order even though the GB purchase date has been reached? Say, they send out samples in March - and they turn out to be ****, can't we just cancel at that point in time and be refunded - or does it have to be within the GB period?

Massdrop almost always allows people to cancel their order post-drop, especially if any issues are encountered (manufacturing defects, any sort of delay etc). There is absolutely no reason to think this drop would be any different.

So honestly the people running around spreading propaganda and threatening people need to seriously sit down and look in the mirror and consider joining a different hobby- this community can be more toxic than the gaming community sometimes but I guess they overlap. You have literally almost nothing to lose.

They're keyboard switches, Massdrop is trying to solve a major market need. Honestly the worst case scenario in this drop is that the initial run doesn't meet expectations, they delay it and get it right. Massdrop didn't get to where they are today by scamming people.

I'm looking forward to when these turn out to be completely fine and all the conspiracy theorists change their names and make new accounts and start begging Massdrop to re-run it.

"No good deed goes unpunished"

TL:DR y'all need Jesus, or should've just gotten GSUS.

« Last Edit: Fri, 21 December 2018, 08:02:58 by schoolbus »
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline MonsterZero

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 10:37:26 »

anyway

the samples were to prove the supply chain worked (which was the biggest obstacle), production samples should come in march (or earlier)

so, these were newly manufactured, but with a slightly different piece of tooling, which was a communication error

the only part of the original mold that was damaged was the runners, so the gates and sprues are fine

the entity that made the mistake here was massdrop for not communicating, and there has been assurance from md that communication will be improved in the future

there's a lot of misinformation being spread, which isn't doing anyone any favors

i will also say that personally attacking anyone doesn't do anything to solve the problem. the best thing you can do right now is to vote with your wallet

cancelling a massdrop order is as easy as sending a support ticket, maybe easier

the dates for most of this had been planned out before gsus even entered IC, so it's just a case of unfortunate timing on both ends, i seriously doubt md is intentionally being shady to gain sales

but im sure there are plenty of you who won't believe me anyway and i'll probably get a few more pms on discord telling me to harm myself in creative ways because some of you get way twisted about ****ing keyboard switches

occam's razor applies

How can you say this after you've nuked the whole HP fiasco thread on reddit?
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 11:08:48 »

anyway

occam's razor applies

Because I personally attacked his buddy somehow and he banned me for it.

Offline Marutks

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 11:41:23 »
I am interested in Holy Pandas.  Are they similar to original HP switches?

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 11:46:55 »
I am interested in Holy Pandas.  Are they similar to original HP switches?

Not a single person in the world can answer this question yet.

You could've read even the last page of this thread and got that answer btw.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 12:01:36 »

Massdrop almost always allows people to cancel their order post-drop, especially if any issues are encountered (manufacturing defects, any sort of delay etc). There is absolutely no reason to think this drop would be any different.

So honestly the people running around spreading propaganda and threatening people need to seriously sit down and look in the mirror and consider joining a different hobby- this community can be more toxic than the gaming community sometimes but I guess they overlap. You have literally almost nothing to lose.

They're keyboard switches, Massdrop is trying to solve a major market need. Honestly the worst case scenario in this drop is that the initial run doesn't meet expectations, they delay it and get it right. Massdrop didn't get to where they are today by scamming people.

I'm looking forward to when these turn out to be completely fine and all the conspiracy theorists change their names and make new accounts and start begging Massdrop to re-run it.

"No good deed goes unpunished"

TL:DR y'all need Jesus, or should've just gotten GSUS.

P much

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 12:15:56 »

anyway

occam's razor applies

I'll never understand why that mod came from Reddit to the Gsus GB just to start more drama and basically call for the GH mods on that post

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 12:22:58 »

anyway

occam's razor applies

I'll never understand why that mod came from Reddit to the Gsus GB just to start more drama and basically call for the GH mods on that post

I don't know, I'd advise all of you to proceed with caution on any dealings in the future with all of the involved parties.

Offline xarkkon

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 21:29:29 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/aaqy74/massdrop_holy_panda_update_final_samples_have/

Looks like MD may have pulled through on the samples at the 11th hour. There's no way to confirm if this new sample was from the old batch, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and putting in an order.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 21:40:45 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/aaqy74/massdrop_holy_panda_update_final_samples_have/

Looks like MD may have pulled through on the samples at the 11th hour. There's no way to confirm if this new sample was from the old batch, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and putting in an order.

I am considering getting some. I figure the market will be flooded and they will be easy to get.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 22:48:08 »
I put money aside for this. I'm eager to try them out.

BTW, if I'm used to using 68-72g SPRiT springs, are these stock springs going to need swapping?

Offline vegs

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 03:46:29 »

BTW, if I'm used to using 68-72g SPRiT springs, are these stock springs going to need swapping?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming the MD Holy Pandas use the standard Invyr Panda springs, which are 67g bottom out.
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline Vireca

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 05:55:22 »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming the MD Holy Pandas use the standard Invyr Panda springs, which are 67g bottom out.
Yes, and people usually dont swap them

Offline xarkkon

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 06:29:37 »
i'm assuming these weren't be factory lubed. what lubes are you folks thinking of using? or are these good to go unlubed?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 08:47:24 »

Yes, and people usually dont swap them

Cool; thanks, peeps.

Offline Marutks

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 10:46:15 »
I joined HP groupbuy.  I hope they will be similar to original ones.

I heard holy pandas are much better when lubed.  with  Tribosys 3204 perhaps...  https://www.switchmod.net/product/tribosys-3204

Offline Eszett

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 11:11:28 »
Please stick to the topic, not lubing.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #92 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 11:14:14 »

Lubing is directly correlated to the smoothness of these switches. It's 100% on topic for these switches.

What do you want people to talk about if they can't talk about lubing these?

Offline daishan

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 11:26:51 »
Quakemz discussed his approach to lubing Holy Pandas in the Q&A section of the latest episode (2018-12-27).

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 11:46:28 »

What's wrong with talking about lubing the switches in this thread?