Author Topic: Embody replacement fabric question  (Read 24261 times)

Offline typo

Embody replacement fabric question
« on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 09:02:45 »
My Embody just had all of it's fabric replaced under warranty. It had worn out. It feels very "hard" I do not remember, Does it take time to "break in"? Thank you

Offline typo

Re: Embody replacement fabric question
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 10:15:59 »
Never Mind. I called Herman Miller. They informed me it shall be a bit "stiff" for a matter of hours. In fact it is already much better in just 3 hours.

Offline typo

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 11:40:38 »
They must have "quietly" changed the backer foam. It is either thicker or more robust. This is nice. However the best thing about it is when the AC is blasting in here. I used to sit down and the chair was freezing Now it is warm. This tech really knew what he was doing. Not only did he do a perfect job. He replaced the full upholstery and arm pads in just over 20 minutes. Then he even vacuumed our floor for any debris he may have left. I guess anyone associated with Herman Miller is nothing but the best. This is Not like Hon. Their chairs are so worthless they will just keep shipping you an entire new chair again and again. Of course none of their chairs are even close to the class of the Embody. I have an Eames Executive chair at my paperwork desk but the Embody is far better for computer usage. Now with the improved fabric I would say it maybe is 10% better than it was already. I tried every high end chair on the market when I purchased this. This is perhaps the best computer chair on the planet IMO. I doubt they will ever update it because the poor designer is deceased.
Another interesting thing. I recently posted here about cleaning dried sweat off the armpads. The old ones collected it pretty bad. The new ones do not collect it at all! This makes me wonder what they might have improved in an entire new chair. Mine is from 7/2018 so it is not even that old but obviously they have already made improvements to it.

Offline typo

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 09:29:05 »
They state that they have not changed a thing. They say it just feels so good because mine was worn out. Who knows the truth. I see no reason to go spend another $1,800 for a "loaded" one like this to find out. I love this one just fine. Plus hardly anyone has a warranty this good. They said they will replace it unlimited times my fault.

Offline tessoftheriver

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 01:06:27 »
tysm for posting all this information !!! i was looking at buying an embody but wasn't sure what color because I was seeing the fabric wear down on some of the used ones. reading your experience gives me the confidence to buy the lighter color i want !