geekhack Community > Ergonomics

Ergonomics Made Easy

<< < (2/3) > >>

audioave10:
I have the Siig Mini Touch Plus from Newegg that has the media controls and is rubber-dome but its different and only $25...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823191005

Is this a third different model and is it mechanical?

hyperlinked:

--- Quote from: audioave10;197402 ---Is this a third different model and is it mechanical?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: A Newegg Reviewer ---SMALL FORM FACTOR, NICE KEY RESPONSE, HAS A GOOD FEEL TO IT WHILE TYPING. AND IT'S NICE AND QUIET!
--- End quote ---

That should answer the mechanical question.

TexasFlood:

--- Quote from: audioave10;197402 ---I have the Siig Mini Touch Plus from Newegg that has the media controls and is rubber-dome but its different and only $25...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823191005

Is this a third different model and is it mechanical?
--- End quote ---

Looks like you probably have the USB mini and what "Ergonomics Made Easy" is selling is equivalent to the PS/2 mini.  Here is the  Amazon link.  It's listed right there on the SIIG website with MSRP of $49.99 rather than $95.  "Ergonomics Made Easy" lists it as SKU BT40/5100-BLK.  But it is apparently same as both the SIIG mini PS/2 as well as the BTC-5100c.  Here is the Newegg BTC-5100c white version link (deactivated item).  Same board, just different part numbers.  These are out of stock everywhere I find them listed, seems like the PS/2 version is giving way to the newer USB ones.

audioave10:
Thanks...that makes it a little high-priced but possibly unavailable elsewhere.
I still wonder if that PS/2 mini is mechanical.

TexasFlood:

--- Quote from: audioave10;197414 ---Thanks...that makes it a little high-priced but possibly unavailable elsewhere.
I still wonder if that PS/2 mini is mechanical.
--- End quote ---

My guess would be no based on both general chatter on current SIIG type boards and the 20 million key switch cycle rating which is typically what rubber domes are rated at vs. mechanical more like 50 million IIRC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version