Author Topic: [Closed][EBAY] RARE IBM Model M SpaceSaver 1397681 Keyboard Tenkeyless w/AT 1993  (Read 57594 times)

Offline aegrotatio

I've been on this forum a long time.

I'm selling one of my unused but unboxed IBM Model M SpaceSavers here if you want to get it. It is a 1993 with an IBM/AT interface easily adapted to PS/2.

I love this forum. I traded one my cherished Monterey SIIG Minitouch keyboards for an equivalent non-Monterey several years ago and have fond memories of being here.

Thanks, and God bless!
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 January 2021, 14:41:18 by aegrotatio »
Daily Drivers: Ducky DK1087XM || DSI ASK-6600 || Rosewill RK-9000 BL, BR, BL, and RE || ABS M1 || Das Keyboard Silent || HHKB Lite and Lite 2 || DSI Big Font (kids love it)
Yearning for: Any ALPS keyboard || Any tenkeyless mechanical keyboard
Permanent collection: Poker Blue and Brown || Adesso MKB-125B || SIIG MiniTouch Geek Hack Space Saver || Chicony 5181 Monterey Blue || Chicony 5191 Clone Cherry Blues || Key Tronic 3600 || Unicomp Endurapro & SmarTrex || A crate of IBM Model M and Model M Space Saving boards || NeXTstation Slab || Amiga 3000 || BTC-5100C black and beige || SIIG MiniTouch Plus black and beige
Retired collection: SIIG MiniTouch Monterey Blue || Razer BlackWidow

Offline aegrotatio

I have a couple more Model M SpaceSavers that I will be selling if this auction is successful.  I bought them new in the box over a decade ago just like this one but didn't think to keep the original box for those darn collectors.

Daily Drivers: Ducky DK1087XM || DSI ASK-6600 || Rosewill RK-9000 BL, BR, BL, and RE || ABS M1 || Das Keyboard Silent || HHKB Lite and Lite 2 || DSI Big Font (kids love it)
Permanent collection: Poker Blue and Brown || Adesso MKB-125B || SIIG MiniTouch Geek Hack Space Saver || Chicony 5181 Monterey Blue || Chicony 5191 Clone Cherry Blues || Key Tronic 3600 || Unicomp Endurapro & SmarTrex || A crate of IBM Model M and Model M Space Saving boards || NeXTstation Slab || Amiga 3000 || BTC-5100C black and beige || SIIG MiniTouch Plus black and beige

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
I own a few fullsize and one SSK.  I absolutely love the SSK but it's missing some rivets on the arrow cluster that make it not so snappy. I've always been afraid to bolt mod it.  I might be interested in one of your boxless boards if you sell them.  I've never been too picky about having the original box.   :))

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
I own a few fullsize and one SSK.  I absolutely love the SSK but it's missing some rivets on the arrow cluster that make it not so snappy. I've always been afraid to bolt mod it.  I might be interested in one of your boxless boards if you sell them.  I've never been too picky about having the original box.   :))

You don't need to bolt mod when the arrow cluster rivets go.   Just wedge layers of folded paper under the assembly until it tightens up (but not so much that it snaps the tab holding the assembly down).  You can do this with the top off, adding a layer til the keys are more responsive, then button it up.
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder

You don't need to bolt mod when the arrow cluster rivets go.   Just wedge layers of folded paper under the assembly until it tightens up (but not so much that it snaps the tab holding the assembly down).  You can do this with the top off, adding a layer til the keys are more responsive, then button it up.

I’ll give it a shot!  Thanks for the tip.

Offline aegrotatio

Thanks all for your interest and indulging me. I'm purging my basement of old tech and, while it's depressing sending worthless tech to the recycler, it feels good offering these old, rare beasts to the community. I have a few more if you wanted to skip the auction site but I can't guarantee anything. Shipping is expensive.

Oh, and I just noticed my signature is out of date. Some of those died or went away. Today's daily drivers are all Cooler Master CM Storm keyboards with Brown switches and one with Blue switches.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2020, 11:23:32 by aegrotatio »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Yeah, I would love to own another SSK, and I'd be more than happy to keep one out of the garbage.   Should only be around $20 to ship in the usps flat rate game box.  Just as long as you wrap it and stuff the box with something to keep it from banging around in transit.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2020, 11:55:03 by pixelpusher »

Offline aegrotatio

Wow, I can't get fewer than 25 Flat Rate Game Boxes.
Where can I get fewer boxes?  I have lots of keyboards, but not 25 of them?!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Well I just pick them up at the post office, but I haven’t had to since Covid times.   :(

Offline aegrotatio

This is ending soon. Someone from the Netherlands is messing up the auction even though I specified USA only. Check for a likely "second chance" offer unless someone outbids this buyer tonight. Can't believe this is happening, sorry for the trouble. Not sure I will be using eBay for my other Model M SpaceSavers after this lousy experience.

I removed the suspect (shiller?) bidder and the price has gone down. Good luck!

IBM Model M SpaceSaver
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 December 2020, 18:11:35 by aegrotatio »