Author Topic: [IC] GMK WOB NORDEUK++ R2 - ( Awaiting quotes )  (Read 48661 times)

Offline Saks

Re: [IC] GMK WOB NORDEUK++ R2 - ( Awaiting quotes )
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 11:43:03 »

This run will be only WoB? I know Minimal 2 had Norde, but some keys that I need was missing on that add-on kit!

Yes. WOB only. It will be hard to meet MOQ for BOW.. especially because it ran along side minimal :) Did you check out colorchrome?

Checked! But I need the PT keycaps, which is always not included :(

Offline abucazu

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 12:10:40 »
It would be super cool if you could add the ISO variant of the Spanish

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 16:11:24 »

You can use US Int, Fin/Sw/Dan Int, and other European locales to write in Spanish. I write in Sp extensively and I have never used neither Spain nor the Latin version of SP layouts.

Offline JustKeys

• JustKeys
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 18:53:52 »
Hello! I'm from Malaysia, hit me up if you need a SEA vendor :)

Discord : JustJordan#0626
Instagram : JustKeys

Offline bazzmx

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 09:41:17 »
+1for spanish, this is a sick set!

Offline MiguelFg

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 03:18:12 »

You can use US Int, Fin/Sw/Dan Int, and other European locales to write in Spanish. I write in Sp extensively and I have never used neither Spain nor the Latin version of SP layouts.

Kinda wanted to know how, and I mean if u can put a practical example, specially for áéíóúçñ which are keycaps that has no legends and you just have to pretend they are there.

Or maybe you use EURKey software idk.

Offline Kptburger

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 03:21:28 »
gaming
i crave lasang

Offline bazzmx

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 03:50:48 »

Kinda wanted to know how, and I mean if u can put a practical example, specially for áéíóúçñ which are keycaps that has no legends and you just have to pretend they are there.

Or maybe you use EURKey software idk.

In Spanish you don't have fixed keys for áéíóúü because you have a separate ´ (just besides the ñ key), you press ´ and then the vowel you want to accent so you get á for example, for ü you have to press shift+ ´and then u (or any other vowel for that matter), both ñ and ç have separate keys because they are letter by themselves, ñ is not an special n and ç is not an special s.

In order to type with different keycaps you just have to map the keyboard to (for example) iso-es layout and whatever keycap you have over the mapped ñ key will type an ñ, I have a iso-gb layout keyboard and I think it has : ; where the ñ should be so I press that, I guess you just have to know where are your keys at and there you go.

The thing is, imo, that it looks less aesthetic and has less of a custom/premium/exclusive feeling, you spend ˜300€ on a keyboard to not get keycaps in your language, most people won't be up for that. Anyway, finding good Spanish keycaps is a rabbithole by itself, most don't have all the proper keys, or mix up latin american and european distributions, don't have the brackets on the correct side, forget the E with the € symbol, or don't include a ç

TL;DR memorize the keyboard, set iso-es, put whatever keycaps you want

Offline salgiza

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 04:30:00 »
Ideally, as this IC is probably too advanced to consider adding new sets, someone should create an IC for a GMK WOB "SOUTH" set, that included the ES/PT/IT/LA/BR layouts. Hopefully, among those of us that live in either Spain, Portugal, Italy, or Latin America (about 750.000.000 people), there are enough mechanical keyboard enthusiasts to achieve the minimum MOQ for such a set...

Offline bazzmx

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 06:02:57 »
I would be in for such a kit

Offline xmaviik

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 09:14:12 »
Any news on the kit? :)

Offline Dakk1d

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 12:36:22 »
Any updates?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Prelim

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 09:15:27 »
I guess this may return after COVID and things go back to "normal".
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 05:25:02 »
Hello Good Folks.

Sorry for not being able to update you with any info the last long time.

It unfortunately took forever to get the vendor to reach out to GMK i just recently got a answer.
I did not get a quote back, but just the info of requirements for getting a qoute........ i didn't know and hoped hat since we had run this before it should be easy to get up and going.

I tried through a new vendor. GMK is still not taking in new vendors unfortunately.

So its kind of stuck now. I am honestly put off be trying to get quotes and with GMK's lead times... ehh soo yeah haha 😄

If anyone want to take over the project feel free, pm me and i can send out the kle link! :)

All the best,

ISO

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 14:11:31 »
Hello Good Folks.

It unfortunately took forever to get the vendor to reach out to GMK i just recently got a answer.
I did not get a quote back, but just the info of requirements for getting a qoute........ i didn't know and hoped hat since we had run this before it should be easy to get up and going.

I tried through a new vendor. GMK is still not taking in new vendors unfortunately.

So its kind of stuck now. I am honestly put off be trying to get quotes and with GMK's lead times... ehh soo yeah haha 😄

If anyone want to take over the project feel free, pm me and i can send out the kle link! :)

All the best,

ISO

To feel frustrated is normal with all these drawbacks, I just hope that you keep going with this, as it is doubtful someone else is up to the challenge at this time.

Offline Lil Pai

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 30 September 2021, 08:04:22 »
Hello Good Folks.

All the best,

ISO

Definitely a challenge, and a frustrating one at that. Like ideus said, I do hope you still power through it and keep going. I've ordered a couple of GMK sets at this point, but this one, completing WoB with a NorDeUK set, that is the literal dream. So many nice sets, but nothing beats the classy WoB imo. I hope you don't give up on this one!

Offline Hyi

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 05:44:25 »
Just dropping to say that I really hope this happens even through all the troubles. Lifetime set for me (Do even I believe that?).

Offline Prelim

« Reply #117 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 03:22:12 »
I really hope some GB runner in our ISO community can take this torch and continue with the R2 (Nordeuk++ for WoB and Classic Dolch)  :thumb:
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline DEG_2196

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 28 December 2021, 08:20:09 »
Just chiming in to say I still hope this can go ahead somehow!

Offline teukka

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 29 December 2021, 14:53:15 »
I just ordered Base kit from drop.com in hope these come available some day  :rolleyes:

Offline hussar_name

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 16:59:07 »
Add Italian?

Offline CoyoteMegalo

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 05:53:26 »
Add French ?  ;)

Offline clewstah

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 06 April 2022, 02:14:00 »
Hello Good Folks.

All the best,

ISO

I really hope you get you will back to re-up this in the future. This is an amasing initiative and idea. I really wouldn't wanna miss the opportunity if it arises again. Hope you're doing well. <3

Offline SmallSon

• Nordic layout? Sign me up!
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 06 May 2022, 13:36:59 »
Am ready to join if the run ever happens!

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 16 May 2022, 14:06:04 »
French AZERTY layout support ? If so French discord community will be happy to buy it. I'll make te word to the moderators, many people are waiting for this to happen.

Offline Lil Pai

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 10:35:10 »
Well, I guess this project is dead. :(
I guess the best option for getting a WoB set with NorDeUK / International support would be PBTfans' new WOB set. Their international kit isn't available yet, but hopefully will be soon. About time I get my hands on an international WoB set after waiting for this GB to start for nearly two years.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 13:34:34 »
Well, I guess this project is dead. :(
I guess the best option for getting a WoB set with NorDeUK / International support would be PBTfans' new WOB set. Their international kit isn't available yet, but hopefully will be soon. About time I get my hands on an international WoB set after waiting for this GB to start for nearly two years.

It is a shame that you missed this kit's original run. It was the only chance I have found so far to get my OG WoB to use with a Danish layout.

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 16:28:53 »
no turkish g support :(

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #128 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 00:29:58 »
I've never heard of this place NordeUK  Maybe the treeleaf lives there. Has anyone seen the treeleaf lately? I can't find him anywhere
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Chez

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 11:02:45 »
Just wanted to add to the people above and say that IF this ever happened I'd 100% be in.. having moved to Iceland within the last 18 months, it's impossible to find Icelandic keycaps..  Would desperately love to be able to build an Icelandic ISO board.

Offline Zurg Eon

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 18:20:52 »
I'm in

Offline atkins

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 00:45:47 »
This should really get going again.

Offline rossi94

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 05:21:21 »
Count me in.