Author Topic: [GB] GMK Terror Below | Important update for M&Co customers  (Read 279005 times)

Offline TheDudeTV

Re: [GB] GMK Terror Below | Final numbers
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 12 January 2023, 02:41:15 »
Just a heads up to anyone who ordered a collab cable from Luxe Cables.  It seems the website is shutdown, and people are having a hard time getting in touch with anyone from Luxe to get their money back.  Scam alert.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 13:57:18 »
any updates since october?

Not much I can update you about. Everything about Terror Below is done from colors to box design etc.
Now we wait for GMK and I have no news about that at the moment.

Offline LinleyBaruch

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 16 April 2023, 13:49:41 »
Any updates since Jan?

Offline Afresh

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 17 April 2023, 07:39:45 »
Any updates since Jan?
Waiting for production, when GMK gets to it, I will update here.

Offline TomDoe

« Reply #104 on: Sat, 22 April 2023, 12:45:08 »
I'm wondering why the Noveltys Kit is available again at Candykeys? Does it mean that the other kits are following soon?

Offline Afresh

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 22 April 2023, 16:41:10 »
I'm wondering why the Noveltys Kit is available again at Candykeys? Does it mean that the other kits are following soon?

Prety sure it's preorders not instock sale.

Offline TomDoe

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 07:24:58 »
I‘ve ordered the Novelty‘s just for the heck of it because i missed them back in the days when i preordered the base kit.
At Candykeys the were set as „in stock“ so obviously not a preorder again. Curious when they arrive tbh…

Offline Fleshco

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 10:15:38 »
I am quite happy this set was available to preorder on Candy Keys. I managed to get the Base Kit. What are the odds of extra stock for the space bars and novelties after they are released? I am new to the hobby and is my first set. I would love to get the other bits.

Offline TomDoe

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 11:20:21 »
I'm wondering. Novelties are not "in Stock" any more at Candykeys but my order is "processing". Let's see what will arrive here and when. If it is a return of round 1 or so i hope it is at least color matching to my preorders.

EDIT: I just realized that there was no R1 of this set if i'm correct. So now i'm really interested what i bought at Candykeys  :D
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 April 2023, 11:23:13 by TomDoe »

Offline Afresh

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 13:26:18 »
I'm wondering. Novelties are not "in Stock" any more at Candykeys but my order is "processing". Let's see what will arrive here and when. If it is a return of round 1 or so i hope it is at least color matching to my preorders.

EDIT: I just realized that there was no R1 of this set if i'm correct. So now i'm really interested what i bought at Candykeys  :D

As I said before, this set hasn't been produced yet so you preordered novelties.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #110 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 13:26:53 »
I am quite happy this set was available to preorder on Candy Keys. I managed to get the Base Kit. What are the odds of extra stock for the space bars and novelties after they are released? I am new to the hobby and is my first set. I would love to get the other bits.

There will be plenty of extras :)

Offline TomDoe

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 14:12:02 »
I can only tell you what i bought and what Candykeys has on my Order which is getting "processed" and not "manufactured" like the base kit i ordered last year. So i think this order will get canceled tomorrow anyways. But hopefully i can order this when it is produced and in stock for real.
But for now, here are some screenshots, yeah it proves nothing but it is what i see at the moment:
https://imgur.com/a/gVZdTe9
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 April 2023, 14:14:18 by TomDoe »

Offline Fleshco

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 18:19:25 »
There will be plenty of extras :)

So good to read this, thanks!

Offline seabassi

« Reply #113 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 15:04:01 »
the wait time on this set for production is  :confused: :-[.  please GMK for the love of god.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 27 April 2023, 08:06:50 »
the wait time on this set for production is  :confused: :-[.  please GMK for the love of god.
this is not taking any longer than any average gmk set. no reason to freak out.

Offline TomDoe

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 28 April 2023, 03:04:41 »
Just to finish this up: Obviously Candykeys at least did not cancel my noveltys order but just set the status to "manufacturing".
So on the good side: I got my noveltys kit safe...

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 28 April 2023, 10:58:44 »
Just to finish this up: Obviously Candykeys at least did not cancel my noveltys order but just set the status to "manufacturing".
So on the good side: I got my noveltys kit safe...

why on earth should they cancel it, I don't think you get what those statuses mean (nothing)

Offline demigodvn

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 08 May 2023, 13:17:40 »
Any updates on production guys :(

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 08 May 2023, 15:10:47 »
This probably isn't gonna be in your hands this year. There's sets that ran in Q1 2021 that haven't shipped yet. I mean, maybe Q4? When sets that ran Q3 2021 finish shipping, you can start to think this might be a month or two out.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 May 2023, 15:13:11 by IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES »

Offline YoungManKim

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 08 May 2023, 15:31:01 »
Just to put numbers to this:
- There is one remaining GMK set from Q1 2021 that has yet to ship (Tuzi)
- 37/40 sets from Q2 2021 have shipped
- 21/34 sets from Q3 2021 have shipped
- This makes 17 sets that need to be completed before Q4 sets are theoretically started (realistically, some Q4 sets will be completed before then)

With GMK fulfilling ~10 sets a month I would be cautiously optimistic that fulfillment for this set happens this year.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 08 May 2023, 15:44:46 »
Just to put numbers to this:
- There is one remaining GMK set from Q1 2021 that has yet to ship (Tuzi)
- 37/40 sets from Q2 2021 have shipped
- 21/34 sets from Q3 2021 have shipped
- This makes 17 sets that need to be completed before Q4 sets are theoretically started (realistically, some Q4 sets will be completed before then)

With GMK fulfilling ~10 sets a month I would be cautiously optimistic that fulfillment for this set happens this year.

I was just looking at GMK's shipping progress yesterday.  I can't say I've captured all the GBs or that it's 100% accurate, but this graph is for anyone who would like to visualize GMK's shipping progress.  It's very close to what YoungManKim just said, and also shows months from GB end to shipping for those GBs that have shipped.

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 08 May 2023, 22:28:28 »
Does the red "in-process" GBs mean that's the number of new GB's that were ran and submitted to GMK?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 09 May 2023, 12:50:14 »
Does the red "in-process" GBs mean that's the number of new GB's that were ran and submitted to GMK?

A red "in-progress" point is just the number of GBs with end dates in that quarter.  No consideration for GB status beyond that - orders placed with GMK? progress of color matching? etc.

FWIW, the graph starts on 1/2/2019 and a quarter is 365.25/4 days so the X-axis legends always say the correct month.

It's hard to define exact GB shipping dates.  They are always logged as the 15th of a month, but often not all vendors ship in the same month.  I go by people receiving orders and posting in Geekhack GB threads, vendors informing in Discord servers, vendors announcing in-stock extras for sale (not when taking pre-orders for extras), etc.  Not all vendors receive sets from GMK at the same time or ship in the same month.  And of course it's likely some GBs have shipped and I don't know about it.

I'm also likely missing some GBs entirely.

Offline demigodvn

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 10 May 2023, 11:33:12 »
Is a milky case suit this set sir :( Im going to buy Zoom75 but wondering between milk tea or wild green color

Offline Afresh

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 05:08:49 »
GMK Terror Below is produced! Now we wait for shipping :)

credits: Mario Seibl

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 06:16:53 »
hey thats fantastic news! Looking forward to this set.

Offline Helskor

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 10:29:56 »
Excited to see this set in person when it ships!

Offline Afresh

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 23 May 2023, 03:23:03 »
Currently shipping to vendors

Offline Keef

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 23 May 2023, 05:51:53 »
Any news on the deskmats?

Offline Afresh

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 24 May 2023, 00:54:41 »

M&C said in their post that deskmats will be produced in 6 to 8 weeks.

Offline andromache

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 25 May 2023, 10:33:39 »
Dang, M&C's deskmat queue takes even longer than GMK.  :eek:

Offline Necrolegion

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 06 June 2023, 04:54:12 »

With the sh*t storm that has happened with Mechs & Co, do you know if they did place their order with GMK and are actually shipping product?

M&C have locked their discord.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 06 June 2023, 06:48:35 »

With the sh*t storm that has happened with Mechs & Co, do you know if they did place their order with GMK and are actually shipping product?

Nothing changed since they ordered Terror Below over a year ago. We are waiting for deskpads, other projects and "drama" around them won't affect this run.

Offline wei0526

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 17 June 2023, 14:57:36 »
Does anyone have any update from Mech & CO?

My shipping status is still Unfulfilled.

Offline KevlarBear

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 23 June 2023, 15:28:08 »
Is this still en route to vendors or have they received the set already?

Offline Afresh

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 01:30:01 »
We are still waiting for deskpads. Some vendors got their sets already.

Offline centurion832

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 09:21:05 »

Nothing changed since they ordered Terror Below over a year ago. We are waiting for deskpads, other projects and "drama" around them won't affect this run.

Not to sew panic, but have you been in contact with M&C to confirm that they have paid for deskpads and have the funds to ship out orders?  Are secondary methods of fulfillment being considered?  They are full-on ghosting people involved in a couple of keyboard GBs the mods of the various MK socials posted a lengthy blog yesterday about the future of M&C as the company has not stated anything publicly since they locked down their Discord at the beginning of the month.

Again, not trying to be chicken little, but I believe that people's concerns about fulfillment are real and justified.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 25 June 2023, 03:41:36 »

Not to sew panic, but have you been in contact with M&C to confirm that they have paid for deskpads and have the funds to ship out orders?  Are secondary methods of fulfillment being considered?  They are full-on ghosting people involved in a couple of keyboard GBs the mods of the various MK socials posted a lengthy blog yesterday about the future of M&C as the company has not stated anything publicly since they locked down their Discord at the beginning of the month.

Again, not trying to be chicken little, but I believe that people's concerns about fulfillment are real and justified.

AFAIK They are shipping out stuff like GMK Earth Tones, last time I talked to them I had every vendor fill in their billing information to be invoiced for deskpads separately. If anything changes I will update you guys here.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #138 on: Sun, 25 June 2023, 04:06:21 »

AFAIK They are shipping out stuff like GMK Earth Tones, last time I talked to them I had every vendor fill in their billing information to be invoiced for deskpads separately. If anything changes I will update you guys here.

When is the last time you talked?
For me, M&C has not replied for around a month.. This was after dipping out of a live GB :)
So, I would be really careful to deal with them.

Offline KevlarBear

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 25 June 2023, 13:25:38 »

Do you know if orders without deskpads will go ahead and ship out or is that choice up to each individual vendor?

Offline Afresh

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 25 June 2023, 14:37:05 »

When is the last time you talked?
For me, M&C has not replied for around a month.. This was after dipping out of a live GB :)
So, I would be really careful to deal with them.

2 weeks ago

Do you know if orders without deskpads will go ahead and ship out or is that choice up to each individual vendor?

I mean, that would make sense for them to do that.

Offline skwrl

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 15:18:11 »
Just coming on this now. Sad there isn't a 2u shift, or an obscure/40s kit.
Maybe in R2?  ;D

Offline Vaalbeast

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 09 July 2023, 15:01:20 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/14v52yp/mechs_co_vendor_update/

Looks like the final nail in the coffin for M&C customers. I was patient but finally initiated a chargeback on my Terror Below preorder and am reporting fraud to the FTC. Good luck everyone, really unfortunate situation.

To the designers, you've created an absolutely badass set and I hope this experience doesn't impact your future works too much.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 10 July 2023, 03:09:38 »
Hi

I already posted on my discord yesterday so I thought it would be a good thing to update those who aren't there. Please read the Reddit posts and act accordingly, I can no longer stand by what Mike from M&C told me because I don't know what is really happening inside M&C. I'm actively working on a possible solution like fulfillment through another vendor, etc. It's very possible that I will be able to get on a call with GMK and talk about our options. I'll let you guys know if anything changes.

I was very excited to see all my projects being fulfilled this year and then this happened...  I'm truly sorry to everyone involved in this.

Offline lycantivis

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 10 July 2023, 11:50:47 »
Hi

I already posted on my discord yesterday so I thought it would be a good thing to update those who aren't there. Please read the Reddit posts and act accordingly, I can no longer stand by what Mike from M&C told me because I don't know what is really happening inside M&C. I'm actively working on a possible solution like fulfillment through another vendor, etc. It's very possible that I will be able to get on a call with GMK and talk about our options. I'll let you guys know if anything changes.

I was very excited to see all my projects being fulfilled this year and then this happened...  I'm truly sorry to everyone involved in this.
Is there other options?  I thought M&C received the shipment already?  Going to be hard to get GMK to print even more without pay, or another vendor to give up their paid for kits to back fill the M&C orders.  It would have been easy to control if GMK hadn't have already shipped off the kits to M&C, but correct me if I am wrong.

Offline pillowman

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 14 July 2023, 21:35:09 »
Jesus so what now, just chargeback? At this point I’m willing to a pay a third party to just seize our orders from their warehouse.

Offline thesky

« Reply #146 on: Sat, 15 July 2023, 14:52:24 »
Jesus so what now, just chargeback? At this point I’m willing to a pay a third party to just seize our orders from their warehouse.

Earlier this week I was able to call my credit card's customer service center and charge back the money I paid for this groupbuy. I didn't come to that decision easily, but if you've placed your order with Mechs & Co, I would recommend you try a charge back as well.

I was waiting to see if Mechs & Co would ship these out like they had told Afresh, but then I heard that MilkyWay Fuyu couldn't be delivered to the Mechs & Co warehouse because no one was on site to receive it. That news coupled with the lack of communication that Mechs & Co promised in their response on July 1st made it seem to me like they are trying to ghost the community, so attempting a charge back seemed like the safe thing to do.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 15 July 2023, 16:00:18 »
That sucks guys, I'm sorry. I'd probably would of been in the same boat if I did not already have nautilus nightmares when this Gb launched.

Offline lycantivis

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 15:50:18 »

Earlier this week I was able to call my credit card's customer service center and charge back the money I paid for this groupbuy. I didn't come to that decision easily, but if you've placed your order with Mechs & Co, I would recommend you try a charge back as well.

I was waiting to see if Mechs & Co would ship these out like they had told Afresh, but then I heard that MilkyWay Fuyu couldn't be delivered to the Mechs & Co warehouse because no one was on site to receive it. That news coupled with the lack of communication that Mechs & Co promised in their response on July 1st made it seem to me like they are trying to ghost the community, so attempting a charge back seemed like the safe thing to do.
Well and top of M&C locking their website. I too was holding out hoping they would still ship them.  Because I now need to source this set somewhere else on extras...But I too took the charge back path.

Offline TomDoe

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 17:21:20 »
Does this also affect Orders on other Vendors like me in Europe with an order at candykeys?