geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[IC] Dragon Army Doubleshot keycap set

(1/7) > >>

emptythecache:
Alright guys, I thought I'd try my hand at this whole "Run a group buy and lose your entire damn mind" thing. The keycap set I'd like to do is inspired by the novel Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card, but it should appeal to anyone who just likes the color scheme as well. Below is a mockup done by the lovely hazeluff. The escape image is the chinese character for "Dragon" (or it looks close enough to the sources I've checked, but I'd appreciate if someone verify it doesn't say "Dog Semen" or something like that). We didn't try to go with an actual image of a dragon because we thought it would be impossible to find one doubleshottable, buit if you DO find one, let me know.

Without further adu...

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 47247[/ATTACH]

Let me know:

1. if you are interested in a set
2. if you have opinions on how the sets should be broken up/what add-ons should be available (although I'm super selfish and actually don't really want any add-ons at all.)
3. if you think any of the colors should be changed.
4. if you have a problem with SP's ISOTHERM font, which I was planning on using.

Ideally I'd like this thing to NOT take as long as round 4, which is why i'd like to offer as few options as would generate enough interest. Personally I no longer have any boards with a numpad, so I could even do without the full 104 key set, but I figured that would cut down too much on potential interest. I AM planning on including a normal "Esc" escape key, so 105 key would be ideal.

Obviously, prices will scale with order size. It should be as reasonable as possible though with not a thousand options, and only one custom legend.

I threw together a (seriously) simple surveymonkey survey. you don't have to register. doit plox. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/76DXSHG (UPDATED)

gogogogogogogo.

emptythecache:
(GLWIC!)

thegunner100:
Pass... but if you lose your mind, who will pick up the GB?! GLWIC!

Edit: you beat me to the GLWIC

alaricljs:
Not keen on the arrow key icons, maybe ^v style instead if you don't want standard arrow style.

I think the 84 + 17key numpad set is a nice way to break sets.  The Diablo GB is the only full set I've ever considered and I'd have to build a numpad to use that part.

boost:
Put me down for 2 tkl sets

Sent from a phone...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version