Author Topic: [IC] Teal on Grey Set  (Read 4387 times)

Offline tauburn

[IC] Teal on Grey Set
« on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 23:36:40 »

I saw this posted in another thread and i thought it would be cool to make full sets in this style with the same colors and lime green backspace. just an idea if someone else were to take it over.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Re: [IC] Teal on Grey Set
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 01:21:06 »
I think this is a great idea!

Even if we don't end up with dyesublimated PBT like the original, I think it'd look excellent in DSA.

I can't run this as a GB, but I'd certainly be interested in buying.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 01:22:06 »
So Toxic, but green on beige instead of green on black?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 01:32:58 »
So Toxic, but green on beige instead of green on black?
Toxic isn't black... It's grey, GX I believe. Plus this is teal and lime greenish...
P.s. I'm still loving this poker.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline remedyhalopc

[IC] Teal on Grey Set
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 01:34:28 »
Yeah, but without toxic's nasty green yellow on the actual caps (so not toxic) . If the OP wants a set like the picture, then it's like a deep dark green on grey besides the ugly backspace.

I'm normally reserved when it comes to caps, but I really am not a fan of toxic's color way or any yucky green like that.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 02:10:45 »
Yeah, but without toxic's nasty green yellow on the actual caps (so not toxic) . If the OP wants a set like the picture, then it's like a deep dark green on grey besides the ugly backspace.

I'm normally reserved when it comes to caps, but I really am not a fan of toxic's color way or any yucky green like that.

The backspace is my favorite part of that keyset.  I'd definitely be interested in it if I had the money when it went to GB status.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 02:53:10 »
I don't think there will be a green backspace, but Ivan is doing white/beige Thick PBT Imsto sets close to what you all want :P

Link to other color possibilities - http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=31861.msg868335#msg868335

If you want teal, just go with the Miami colors (Cyan) instead :)

Offline pasph

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 04:13:59 »
Imsto's dyesub preferred
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline calavera

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 05:38:44 »
Someone here is doing a group buy on dye subs and green fonts was an option I think.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 05:49:51 »
I think that was that flash BSP buy calavera. But I'd be interested in both the lime set and a TA colorway set :D

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 06:47:29 »
Right, I am doing a dyesub very much like these, will probably have the ordering thread up later in the day or tomorrow. Also there is always a chance these will get done as doubleshots with GMK at some point so the white on bright green accent keys would be a possibility with that.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 08:34:03 »
Green on Beige  :cool:

Offline tauburn

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 08:41:11 »
Right, I am doing a dyesub very much like these, will probably have the ordering thread up later in the day or tomorrow. Also there is always a chance these will get done as doubleshots with GMK at some point so the white on bright green accent keys would be a possibility with that.

gmk doubleshots of these would be awesome.

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 11:40:25 »
I think a GB for GMK replica "CODE" keys would be awesome.  Could be just like the ESC pack in Ivan's GMK GB.  They make awesome 1x winkeys (they are B profile) on the 86 key custom/vintage boards...

That teal color is sometimes referred to as TA green around here, btw.  The BSP flash group buy (which closed today) had a TA Green on light gray base/beige mods colorway as an option - I ordered a set for my LZ-GH and can compare the originals pulled from the typewriter to the BSP set whenever they arrive.

Offline tauburn

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 11:45:14 »
I think a GB for GMK replica "CODE" keys would be awesome.  Could be just like the ESC pack in Ivan's GMK GB.  They make awesome 1x winkeys (they are B profile) on the 86 key custom/vintage boards...

That teal color is sometimes referred to as TA green around here, btw.  The BSP flash group buy (which closed today) had a TA Green on light gray base/beige mods colorway as an option - I ordered a set for my LZ-GH and can compare the originals pulled from the typewriter to the BSP set whenever they arrive.

i saw that gb, but i think the doubleshots would be much better

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 12:07:21 »
I will check GMK to see they have this CODE legend tooling available. There have been a few legends I asked about on some older more obscure G80 models they didnt' seem to have. Could just include in the TA green/grey colorway set whenever it gets done too.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 12:30:24 »
I really like this color combination!

Depending on price and keycapmaterial I am in for a set :)

Offline tauburn

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 12:45:30 »
i also had the idea of having the legends of the modifier keys in the lighter green color thats used on some of the keys in the pic. that would look nice imo.