Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8537745 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #9150 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:08:47 »
He wont pick people with illicit drug references in their usernames names also, hence the Clackness of my situation, yea that must be it.

haven't you read his Urban Dictionary entry?

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #9151 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:09:03 »
Ugggggggghhh, CC OPENED THE THREAD WHEN I WAS DRIVING HOME FROM WORK!! I'VE BEEN REVERSE-TROLLED!!!  :)) :)) :))

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #9152 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:10:12 »
I said it once, and I'll say it again...just when you thought it was safe to go on with your day...
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #9153 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:11:25 »
I said it once, and I'll say it again...just when you thought it was safe to go on with your day...

Yep, I don't close Spy after a sale anymore. Constantly takes up 1/4 of my screen which is not so cool considering I'm on a 2010 macbook with the lowest res screen ever.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9154 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:15:20 »

Yep, I don't close Spy after a sale anymore. Constantly takes up 1/4 of my screen which is not so cool considering I'm on a 2010 macbook with the lowest res screen ever.

Sounds like you need to buy a second monitor for clacks sales.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #9155 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:15:48 »

Yup. Worth.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9156 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:16:34 »

Just waiting on one of my colleagues to get back from NY with my new Macbook. Praying that they get me something with an i7.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #9157 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:17:07 »

Yup. Worth.

i thought everyone had a second monitor with a perma-spy browser window open.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9158 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:18:21 »
I do use an external monitor at work but I've worked from home most of this week so I'm couchsurfing.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #9159 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:18:54 »

Yup. Worth.

Well, Hoff has an ultrawide. And one of my monitors is permaspy while I game or do homework. So I'm sure there are more like me.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9160 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:20:40 »
Always wanted on of those ultrawides, I hate starting at bezels with dual displays.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #9161 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:22:12 »
Always wanted on of those ultrawides, I hate starting at bezels with dual displays.

I really want the new LG one...but I don't want to drop $1300 on it haha

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #9162 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:24:44 »

are these the curvy ones?  i want one of those.  i've been using some old 24" dell monitor that i bought nine years ago.  still works fine though.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #9163 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:26:58 »

are these the curvy ones?  i want one of those.  i've been using some old 24" dell monitor that i bought nine years ago.  still works fine though.

I don't know if it's curved but it's a 21:9 aspect ratio, it looks perfect and amazing.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9164 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:29:30 »

Yeah I want the Dell curved one, looks so sick. Might have to see if I can salary sacrifice one next financial year.

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=au&cs=audhs1&l=en&s=dhs&sku=210-AEBS&redirect=1

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #9165 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:32:42 »

Yeah I want the Dell curved one, looks so sick. Might have to see if I can salary sacrifice one next financial year.

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=au&cs=audhs1&l=en&s=dhs&sku=210-AEBS&redirect=1

clacks >> fancy monitors

edit:  hmm those curvy monitors are sexy

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9166 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:33:31 »

clacks >> fancy monitors

Hey if I could salary sacrifice Clacks I would!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9167 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:33:39 »

clacks >> fancy monitors

Are you talking about price? :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #9168 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:35:06 »

clacks >> fancy monitors

those monitors will get cheaper.  the clacks will not. :(

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9169 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:35:59 »

clacks >> fancy monitors

They do say that the Clack futures market is pretty hot these days.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9170 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:37:33 »

clacks >> fancy monitors

Many monitors are much cheaper than some Clacks.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #9171 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:37:56 »

clacks >> fancy monitors

Yeah, but unfortunately some of us (including you guys) just love to have Clacks and don't want to make money off of them.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9172 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:38:47 »

clacks >> fancy monitors

Yeah, but unfortunately some of us (including you guys) just love to have Clacks and don't want to make money off of them.

Or to part with them in the first place :eek:

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9173 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:39:49 »

clacks >> fancy monitors

Its killer. I got offered $400 for one of my Checkkeys, that would have easily paid for a Guac or any other Clack I wanted but I just couldn't pull the trigger. Wound up giving it away when I couldn't trade it.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #9174 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:40:45 »

clacks >> fancy monitors

Its killer. I got offered $400 for one of my Checkkeys, that would have easily paid for a Guac or any other Clack I wanted but I just couldn't pull the trigger. Wound up giving it away when I couldn't trade it.
That's a special kind of crazy right there.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9175 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:40:49 »

clacks >> fancy monitors

Very community spirit :D

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9176 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:41:14 »

Yup. Worth.

Well, Hoff has an ultrawide. And one of my monitors is permaspy while I game or do homework. So I'm sure there are more like me.

I have an ultrawide and a second monitor on top of a speaker.

The ultrawide is about 3/4 occupied with my actual Chrome browser I use regularly, 1/4 on the left is Firefox with HoffmanClackster logged in to GH for the sales.  The second monitor has my music player in the background and Spy in the front.   :thumb:

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #9177 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:42:50 »

Yup. Worth.

The ultrawide is about 3/4 occupied with my actual Chrome browser I use regularly, 1/4 on the left is Firefox with HoffmanClackster logged in to GH for the sales.  The second monitor has my music player in the background and Spy in the front.   :thumb:

Show Image

Right. Forgot you had a second one.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #9178 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:43:36 »
hoff:  gets wider monitor -> makes single browser window wider.   :))

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9179 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:52:41 »

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide.  So 3/4 it is!  :D  This lets me squeeze all sorts of things in the left 1/4 (currently Clack sales, but sometimes movies or spreadsheets).  I can honestly say that the ultra-wide monitor is the single greatest impulse buy I have ever made in my life.  I love this thing.  :D

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #9180 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:59:21 »
Oh geez... I was lucky enough to join one on tapatalk bc i was out, but looks like I missed out on the $75 one :(

Also, hoff, stop cheating.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #9181 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:00:28 »

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide.  So 3/4 it is!  :D  This lets me squeeze all sorts of things in the left 1/4 (currently Clack sales, but sometimes movies or spreadsheets).  I can honestly say that the ultra-wide monitor is the single greatest impulse buy I have ever made in my life.  I love this thing.  :D

haha it looks awesome, and very tempting.  off to the monitor therapy thread i go...

ps. that super bright white GH theme!  :confused:

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #9182 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:01:44 »

Yup. Worth.

Show Image

I love how you have some of your artisans arranged as desk ornaments Hoff! I might have to steal that idea...
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9183 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:01:48 »

Sigworthy.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9184 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:04:43 »

Yup. Worth.

Show Image

I love how you have some of your artisans arranged as desk ornaments Hoff! I might have to steal that idea...

Haha, some might call it cluttered, but I like 'em there.  :D  I get to look at them all the time now.  And of course there's the pile of other artisans to the right in the photo, but that's more recent - those used to be more organized.  :P

Also, hoff, stop cheating.

:-[

haha it looks awesome, and very tempting.  off to the monitor therapy thread i go...

Yay more therapy!! :P

And lol this is the best theme.  <3

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #9185 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:07:46 »

Yay more therapy!! :P

And lol this is the best theme.  <3

+1 It is the best theme.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9186 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:09:49 »
I'm pretty messy but I can't stand clutter around my PC, my work desk is pretty much always spotless. Then again I think that's more to do with sharing a desk, don't want my clutter spilling over onto my desk mates side.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #9187 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:16:57 »

So I've determined by skimming all 30 pages that RNGesus hates first replies. First reply = guaranteed lose. We haven't had a first reply win since we stopped doing first replies win.  :))
I noticed that too. And I was about to say the same holds true for 2nd replies and then I won today.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9188 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:17:42 »

So I've determined by skimming all 30 pages that RNGesus hates first replies. First reply = guaranteed lose. We haven't had a first reply win since we stopped doing first replies win.  :))
I noticed that too. And I was about to say the same holds true for 2nd replies and then I won today.

Another win for people on the wrong side of the earth, giving me hope man. Just need to be awake for the sales!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9189 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:18:27 »
Here we go again! Good luck all :P

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9190 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:18:28 »
MOTHER F'ER

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #9191 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:19:44 »
just when I was about to call it a night...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9192 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:20:23 »
1/29 chance

Let's do this RNGesus

I'm praying for you

Or am I praying for myself   :confused:

Just PICK ME, OKAY?!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #9193 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:20:37 »

Sigworthy.

My sig has too much sexiness already or I'd add it.

Offline Moralless

« Reply #9194 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:20:45 »
So what notification sound do you guys set your tapatalk to? I've changed mine to Circles so I get a nice little song when the Clackvent goes live  :))

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Clack Therapy
« Reply #9195 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:20:52 »
Oh my gosh again??
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:33:39 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #9196 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:22:12 »
1/29 chance

Let's do this RNGesus

I'm praying for you

Or am I praying for myself   :confused:

Just PICK ME, OKAY?!
#doitforhoff

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #9197 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:23:01 »
**** YOU DEMIK!!! I was replying to your post and missed my chance at getting a clack!! :'(

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9198 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:23:02 »
Gosh not me T_T I don't think I will ever win and will have to do trades to obtain my clacks.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9199 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:23:57 »
PM's that aren't from Clack should be disabled during these tense times :(