Author Topic: DSR a Filco?  (Read 94653 times)

Offline skuko

DSR a Filco?
« on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 01:44:54 »
hey guys,

so last thursday, i received my new beige TKL filco with blues. i was really sad to find out on friday, that the N key does not click. spoke to a rep at keyboardco and was told to give it a week or so, it may be that the switch stem is stuck to the white internal part.

i gave it a really good workout over the weekend (bound a skill in diablo 3 to that button :p ), but the key won't budge.

according to EU distance selling rules, i should be able to return this within 7 working days from delivery date and get a refund. now - i don't really want my money back, i just want a working piece :)

do you guys think i should do a DSR return, or just an RMA? if i return it and reorder the same one, can you guys open it and make sure all keys click in order to avoid this whole hassle?

thanks

michal

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Re: DSR a Filco?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 03:06:08 »
Same exact thing just happened to me except it's my M and F7 keys that are not clicking. Have you heard anything from keyboardco about the best way to handle this?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline skuko

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 10:43:40 »
yeah i have mailed them about it and i'm going to RMA the board so they can repair it, even though i'm not quite the fan of having to pay at least 20 euro for shipping back to the UK.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 02:43:54 »
Hey did you ever get your Filco back yet? My M and F7 keys never started clicking so I will be sending mine back in the next week or two.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 00:03:57 »
yeah i have mailed them about it and i'm going to RMA the board so they can repair it, even though i'm not quite the fan of having to pay at least 20 euro for shipping back to the UK.

I should be getting my Beige MJ2 back today. They not only replaced the 3 switches that were not clicking for me they also replaced 4 other weak sounding switches.
I thought that was very cool of them  :cool:
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline wsjudd

• The Keyboard Company Blog
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 10:00:25 »
Glad to hear it :)
Blogs & Social Media
The Keyboard Company

Offline skuko

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 02:33:41 »
holy crap, i completely forgot this thread :)

yeah my filco was repaired to my satisfaction and is clicking like there's no tomorrow now. the only thing that buggs me is that i had to pay like 20 euro more for the shipping of the RMA to the UK, even though the product was faulty. is there anything that can be done on this account from keyboardco? i'm going to be ordering another filco - a rebate perhaps?

Offline wsjudd

• The Keyboard Company Blog
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 02:40:58 »
Explain the situation to sales@keyboardco.com when you're asking for a quote maybe?
Blogs & Social Media
The Keyboard Company

Offline skuko

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 03:13:40 »
will do, thanks

Offline skuko

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 13 February 2014, 03:03:53 »
best company ever! my RMA shipping costs were fully deducted from my next order..say hello to Helen for me! :thumb:

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 13 February 2014, 03:05:16 »
best company ever! my RMA shipping costs were fully deducted from my next order..say hello to Helen for me! :thumb:

Very cool. I hope they will do something like that for me. I had to pay more that what you did to send mine back for repair.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More