Author Topic: Thank You, Geekhack || [GB] GMK Electric Bluegaloo Mod Set, Escape Pack  (Read 466583 times)

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
Re: [GB] GMK Electric Bluegaloo Mod Set, Escape Pack- EXTRA KEYS FOR SALE
« Reply #1750 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 12:52:53 »
sad to hear about the scratched caps

off topic but on topic, what's the status of kappakapps kapps, I got one set here as a guarantee, just wondering what will happen to the kappakapps ones, back in the day, I assumed a dire scenario was likely

It's on sale on their website if you're wondering:

https://www.kappakapps.com/product_TKLmod.html

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1751 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 16:12:36 »
Some of my caps came scratched, bought second hand though.  Did you have an ANSI enter?
Yea I think I still have a couple. Send me a pm and we can figure it out.

off topic but on topic, what's the status of kappakapps kapps, I got one set here as a guarantee, just wondering what will happen to the kappakapps ones, back in the day, I assumed a dire scenario was likely
I am not sure what you are asking.

I mean, "did anyone receive their caps from Kappa"
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1752 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 16:19:31 »
Some of my caps came scratched, bought second hand though.  Did you have an ANSI enter?
Yea I think I still have a couple. Send me a pm and we can figure it out.

I am not sure what you are asking.

I mean, "did anyone receive their caps from Kappa"

Haven't they all been shipped? Or did you place an order recently?

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1753 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 17:06:33 »

Nope, it was fairly old, my approach was fire and forget for all GB's lately, I hoped it would arrive sooner or later on it's own, I guess I should query Kappa Kapps at this point then

Edit: Issue solved, + Thanks for the extras :) [25/04/16]
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 April 2016, 07:05:46 by KHAANNN »
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #1754 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 08:28:49 »
the long journey has finished finally.
how about charming sky blue?

133700-0
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1755 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 03:09:27 »

(Attachment Link)

Lovely texture too :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
    • KappaKapps - Artisan Kapps
« Reply #1756 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 16:03:32 »

Nope, it was fairly old, my approach was fire and forget for all GB's lately, I hoped it would arrive sooner or later on it's own, I guess I should query Kappa Kapps at this point then
We shipped off all keycaps that have been ordered from us.

EDIT: Upon review: please check your email.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 April 2016, 21:52:24 by KappaKapps »

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #1757 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 04:51:12 »
Just placed an order for the set from KappaKapps. Also have a triumph addler set coming in. Pretty dang excited. Now to find a matching artisan..
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 April 2016, 15:25:33 by AgentZen »
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #1758 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 15:11:44 »
Just placed an order for the set from KappaKapps. Also have a triuph addler set coming in. Pretty dang excited. Now to find a matching artisan..
We'll include one of our artisans that should match nicely, it's on us!  :thumb:

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #1759 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 15:24:50 »
Just placed an order for the set from KappaKapps. Also have a triuph addler set coming in. Pretty dang excited. Now to find a matching artisan..
We'll include one of our artisans that should match nicely, it's on us!  :thumb:
Woah! You made my weekend. Thank you. I will find a way to pay it forward.
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #1760 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 15:59:29 »
I'm placed too  :D

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #1761 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 17:21:03 »
We'll hook you up with something too  :thumb:

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #1762 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 23:30:53 »
We'll hook you up with something too  :thumb:
Can’t get it out of my head :thumb:

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #1763 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 19:40:24 »
All those who ordered sets this weekend had their keycaps shipped today:

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #1764 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 01:21:12 »
Got it today, already installed. You guys rock, thank you for the Artisan! I read your an interview you guys did with /r/mechmarket (I think) and love your ideas and what you stand for. Kappakapps rocks.

Offline sambarugh

• Megalixir
« Reply #1765 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 09:56:07 »
If anyone has any Escape sets left over, please let me know!!!

Offline blawb

« Reply #1766 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 13:49:02 »
Has everyone else received their caps from billnye already? I haven't gotten mine yet but it looks like I should have.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 May 2016, 22:33:38 by blawb »
i hate wet socks

Offline zutroy

« Reply #1767 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 16:10:04 »
I'm also on the lookout for a white on blue Esc key if anyone has extras they're willing to part with.

Offline anderssb

« Reply #1768 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 06:15:53 »
Received my keycaps today! The Norwegian postal service finally managed to deliver my packet on the 2nd attempt, rather than returning it to USA. Thanks to billnye for helping me sorting this out ;)

138861-0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1769 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 23:42:54 »
Received my keycaps today! The Norwegian postal service finally managed to deliver my packet on the 2nd attempt, rather than returning it to USA. Thanks to billnye for helping me sorting this out ;)

(Attachment Link)

And well worth the wait they are! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Turbodruk

• Down with the sickness
« Reply #1770 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 20:00:20 »
I've purchased a set on 4th of June, when should I start camping at the door? :p

Cherry G80-11900 Filco Minila White Ducky Mini YOTH    Filco Tenkeypad BT
Gateron Green       MX-Blue              MX-Blue             MX-Brown

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #1771 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 22:06:47 »
The Esc Pack extras on web doesn't including the white on blue one?

Offline gloomyeve

« Reply #1772 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 22:12:00 »

(Attachment Link)
that was beautiful. Mine still not arrive yet  :(

Offline Turbodruk

• Down with the sickness
« Reply #1773 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 19:17:50 »
Got mine finally, was held up in customs, had to show the Paypal invoice etc.

Here's in all it's glory! :)

Cherry G80-11900 Filco Minila White Ducky Mini YOTH    Filco Tenkeypad BT
Gateron Green       MX-Blue              MX-Blue             MX-Brown

Offline nateth

« Reply #1774 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 19:39:56 »
Are any of these still for sale? Kappakapps says its out of stock when I tried to check my cart out.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1775 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 19:58:15 »
Got mine finally, was held up in customs, had to show the Paypal invoice etc.

Here's in all it's glory! :)

Wow, that's one interesting line up, by the way, you can use the 2u 0 numpad keycaps as a shift (not from this set, but maybe if you happen to find one from other sets), If I'm not mistaken

Are any of these still for sale? Kappakapps says its out of stock when I tried to check my cart out.

I bet you can find a set from the classifieds, since there were so many

Offline nateth

« Reply #1776 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 20:00:51 »
Thanks for the tip. But alas, I am still too young to start a thread in the classifieds. I think I'll be able to post in a week or so. I need to look at the requirements. I'll go lurk for now.

Offline nateth

« Reply #1777 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 16:37:38 »
I found someone who sold me a set. Thanks!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1778 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 13:23:19 »
I found someone who sold me a set. Thanks!

Nice get! This set has the best GMK blue.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1779 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 00:11:09 »
I got a set for sale. Pm if you would like to buy it.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1780 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 10:30:00 »
Hey guys,

I haven't really been active in the keyboard community for quite some time but after learning about the uncertain future of geekhack I took some time to reflect on my time here and wanted to say a few things and thought this would be an appropriate place to do so.

When I first got into keyboards I was so excited about new keysets and GMK. I would spend hours looking through threads and pictures people would post on here reddit and deskthority. I really hoped that one day I could design a set myself and that people would trust me enough to run a group buy. After helping dubs with the CMYW stuff, I thought that I had built enough of a reputation to undertake a project like this. Little high school me had no idea what all I would be getting into and had basically no knowledge of international money transfers, shipping logistics and the sheer work that sorting thousands of key caps would be. It was a big project but I learned so much from it and really enjoyed the process of taking something from just an idea to a physical product that I shipped to you guys all around the world. I saved every single picture that people posted when they received their sets and it was the most surreal feeling ever!

So thank you for the trust you guys put in me, an immature 16 year old kid. Thank you to all of the people who gave me advice and helped me through all of the blunders I made in administering this buy. It means more to me than you guys can know. The friends I made on this forum were really there for me in high school when I was struggling to find my place and identity. This community meant the world to me and I am so grateful for all of the people and connections I made through this platform. This is a really special community and what we have all built here should be cherished.

I hope this message finds all of you well and I am hopeful for the future of the keyboard community.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1781 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 10:42:31 »
Hey guys,

I haven't really been active in the keyboard community for quite some time but after learning about the uncertain future of geekhack I took some time to reflect on my time here and wanted to say a few things and thought this would be an appropriate place to do so.

When I first got into keyboards I was so excited about new keysets and GMK. I would spend hours looking through threads and pictures people would post on here reddit and deskthority. I really hoped that one day I could design a set myself and that people would trust me enough to run a group buy. After helping dubs with the CMYW stuff, I thought that I had built enough of a reputation to undertake a project like this. Little high school me had no idea what all I would be getting into and had basically no knowledge of international money transfers, shipping logistics and the sheer work that sorting thousands of key caps would be. It was a big project but I learned so much from it and really enjoyed the process of taking something from just an idea to a physical product that I shipped to you guys all around the world. I saved every single picture that people posted when they received their sets and it was the most surreal feeling ever!

So thank you for the trust you guys put in me, an immature 16 year old kid. Thank you to all of the people who gave me advice and helped me through all of the blunders I made in administering this buy. It means more to me than you guys can know. The friends I made on this forum were really there for me in high school when I was struggling to find my place and identity. This community meant the world to me and I am so grateful for all of the people and connections I made through this platform. This is a really special community and what we have all built here should be cherished.

I hope this message finds all of you well and I am hopeful for the future of the keyboard community.

The sentiment is mutual. I have the bluegaloo set as a treasure. I remember the pictures you shared of your close ones helping packing things at your end. Thank you for being an important part of this community.

GH seems to undergoing quite a change. It may not be anything closer to what we know and learnt to appreciate. Anyways, we made friends, enjoy our interest for KB and get some examples for our use. All what have been very good. In any case, I am pretty sure some of us may migrate to some other forums that keep the original free-of-money spirit of GH.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #1782 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:35:54 »
snip
i do believe i told you in a pm you were very mature for a high school student. hwood disagreed :P

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1783 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 13:17:57 »

The sentiment is mutual. I have the bluegaloo set as a treasure. I remember the pictures you shared of your close ones helping packing things at your end. Thank you for being an important part of this community.

GH seems to undergoing quite a change. It may not be anything closer to what we know and learnt to appreciate. Anyways, we made friends, enjoy our interest for KB and get some examples for our use. All what have been very good. In any case, I am pretty sure some of us may migrate to some other forums that keep the original free-of-money spirit of GH.

Thank you, ideus. Your positive comments were always appreciated especially when I was getting weary sorting through thousands of keycaps :)).

snip
i do believe i told you in a pm you were very mature for a high school student. hwood disagreed :P

Haha old hardwood always giving me a hard time. Although I will admit that there were a couple of people in this group buy who really irked me and I treated them very unfairly by ignoring their messages and delaying their shipments. If those guys are still around I apologize for that.

Offline KHAANNN

Re: Thank You, Geekhack || [GB] GMK Electric Bluegaloo Mod Set, Escape Pack
« Reply #1784 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 13:27:10 »
+++

I have 3 Bluegaloo sets myself, cherish them

Your 1.75 Stepped Ctrl has a special place in my heart, even though I didn't use it yet

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1785 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 09:40:30 »
Hey guys,

nice to hear from you

hope you're doing well

keyboard kid squad is long quiet but fun times were had
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1786 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 15:00:34 »
---

Hey bud good to hear from you.  We always knew you were a good guy and mature beyond your years.  I hope college has treated you well.  I don't post here often these days but I'm still enjoying my BillNye Bluegaloo's
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1787 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 13:23:46 »

<3

As others have said, you were always far more mature than your age would suggest.  You've earned my respect and trust many times over, and I suspect you'll do well in whatever ventures you pursue after keyboards.  Best of luck as you finish up college, and maybe we'll see you around here again at some point.  ;)  We'll keep in touch via other methods for sure.  :)  Thanks so much for your hard work with this buy and everything else you were involved in.  :-*

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1788 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 05:12:07 »

<3

As others have said, you were always far more mature than your age would suggest.  You've earned my respect and trust many times over, and I suspect you'll do well in whatever ventures you pursue after keyboards.  Best of luck as you finish up college, and maybe we'll see you around here again at some point.  ;)  We'll keep in touch via other methods for sure.  :)  Thanks so much for your hard work with this buy and everything else you were involved in.  :-*

I think this sums up everything I'd want to say about this GB, and your demeanour on the forum in general :)

It was a pleasure to participate in this GB, and my Bluegaloo set is still sitting around somewhere, waiting for the next time I swap keycaps to sit again on one of my keyboards.