Author Topic: [ebay] RF87U Stormtrooper Edition All 45g Silencing Rings  (Read 3522 times)

Offline Hypersphere

[ebay] RF87U Stormtrooper Edition All 45g Silencing Rings
« on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 09:41:18 »
For auction on eBay: RF87UW user refurbished with all 45g domes, Hypersphere's Silencing Rings, lubed stabilizers, and foam pads under the spacebar. White body with black on dark grey Topre dye-sub PBT keycaps.

EDIT: Some GH members kindly pointed out that the product description was misleading. My wife handles the eBay sales -- I have told her about the misleading and incorrect aspects of the listing. It might not be possible to change the listing now that it has a bid, but she will add an explanatory note to correct the errors. Thanks for pointing out the errors!

« Last Edit: Tue, 29 September 2015, 11:10:00 by Hypersphere »

Offline btctopre

Re: [ebay] RF87U Stormtrooper Edition All 45g Silencing Rings
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 10:16:12 »
For sale is a customized Topre RealForce RF87U Stormtrooper Edition Keyboard.  The Stormtrooper Edition of the FR87U keyboard is no longer available as a new product.  This is a collector's item, but fully functional for use with modern computers. 

reproted for misleading product description~

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 10:37:40 »
For sale is a customized Topre RealForce RF87U Stormtrooper Edition Keyboard.  The Stormtrooper Edition of the FR87U keyboard is no longer available as a new product.  This is a collector's item, but fully functional for use with modern computers. 

reproted for misleading product description~
Hi,

I certainly do not want to have anything misleading about the product description. Would you please tell me what is wrong so that I can fix it? Thank you.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 10:44:09 »
There was a Stormtrooper Edition? Or you just put black caps on a white board? :p

It is like you are saying Realforce released a board with Disney's permission.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 11:02:08 »
You guys are right! My bad! I failed to check for an official title for this board. I bought it used, and the previous owner had called it "Stormtrooper". I've also seen the RF87UW with black on dark grey caps referred to as "Stormtrooper" elsewhere on the internet. But I checked the box that it came in, and sure enough, it does not say "Stormtrooper" on the box. It is a Realforce RF87UB55 that has had black on dark gray caps put on it. I also did a dome swap, replacing the 55g domes with 45g domes, and I installed silencing rings, lubed the stabilizers, and put foam pads under the spacebar.

My wife handles the eBay sales. She is checking to see if it is possible to change the product description. If not, I think she can add a note to the listing to correct the things that are incorrect in the description.

Thanks for pointing out these errors! The last thing I want is to have a misleading and/or incorrect listing. My apologies!

Offline btctopre

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 11:10:41 »
You guys are right! My bad! I failed to check for an official title for this board. I bought it used, and the previous owner had called it "Stormtrooper". I've also seen the RF87UW with black on dark grey caps referred to as "Stormtrooper" elsewhere on the internet. But I checked the box that it came in, and sure enough, it does not say "Stormtrooper" on the box. It is a Realforce RF87UB55 that has had black on dark gray caps put on it. I also did a dome swap, replacing the 55g domes with 45g domes, and I installed silencing rings, lubed the stabilizers, and put foam pads under the spacebar.

My wife handles the eBay sales. She is checking to see if it is possible to change the product description. If not, I think she can add a note to the listing to correct the things that are incorrect in the description.

Thanks for pointing out these errors! The last thing I want is to have a misleading and/or incorrect listing. My apologies!
Yar, it's all good  :thumb:. The value is definitely there given all of the work you put into it (and ofc the rings), you just open yourself up to having it returned on you because of those few sentences if someone were truly expecting an out-of-production Topre Stormtrooper Edition keyboard.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 11:20:25 »
btctopre: I want to make this right, so my wife is working on it now. If she is not allowed to change the product description, she will try to add a note with the corrections. If someone buys the keyboard on this round, we will be sure to tell the buyer explicitly that it is NOT an out-of-production Topre "Stormtrooper Edition" keyboard!

I am normally super fastidious about being correct about things. I have learned a lesson here to double-check my facts before committing things to print. I had been laboring under the misconception of the lineage of this board based on informal descriptions from the previous owner and apparent nicknames out on the internet for a white RF87U with black on dark gray keycaps.

I am very grateful to you for pointing out my errors, and I am glad to have caught this before someone purchased the keyboard.

Thanks again.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 13:36:22 »
I saw the update. Hopefully that lone bidder is a fellow keyboard enthusiast or geekhacker.

To each their own, but if this remained 55g...would be all over this.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 13:44:25 »
I saw the update. Hopefully that lone bidder is a fellow keyboard enthusiast or geekhacker.

To each their own, but if this remained 55g...would be all over this.
Yes, I originally got this board to use as a donor for 55g domes. I think I am correct in saying that the only all-45 RF87U board is the "EK Edition" which has the dark case and dark keycaps. Although I tend to favor 55g domes, I like to switch to 45g from time to time, and I think that some people might prefer having an all-45g RF87U.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:41:28 »
Unless eBay changed something, I don't believe it's possible to edit a listing once it has a bid on it. You can add information to the bottom, but unfortunately a lot of people don't read the entire description.

With the climate the way it is on eBay, you have to be extremely careful in how you create listings. The general rule of thumb is to take photos of the item as if there were no written description and write a description as if there were no photos. The added trick is that you should do it in as few words as possible, written so that an 8th grader can understand it.

The one thing you have going for you is that your keyboard is a highly specialized item, so most anyone who wants to buy it is, hopefully, going to know what they're looking for. That still won't stop even the most dedicated scammer from getting their hands on your product, then conning their way to a refund while still holding on to it.

Good luck.