Author Topic: Let's discuss future CE packages (Q&A)  (Read 26406 times)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Let's discuss future CE packages (Q&A)
« on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 18:51:40 »
Hey guys -

I would like to hear your feedback on the current CE offering, and how we could add more value or more likable addons to future offerings.

I will do my best to go through every question as best I can. Please keep strictly to the topic for this particular Q&A.

I won't be answering in real-time, so please have patience until I can get to your questions :)

***UPDATE***

Possible Future CE combinations

CE Pack #1:

Keycap
Mouse Pad
Themed Keycap Puller
Themed keychain switch

CE Pack #2:

Keycap
Themed Wrist Rest
Themed Keyboard Sleeve
Sticker

CE Pack #3:

Keycap
Mini-Comic Book
Pin / Badge
3" Figure
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 April 2016, 01:51:53 by Bro Caps »

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
Let's discuss future CE packages (Q&A)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 18:53:29 »
What kind of special packaging are you planning? It would help us get an idea of the value we would get aside from the items listed. (A photo of the whole package with the rest of the images would be a good thing to add. In fact a picture of all of the items next to each other would be a good idea. Think this: .)
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2016, 18:58:55 by Bambino »

Offline WolfTickets

Re: Let's discuss future CE packages (Q&A)
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 18:55:30 »
I know you guys don't like to state how many of each cap was made, but to truly have a "Collector's Edition", 1 of X should be molded into the cap or with accompanying paperwork. 

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 18:56:40 »
I love the offerings except for the shirt. While I do like the design as an artwork it's just not something I'm going to wear and therefore don't want to buy. The poster and sticker are great additions though!
I do think one of the offerings in a bundle should enhance or be useable with the keycap like maybe an one key keyboard that has similar colors to the cap it comes with and maybe that can be what was the Bro I.D. on it so they stay together? Or a keyswitch keychain? Obviously I have no idea if from a financial standpoint if these would be possible. Just think it might be a good replacement for a shirt.

Thanks for the Q & A Bro :) Good luck!!!
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 18:56:47 »
Do you still think the original idea is better?

And do you think if there was more information (about different packaging and quality of the other items), would people change their minds and think the price is fair? Or still want a cap only option?

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 18:57:20 »
Will the cap itself come in a special packaging or will all of the CE come in a pack? Also since they are essentially limited will you number them off like this cap is 1/50? Also i feel like adding a keychain switch tester would be nice. Price wise i think it should be pricey since it is a collectors edition
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:25:12 by Hexterdude »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:00:42 »
Sticker, poster, custom sleeve (switchnollie?), custom packaging, pins (like Punks Mummy Pin)

I like the t-shirt idea too but I feel everything listed above would fit a wider audience.

I'm all for the CE packages. I'm really hoping I can get in on this one and will definitely be entering into future ones.

The price of the package is definitely worth it at $125 for what you're getting IMO but everyone is different.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:05:14 »
I think the package was fine. I can maybe see where people are coming from with the price, I think $100 is much more reasonable if you break it down, but I really like the fact that you get more than just a cap. While I'm not a fan of the gamer sets, I like being able to get something else with an artisan.

The t shirt is awesome I think. The artwork is freaking sweet, and I wear my GH hoodie all the time, so I would wear the **** out of that t shirt.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:10:32 »
I know you guys don't like to state how many of each cap was made, but to truly have a "Collector's Edition", 1 of X should be molded into the cap or with accompanying paperwork.

highly agree with this

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:11:03 »
couple of ideas, ignoring actual feasibility entirely:
- exclusive JTK set with colour scheme matching CE cap (I loved the stormtrooper + TR8-0R combo, everybody loves keysets)
- exclusive switch tester (ie those CTRLALT aluminium ones) in the theme of the CE cap
- numbering to shove exclusivity (eg flux keypacitor)
- matching gamer set

I felt that the shirt and poster weren't super popular because they just weren't keyboard related items. we're all keyboard people here, but we may not all be printed tshirt people or poster people.

Offline SunPanda

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:12:45 »
I think that offering other things as well as caps is a great idea but in all of your future CE packages, you should put a cap only option in case some people aren't interested in some of the items.

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:14:57 »
Personally, I understood the general concept so I didn't think the pricing was off. This is similar to the style of packaging that the EVGA or the defunct BFG example has offered with their GPUs, and there is an undeniable overlap between gamers, the mech kb community, and the "subset" as it were that is the artisan community.

That being said, they are things that I wouldn't personally use, and I'm not all that interested in items that will sit around collecting dust - which is completely okay, it means I'm not the target for this particular release.

I did like the idea beehatch had of something like a comic - I think that ties in with the story you're looking to convey without potentially requiring TOO much writing, and you've got the artistic chops no doubt. Problem is that is significantly more work and money and may meet even more resistance, but if it's a once in a year type thing to advance the story, perhaps it'd be worth it?

I also understand the reluctance to not state numbers, but 1 of x even if just on a Tru-Bro ID card would go a long way too. Far too complicated to have that on each individual keycap, I'd imagine.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:15:25 »
I think putting an X/Y number on the bottom of the cap it just adds to the "elitism" aura surrounding artisans. I know it's not something created on purpose by the makers, but it's what people who are anti-artisan feel about them, and putting a "I have one of only five in existence" number on the bottom just gives keycap flippers another reason to add money to the price when they come to sell them on.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:17:07 »
What kind of special packaging are you planning? It would help us get an idea of the value we would get aside from the items listed. (A photo of the whole package with the rest of the images would be a good thing to add. In fact a picture of all of the items next to each other would be a good idea. Think this:
Show Image
.)

I like that stuff to be a surprise for the most part. Also, the t-shirts are made once the orders are done, so I wouldn't be able to offer a full package shot.

However, in future offerings, I might just do a CGI mockup, perhaps.

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:17:30 »
katushkin - I think it's important to realize this is already geared as a collector's edition release rather than just a regular bro caps sale, so expectations are a little different to begin with. For these particular ones, it may not be so bad an idea.

I definitely wouldn't want to see numbers for sales in general.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:19:11 »

This makes sense for a lot of things, however, as the post above regarding Diablo III collector's edition packages, it doesn't need to have numbering for it to be a CE.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:19:36 »
I think making the unboxing experience/box itself of the cap should come first when making a collectors edition (see Apples boxes or collector editions of some games). Having a top notch box will increase value more (for me) than a tshirt that I'd never wear in public, a poster and a sticker (I like the sticker idea though). If I were to do this, it'd be along the lines of:
  • Box
    • The story on some paper
    • Different compartments for everything that comes with it
  • Cap
  • Pin
  • Sticker
  • Coin

I also think being realistic is good; it's a keycap, not a movie release. I'd expect t-shirt etc with a Star Wars EP7 collectors edition, not a keycap. I don't mean to be offense in any way, but this is what I think.

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:22:18 »
First off I love the writing aspect and the story behind the cap. Definitely gives the cap more depth and personality!

But on to the extras,

Personally I’m not a fan of shirts as an extra. They generally don’t match with my overall style and end up being unused and forgotten about. And in this case with the futuristic fighting for peace theme, I feel like a t-shirt is out of place. As for the stickers and poster, I really like those as items but I feel like they’re pretty “normal” things for a collector’s edition.

Perhaps something like an iron on Reaper squadron patch or perhaps a resin casted replica of the weapon that the reapers use instead of the shirt would’ve been better. Things I can display are always nice extras. Also matching gamer sets, matching brofist caps (I need those brofist caps to be released! :p),  I feel like there's a lot of possibilities past "shirt, poster, sticker"

Packaging is also a pretty big thing for me in collector’s editions. Even something like the cloth clack bags that had the designs on them would be nice :thumb:

As for pricing I had no problem with the $125, it might be pricey but hell it’s a collector’s edition it should be extravagant! I’d have no problem paying that price or more if the extras weren’t so “normal”

Overall I love that you're trying different things and can't wait to see what else you have in store.
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:23:42 »
I love the offerings except for the shirt. While I do like the design as an artwork it's just not something I'm going to wear and therefore don't want to buy. The poster and sticker are great additions though!
I do think one of the offerings in a bundle should enhance or be useable with the keycap like maybe an one key keyboard that has similar colors to the cap it comes with and maybe that can be what was the Bro I.D. on it so they stay together? Or a keyswitch keychain? Obviously I have no idea if from a financial standpoint if these would be possible. Just think it might be a good replacement for a shirt.

Yea, we are trying to find the best balance of things that are the most appealing to a large audience. A keychain would be nice, also.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:25:40 »
Do you still think the original idea is better?

And do you think if there was more information (about different packaging and quality of the other items), would people change their minds and think the price is fair? Or still want a cap only option?

Since this is our first offering of such a package, we have to allow for some trial and error, as well as the customer. We always listen to constructive feedback, so with the feedback we have received currently,
we made the call to adjust pricing and offerings outside of the CE.

Offline WolfTickets

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:25:47 »
katushkin - I think it's important to realize this is already geared as a collector's edition release rather than just a regular bro caps sale, so expectations are a little different to begin with. For these particular ones, it may not be so bad an idea.

Exactly.  When all the other stuff (poster, sticker, shirt, packaging) gets lost, faded, torn, etc., what on the actual cap makes this a CE other than just a different colorway? 

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:28:07 »
I think making the unboxing experience/box itself of the cap should come first when making a collectors edition (see Apples boxes or collector editions of some games). Having a top notch box will increase value more (for me) than a tshirt that I'd never wear in public, a poster and a sticker (I like the sticker idea though). If I were to do this, it'd be along the lines of:
  • Box
    • The story on some paper
    • Different compartments for everything that comes with it
  • Cap
  • Pin
  • Sticker
  • Coin
I also think being realistic is good; it's a keycap, not a movie release. I'd expect t-shirt etc with a Star Wars EP7 collectors edition, not a keycap. I don't mean to be offense in any way, but this is what I think.

That makes sense. I think I will create a list in the OP as to possible future offerings, then do a final list and poll on what we should add.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:28:09 »

Yea, we are trying to find the best balance of things that are the most appealing to a large audience. A keychain would be nice, also.

Makes sense. And also if you sub the keychain out for a shirt and keep it at $100 price or maybe drop it down to $90 + shipping you don't have to worry about making the set made to order due to a shirt size :) which would allow you to do a full product shot of packaging and all the products. It would also probably make your life slightly easier as you don't have to worry about any delays with shirts.
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:30:12 »
First off I love the writing aspect and the story behind the cap. Definitely gives the cap more depth and personality!

But on to the extras,

Personally I’m not a fan of shirts as an extra. They generally don’t match with my overall style and end up being unused and forgotten about. And in this case with the futuristic fighting for peace theme, I feel like a t-shirt is out of place. As for the stickers and poster, I really like those as items but I feel like they’re pretty “normal” things for a collector’s edition.

Perhaps something like an iron on Reaper squadron patch or perhaps a resin casted replica of the weapon that the reapers use instead of the shirt would’ve been better. Things I can display are always nice extras. Also matching gamer sets, matching brofist caps (I need those brofist caps to be released! :p ),  I feel like there's a lot of possibilities past "shirt, poster, sticker"

Packaging is also a pretty big thing for me in collector’s editions. Even something like the cloth clack bags that had the designs on them would be nice :thumb:

As for pricing I had no problem with the $125, it might be pricey but hell it’s a collector’s edition it should be extravagant! I’d have no problem paying that price or more if the extras weren’t so “normal”

Overall I love that you're trying different things and can't wait to see what else you have in store.

I think I might have been a bit biased in my personal love for t-shirts and posters for this :)

It was a gamble in a sense that I wanted all of this to be a surprise for everyone, but if I had asked what people wanted up front, it would spoil the surprise.
But we are discussing it now, so hopefully future releases will be on-point to what the community wants.

Offline ghastone

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:30:27 »
One thing I think that could make this really enticing is a special keycap holder for this, sort of like a ring box, just for a single keycap, maybe clear so it can be displayed on a desk, but kept safe in the display(just a thought). Also, I like the story behind the keycap and think you should continue to write! :). One thing that could be cool is to have a little piece of the story left out before you purchase, but finish the story and write it on a little scroll that comes with the package.

Some other thoughts:
I like the idea of having a 1 of x keycap mentioned in an above comment.
I'm not a huge fan of getting a t-shirt, I love the design, I just don't see myself wearing it.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:30:50 »

Exactly.  When all the other stuff (poster, sticker, shirt, packaging) gets lost, faded, torn, etc., what on the actual cap makes this a CE other than just a different colorway?

The same way every other colourway is made special down to limited runs, because people remember. What makes the two metal V2s special other than the fact that they are metal when the certificate gets stolen? What makes the Freedom Eagle special? What makes a V1 Nightowl special? etc etc etc

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:34:44 »

Another suggestion was to personally sign the Tru-Bro ID cards, as well as number them in sequence.

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:35:24 »

This makes sense for a lot of things, however, as the post above regarding Diablo III collector's edition packages, it doesn't need to have numbering for it to be a CE.

I agree that having a limited edition run number (1/xxx) would make the cap a lot more desireable and special. I'm all for this

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:37:09 »
It seems like people were interested in getting specific items in the set, but everyone was interested in different things.  Some really wanted the cap, and others wanted the stickers or poster or shirt.  Would it be possible to just offer each item for purchase individually, but to preserve the collectible aspect of things, only make them available during a limited themed-sale time?  I have no clue about logistics for this kind of thing though.  I'm guessing this would complicate things like reaching MOQ to produce the lesser popular items without losing money on them.

Personally I avoid buying collector's edition packages (except for Blizzard's stuff since I need to have my matching boxes and exclusive digital mounts... damn you Blizz) since I don't have room for them, and I never end up using most of the stuff anyways. 
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:37:45 »
Some of the things I think would take it up a notch or two:
- Maybe more keyboard related stuff. I like the Shirt, Poster, and sticker, but i think extra keyboard related items would be cool too (sleeves, keycap pullers [if you could somehow incorporate special keycap pullers  :))], etc)
-This is where things may get a little weird, but I think keeping caps limited to the CE would be cool. Adds and extra level of exclusivity, and makes it more "collector-y" (Side note: Maybe you don't have to keep just the main keycap limited to the CE, but maybe others would be limited, like this current CE, a neon green/black themed gamer set or other caps to go along with it, and only available with the set, not entirely sure how this would fair with other's opinions, but I like limited extras and limited main, but that's jut my two cents)
-I think the ~125 price is fair. Obviously the price would change if you're adding sleeves, other keys, or who knows what, but I think that price is very fair.
-Display case. Either for just the cap, or somehow for everything. This would add a bit to the price, but I think it would be super cool
-I saw some others mention limited edition key testers. I think that would be neat too

Overall, I think changing it up every time would be the most important thing. Don't just have a shirt, poster, and sticker with every single one. Keeping them similar is nice (something smaller like a sticker would be great in every one though, I just think that repeating the same "main" add-ons would be as attractive as changing it up each time), but variety is also what sets them apart. Thinking about game releases that come with collectors editions like these, three that come to my mind are the ones for Far Cry 4, Fallout 4, and GTA V. They all had very different things in each collectors edition, but all also contained a few of the same things (they all came with posters, but the larger items differed greatly).

One question though, will we see more compatibility with these in future CE's? I think it would be nice to have an option of mx or Torpe stems for the CE.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:39:29 by alexjd99 »

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:37:52 »
Another suggestion was to personally sign the Tru-Bro ID cards, as well as number them in sequence.

Signing on the poster would be pretty nice too! It'd be a nice addition when it's framed up and displayed  :thumb:
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline jaffers

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:38:44 »
CE is nice. But I don't see myself spending that much money. Although there will always be people with money so I guess my opinion doesn't even matter

Offline Pdub

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:39:56 »
So I debated on posting this... My intention is not to offend anyone.

I have been here almost a year. I started off with nothing and moved up to having 8 boards and 20 something artisans.

I am all for change, life does often change.

If you want some feedback, I like the CEP, but its not for me. I respect what you are trying to do, and I hope it is very successful for you. I liked what you used to make not as a product, but as an idea. It felt like each cap was personal, and I liked that. It made me crave wanting one to match a board or key set. I am sad to see the old go. For example, I liked the email sales, the raffle sales. I mean I HATED not getting in on the Cosmos Sale, because I would have loved anything from it. I do like that you did the story background. I like to do writing as well, so it is nice to see someone else interested in that. Overall I understand you are getting a larger crowd. The email sales and sale threads are too hard to keep everything organized, I get it. I don't know what I want, but I hope you do what you do want. I also wish that others would be less critical (in a negative way) and demanding.

Note to others - If you like the cap, buy it. I sure do like the new reaper. If you don't like it, then just wait, I am sure more designs are on the way. Chill out and have a drink.
-Cheers.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:40:04 »
Every brocap I win is usually a collector's edition, and here to stay.  ;)

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:41:44 »
I'm all for custom sleeve, custom usb cable, stickers etc as a combined package, more related to keyboards stuff that are more likely to match the target audience's preference (especially since you want to deliver it as a surprise). I'm also not against (read, highly wishhhhh) of delivering a collaboration package with other cap makers. Imagine Reaper Squadron ft. Binge Ork in black and green theme @.@

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:45:22 »

One question though, will we see more compatibility with these in future CE's? I think it would be nice to have an option of mx or Torpe stems for the CE.

The only reason this particular keycap was not done in Topre, was because of the design of the key itself. It was too close for comfort, and sometimes caused sticking with Topre keyboards.

Future CE's will be with more compatible products.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:53:05 »

That'd be so cool!
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:00:51 »
Personally, I have never bought a Collectors Edition anything (because I did not consider myself to be a collector), until tomorrow (hopefully :D). I think this is really cool. I love the cap, the trans half is really really cool and I love how it looks, I was just worried that it was not going to get used as often as I thought it should. But I'm getting to the point that I should remove the entire number row from my FC660M and just having an not matching board for a little bit. Plus I intend to get more keycap sets in the future, so it is likely that this will match something. And for such a sick cap, such an amazing backstory, and such cool extras, I just had to sign up for it.

Some stuff that I would suggest for future CE packs. The Bro keycap puller would be really amazing. I would definitely like new stickers. Keycap sets seem really cool but that combined with the sale would turn out to be a very short window of decision for buying a keycap set, or something like the toxic set incident. Sleeves, USB Cables, keyswitch keychains that match, display stands, and other stuff that shouldn't be too expensive but are still keyboard related seems like the way to go. I'd still like posters and T-Shirts (although I prefer to wear lighter colors), especially with the sick art that is on the posters and T-Shirts.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:04:12 by dohbot »

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:11:53 »
I submitted a ticket when the CE launched. I though it was maybe a little pricey (mainly due to my currency conversion), but not too far off point. My main gripe is what someone else mentioned: the tshirt isn't really my style. I love the artwork, but I wouldn't wear it outside of chillin at home. I would much prefer something that could be displayed on my desk (home or at work) and I think there are already a lot of cool suggestions that have been thrown out there.

Bottom line. Really looking forward to how this style of offering plays out. Props for looking for feedback before the sale is even over, but remember to not try and please everyone!

Offline crayzieap

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:16:18 »
My all time favorite collector edition set ---  $100 CE that included the game, wizard book and plushie.  NEEDZ MOAR PLUSHIES!!

« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:18:43 by crayzieap »

Offline dohbot

« Reply #40 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:21:21 »
My all time favorite collector edition set ---  $100 CE that included the game, wizard book and plushie.  NEEDZ MOAR PLUSHIES!!

Show Image

Will pay big bux for plush Ribbit/Rustler.

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:22:42 »

Show Image

Will pay big bux for plush Ribbit/Rustler.
+1

Offline terminallytrill

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:26:28 »
I really like the idea of a patch someone had earlier. A badass reaper patch you could slap on a computer bag, a sleeve, a hat, or whatever. The design is so cool but like a lot of folks were saying I can't imagine myself wearing a shirt with a giant reaper on it.. Where a patch is more of an accent with some personal choice attached to it. Like a clothes sticker  :p

Offline Belfong

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:26:58 »
I am generally not interested in CE stuff because I just don't collect them and most CE stuff are bulky. So, please no figurines in future. T-shirts and posters - I don't know what to do with them. But I'd be interested if it is keyboard related collectibles - someone mentioned a sleeve. That will be nice. Or a matching keyboard cable. Or key chain switches. Those I can relate to this hobby of collecting artisans. Also, they are small enough to keep and ship (yeah, shipping cost is crazy these days - I can't imagine the cost of this Collector's Ed)

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:34:12 »
I'm on this site and reddit almost entirely for the keyboard stuff so my opinion on a collector's edition pack is different. I would love to see something like a matching artisan, keycap set, usb cable, keyboard sleeve, etc. The price is going to be way higher, but its all stuff that can be highlighted on a board and make it a whole unique collection.

An example would be the Reaper- N5 with a black/green keyset (http://bit.ly/2182ONz), usb cable (http://bit.ly/1LBA17v), and a reaper themed sleeve. I don't know how hard it would be to get a small round of keysets done by jtk but it would be awesome if it was offered.

edit: artisan collaborations would be pretty cool too. Topre themed reaper with matching Keykollectiv mods, switchnollies sleeves, and so on :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:36:25 by aznairjordan »
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline modernWULF

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:48:29 »
i enjoy having the background story which further adds depth and personifies these artisan items.

I tended to buy a lot of CE's, but I have realized more and more that a lot of the additional items tend to go completely unused (such as T-shirts) and when that initial magic of opening the packages wares off I question if it was the right decision.

I agree with the other posts suggesting to include other keyboard related items. Keycap pullers, sleeves, sleeved cabling, switch displays, would feel complimentary and not just additional.  :thumb:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:49:04 »
if I don't get a 1/4 vinyl figurine of the reaper dude i'm out
I love Elzy

Offline Permeability

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:53:53 »
Keyboard related things seems like the way to go. One thing I want to add that could be useful is a matching mouse pad
Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:55:45 »
if I don't get a 1/4 vinyl figurine of the reaper dude i'm out

THAT would be sweet.

Offline xxxkaliboyxxx

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:56:04 »
Maybe a action figure or a plush toy and a comic with the keycap. Something small that wouldn't take much space.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:12:50 by xxxkaliboyxxx »