Author Topic: VictSing macro software has me stumped  (Read 2931 times)

Offline Nonmouse

VictSing macro software has me stumped
« on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 16:23:19 »
So, I picked up a RhysPhio/VictSing/generic/Shenzen Qianhei Patuoxun Network&Technology 96 key mechanical keyboard off Amazon for essentially nothing ($9), and while I'm pleasantly surprised at the build quality, responsiveness (and sound) of the unnamed mfgr blue keys, I'm kinda stumped by the controller software.  It has functions to control the RGB lighting in various modes, which I think I've mostly figured out, but the macros are stumping me.  I can figure out how to name them, and how to record a sequence of keystrokes, but I cannot see how to bind them to a key or combination of keys (say, Fn+Q or whatever).

The software is just named PC259 (the model number, or at least part of it, of the PC259A keyboard), the "Properties" description is "GamingForce" and it's apparently by VictSing.  And, yes, I've looked on their website for instructions or a FAQ.  No luck. 

Anybody got an idea?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: VictSing macro software has me stumped
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 August 2022, 03:17:14 »
It must be there somewhere or there's no point being able to make a macro!

Screenshots of the other tabs might be useful (probably Customise), given how easy to use this tab is I fear it's so obvious you may be missing it :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Nonmouse

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 31 August 2022, 19:57:23 »
You'd think so, wouldn't you?  I actually had forgotten that I found--I  think--how to bind macros, under the (yes, you were right) "Customize" tab... but I can't figure out how to trigger them.  Fn + "Key", CTRL_, etc., etc. all do nothing.
291006-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 August 2022, 20:04:49 by Nonmouse »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 02 September 2022, 02:31:16 »
Still looks easy - click macro, choose the macro you made and it should work when you press FN+[key].  Is there an "update keyboard" option under the cog to actually save the changes or do the "media key" options instantly update?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod