Author Topic: [IC] 8008 Ink Switches | GB STARTS SEPT 6TH!  (Read 50165 times)

Offline MeloDet

Re: [IC] 8008 Ink Switches
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 21 September 2019, 10:07:52 »
Hmm wish I could update my feedback, thinking about purchasing a few more

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 21 September 2019, 16:48:31 »
8008 INK SWITCHES

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

I have had this idea since the inception of GMK 8008, but decided to wait to see the success of the keyset.
These will have the Gateron logo on top, unlike the renders above.

Please CLICK HERE to fill out the form if you are interested in these.
If you don't fill it out, I will not know you are interested. So please fill out.

SPECS
Opaque Gateron Inks
Linear
Color-matched to GMK 8008
Gateron Yellow Spring

PRICE
$0.75 / switch

MOQ
100,000 Switches.
If I believe we can get to 50k,
I am prepared to buy out the second 50k.

If there seems to be enough interest in getting to the MOQ, I will run the group buy.

Wow

Offline JacobTN

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 19:46:30 »
Need these for sure

Offline Draxion

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 00:44:44 »
Love these.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 October 2019, 23:40:44 by Draxion »

Offline Dissitesuxba11s

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 08:01:12 »
Hopefully we can get a typing/comparison test before the GB.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 23:47:36 »
Wouldn't a fleshy colour have been better for the housing?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 08:53:38 »
Has Gateron ever acknowledged the loose switch leaf issues with their current ink switches?  Probably need to clear that up first.

https://www.keebtalk.com/t/psa-careful-with-your-leaves-when-lubing-inks/7185

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 09:09:49 »
Has Gateron ever acknowledged the loose switch leaf issues with their current ink switches?  Probably need to clear that up first.

Mike from novelkeys reached out to them and they said it wasn't an issue and is a known thing. Based on that I would not expect a "fix" to be coming. I think they view it as people take on their own risk when taking them apart.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 10:05:38 »
Could we have some samples?

Offline helpful

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 10:56:17 »
submitted form :)

Offline darko

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 16:38:07 »
Any news on this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ever9415

• EVER STORY
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 18:09:22 »
When Will 8008 Ink Switches GB Start?
Any news?
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 December 2019, 18:11:31 by ever9415 »

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 21:09:16 »
Small update. Sorry for the delay.

So many folks brought up concerns on if these were in fact inks and not just recolored yellows, because they were not smoking translucent housings. I have spent months trying to definitively get the answer to this question before even starting to plan a GB, as I do not want to mislead anyone or have anyone doubt the legitimacy of the product.

It has taken a long time to get these answers and for a while, I was pessimistic if this would ever happen, as I did not want to run the GB if I could not get a real answer.

While I don't have any actual news, I can say that the project is progressing in the right direction and is not dead yet. I will hopefully have more detailed information moving forward.

Offline higgga

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 23:20:12 »

So many folks brought up concerns on if these were in fact inks and not just recolored yellows, because they were not smoking translucent housings. I have spent months trying to definitively get the answer to this question before even starting to plan a GB, as I do not want to mislead anyone or have anyone doubt the legitimacy of the product.

It has taken a long time to get these answers and for a while, I was pessimistic if this would ever happen, as I did not want to run the GB if I could not get a real answer.

While I don't have any actual news, I can say that the project is progressing in the right direction and is not dead yet. I will hopefully have more detailed information moving forward.

I have an idea that is definitely not ideal for several reasons, and I don't even know if I would endorse it myself, but I might as well put it out there:

If you can get some pre production samples, we take a regular Gat ink and yellow and test properties such as (mainly) melting point, hardness, and perhaps other things.  Then we can test the sample and see how it compares.  When you add that to how it feels and sounds, we could be pretty confident in the results, but it would be infinitely better to have confirmation from Gateron.

Offline Warrenified

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 23:35:44 »
Will join this regardless of whether or not theyre just recolored yellows or actual inks :D

Offline DoctorNunu

• Masterworks
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 00:08:30 »
Looking good Dixie!

I would buy this instantly if you can assure these switches do not have the loose leaf and loose top problem as the current state of Gateron inks.
The current condition of Inks makes me never wanna touch them again unfortunately, the original design (When they were just called Gateron Inks) is very appealing though.

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 01:39:34 »

I have an idea that is definitely not ideal for several reasons, and I don't even know if I would endorse it myself, but I might as well put it out there:

If you can get some pre production samples, we take a regular Gat ink and yellow and test properties such as (mainly) melting point, hardness, and perhaps other things.  Then we can test the sample and see how it compares.  When you add that to how it feels and sounds, we could be pretty confident in the results, but it would be infinitely better to have confirmation from Gateron.

While you’re doing the melting point test.  Man don’t forget to save some to send to a lab for carbon dating. We need to also check for isotopes and measure it’s rare of decay. If one starts to exhibit quantum properties then it might help us narrow down the mystery of milk yellow Smokey ink.

Offline higgga

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 02:51:28 »
While you’re doing the melting point test.  Man don’t forget to save some to send to a lab for carbon dating. We need to also check for isotopes and measure it’s rare of decay. If one starts to exhibit quantum properties then it might help us narrow down the mystery of milk yellow Smokey ink.

While I agree more rigorous and robust investigation is necessary, I am going to have to hard disagree with these methods.  The polymer chains are stable enough that carbon dating or looking for isotopes are useless.  Similarly, the random walk nature of polymer chains is going to give you a hard time in terms of predicting quantum phenomena.

For real though, the real point was that if you ask for months and can't get a yes/no answer, you probably aren't going to get one, and will just have to find a way to deal with the uncertainty in some way or another.

Offline click clack jack

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 07:34:06 »

While I agree more rigorous and robust investigation is necessary, I am going to have to hard disagree with these methods.  The polymer chains are stable enough that carbon dating or looking for isotopes are useless.  Similarly, the random walk nature of polymer chains is going to give you a hard time in terms of predicting quantum phenomena.

For real though, the real point was that if you ask for months and can't get a yes/no answer, you probably aren't going to get one, and will just have to find a way to deal with the uncertainty in some way or another.

(He was making fun of you)

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 07:50:43 »

Mike from novelkeys reached out to them and they said it wasn't an issue and is a known thing. Based on that I would not expect a "fix" to be coming. I think they view it as people take on their own risk when taking them apart.

What seriously!? I guess I heard wrong then, I thought they told Mike they are gonna work on fixing the issues. What about Zeal too, I doubt he'd let his line of switches suffer because Gateron wants to be stubborn about fixing their machinery & I have heard murmurs of the aqua Zilents having loose leaves. This is not looking good for Gateron if that is the stance they are taking. I know personally I view the loose leaves as a defect (not sure how anyone could not considering every other MX switch out there has their leaves held tight in the bottom housing & so did Gateron's switches before whatever happened to start this issue) & will not be buying anything made by Gateron till they fix the issue.

Offline Fuzon

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 14:47:13 »

What seriously!? I guess I heard wrong then, I thought they told Mike they are gonna work on fixing the issues. What about Zeal too, I doubt he'd let his line of switches suffer because Gateron wants to be stubborn about fixing their machinery & I have heard murmurs of the aqua Zilents having loose leaves. This is not looking good for Gateron if that is the stance they are taking. I know personally I view the loose leaves as a defect (not sure how anyone could not considering every other MX switch out there has their leaves held tight in the bottom housing & so did Gateron's switches before whatever happened to start this issue) & will not be buying anything made by Gateron till they fix the issue.

The issue is seems to have been fixed, as Mike at NK is getting the new batch. The issue seems to have occurred to translucent housings, with added dye( which is why zilent blues were affected). Something about the plastic not shrinking as expected. I would imagine that if Gateron has not yet made a non translucent Ink yet, that they will have to test that on their end.

Offline MudkipMao

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 17:30:19 »
Inks with gat yellow springs are my dream switch! I hope this is still on track to happen!

Offline yuppie

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 20:10:00 »
whats the spring weight going to be?
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline MudkipMao

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 12:40:32 »
I'm bumping this cause I need these

Offline Nonnegaard

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 17:43:13 »
Bump please make these things real
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 01:31:36 »
BUMP

Offline abrokencondom

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 05:22:21 »
Honestly doesn't matter to me if opaque or translucent housing, and would be happy to go translucent if it definitively means the confusion around it being a recoloured ink or yellow was settled.

Offline DSA1312

• letterboxd
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 17:33:34 »
Bump :(

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 02:18:32 »
hello?

Offline Hanabi

• Falling into a black hole.
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 02:23:42 »
Cute!

Offline ephemeral25

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 14:55:22 »
Make it happend !

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 14:42:07 »
looks so good

Offline nettoxx7

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 13:02:53 »
Is this project dead ? Looks really good though

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 09:40:35 »
Hope that this project will continue very soon.

Offline OmniSzron

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 07:34:35 »
Yeah, I've already given up and bought a bunch of stock Inks. I think this project is dead.
Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline Rilow

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 10:17:44 »
I would buy 90 switches but the IC form only allows me to choose 70 or 110.

Offline MudkipMao

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 13:59:34 »
I will singlehandedly keep this thread alive. I just want gat yellow springs in ink housings

Offline segami

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 11:07:34 »
Would buy

Offline Draxion

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 19:56:58 »
Yes please My 8008 will sit in its box unti I get these

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 11:38:29 »
8008 INKS ARE ALIVE!

After many many many months of lost sample packages, delayed COVID packages, and every other problem that could happen, we have gotten the sample switches in! We decided to do the top and bottom housing in the same color in order to speed the process up, since you can barely see the bottom housing after installation. Gateron did a fantastic job on the custom opaque Ink plastic mixture and the color matching. These switches are as smooth as you would expect an Ink to be, but with the famous Gat Yellow spring on the inside. We are very happy with these and will be sending some to a few of our partners for reviews and Taeha Types will be doing a full build with these.

We are only awaiting Gateron's reply about production time table and then we wil have information on when the GB will happen. Hopefully we can have this information once the partners do their thoughts / reviews and builds with them.

Huge thanks to Louis from iLumKB for being an integral part in getting these switches to where they are and for helping translate for easier communication.

Below is a couple hi-res photos for you to check out the color matching.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19sdc9UrfeBTa-Mww_DtHSZHgGUcZCyMD?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 August 2020, 11:42:21 by GarrettSucks »

Offline HypeSloth

Re: [IC] 8008 Ink Switches ARE NOT DEAD! BIG UPDATE!
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 11:52:17 »
They LIVE! Looking great Dixie!

Offline StanleyLelnats

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 12:28:59 »
Was just thinking about these the other day... Glad to see they are still alive! Can't wait for GB  :thumb:

Offline are2dcrz

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 12:48:24 »
these are awesome! If i didn't already have many switches on deck. I'm switch out.

Offline MudkipMao

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 12:50:11 »
Yes yes yes! It's finally happening! I'd like to think that my months of bumping this thread has paid off  :D

Offline cadrev

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 14:03:31 »
Interested on this! Also I'm guessing you are aware of the recent scratchy gateron inks issue. Will you be taking this into account during this GB?

Offline Suli

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 14:08:07 »
I didn't like GMK 8008 but those switches look beautiful. I'm probably in for GB if Louis one of the vendors.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 August 2020, 14:11:11 by Suli »

Offline Domantas

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 14:16:18 »
Wow, now I can do even more full gmk 8008 built cheche. My keyboard is already light blue, which goes with alphas and now the switches wow

Offline breckstar

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 14:20:55 »
need some SA 8008 now

Offline OmniSzron

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 14:31:05 »
Wow! They will actually run? Sick. Might scoop some up, despite not needing any switches at the moment.
Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline proelio

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 14:56:43 »
Nice, these look great. Will there be an EU Proxy for the GB?