Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2359148 times)

Offline DanGWanG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 10:23:03 »
Quote from: Phagocytosis;614044
how much are click clack factory seconds compared to normal skulls?

Factory 2nds will range from $40-75 depending on the color.  Grey, Black, Yellow are slightly more expensive whereas Red and Blue will be less expensive.

Normal single color skulls will range from $50-100 depending on color.  There is a wide variety here.  Multi-colored skulls will range from 100+.  It gets crazy sometimes with the multicolored ones =)

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 13:51:31 »
What does a bag of 100 cherry mx black springs go for?  What about a bag of 100 cherry mx black stems?
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 14:05:41 »
Quote from: AKIMbO;614196
What does a bag of 100 cherry mx black springs go for?  What about a bag of 100 cherry mx black stems?

Springs are usually $.10 apiece. So for a bag of 100, $10.

Stems, usually $.20 apiece. Again, for a bag of 100, $20. Plus shipping of course
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 14:07:06 »

I paid $20 for about 40 black springs, 30 stems, and 60 or so switches in a package (so about 100 springs and 90 stems and 60 housings). I think it was that low because of the odd counts of harvested innards.

$20 usually gets you 100 clear stems (when you can find them).

So... I'd say $15ish each shipped?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Reptile

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 14:14:17 »
ergo clear mod on a plate mounted board?
Home:Realforce 87UB 55g
Work:Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 14:19:41 »
Quote from: Reptile;614210

You will have to ask MagicMeatball, or someone with a better soldering set up than I have, about that one. :smile:
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 18:33:23 »
PC on stock black Filco 87 keycaps set? Unused. (not ninja, normal ones)
I love Elzy

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 22:11:45 »
I sold a set of 104 black switches for $20 shipped. Apparently I could have gotten more for them, but I didn't see the need.

Quote from: Reptile;614210
I think Clickey was doing this a while ago. If you can dig up the thread, you might be able to find someone who can tell you what he charged. Maybe Reaper or DanGWanG?

Quote from: Sifo;614370
PC on stock black Filco 87 keycaps set? Unused. (not ninja, normal ones)
I think I've seen these go for ~$25.
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline SecrtAgentMan

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 16 June 2012, 20:41:48 »

Offline Roguemaster8

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 17 June 2012, 03:37:07 »
How about a white Moogle modifier kit?

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 53056[/ATTACH]

I may be wrong as to the name even, I'm just curious what these go for.
CM Storm Quickfire | Dell Quietkey | Unicomp Ultra Classic | KBC Poker

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 17 June 2012, 09:11:03 »
Quote from: Roguemaster8;615369
How about a white Moogle modifier kit?

(Attachment Link) 53056[/ATTACH]

I may be wrong as to the name even, I'm just curious what these go for.

The "name" for this is simply the "hashbaz RGB+Y kit."  This kit has good legends, accepted by most of the community and tops it's predecessors in color, font and delivery.  These were sold at around $20 per kit, but with recent markups, you can expect to pay anywhere from $20-40.  Though, personally, I would try not to pay $40 for it.  I think $30 is the highest acceptable level I would pay, but then again, I'm cheap :)

The group buy also offered a matching faux Cherry "Esc" in white on red, doubleshot.  More pics here

Offline metafour

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 17 June 2012, 10:25:23 »
The hashbaz RGBY set I sold recently for ~$40 had the YY and YBP color code yellow modifiers.

I believe that's my picture above of the Cherry set I just sold him including an RGBY kit since that's how I moogle. I would have been happy to split the set I just figured it was more usable as a package.

Offline Roguemaster8

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 17 June 2012, 12:54:43 »
Thanks for the info, and metafour you misunderstand, I'm definitely keeping the set, it goes with the Cherry double shots perfectly.

I just wanted to know their value for future reference :).
CM Storm Quickfire | Dell Quietkey | Unicomp Ultra Classic | KBC Poker

Offline r4pture

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 18 June 2012, 12:26:18 »
Price/Interest check on Northgate Omnikey 101, with small enter key.

Review of the model: http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:4852
[sigpic]http://geekhack.org/signaturepics/sigpic12085_2.gif[/sigpic]
~ Dell AT101W~ ~ ~ ~IBM Model M2~ ~ ~Northgate Omnikey 101 ~

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 18 June 2012, 12:29:57 »
Quote from: r4pture;616297
Price/Interest check on Northgate Omnikey 101, with small enter key.

Review of the model: http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:4852
I think around $75-$100? Though I'm not totally sure. I haven't seen one in a while.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 18 June 2012, 16:49:51 »
I wonder how much can a new cherry g84-4100 be worth?
I have one but I don't really like the cherry MLs.
And is this normal that the keys are so stiff and hard to press anywhere but in the middle? Or is mine just old or something?
GH60 rev. B w/ ali's case|Cherry G80-3000 HFU/05|IBM Model M (51G8572)
Check out the GH60 project! | How to make a keyboard

Offline Tranquilite

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 18 June 2012, 23:48:12 »
Quote from: komar007;616480
And is this normal that the keys are so stiff and hard to press anywhere but in the middle? Or is mine just old or something?
They are always like that, which is why only fewer people like these boards.

Offline apb2390

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 18:26:11 »
How much could I get for a lightly used Model M Industrial?
CMStorm QF Rapid || Dell Quietkey RT7D5JTW || IBM Model M \'87 || IBM Model M \'89 ||  IBM Model M \'95 Industrial || Apple Extended || SIIG MacTouch

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 18:30:01 »
Well, regular Model Ms go for around $30-$40, so a touch more than that? If you have the box and stuff you might be able to get a bit more, but I can't see it getting higher than $70.

Offline apb2390

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 18:52:25 »
Dug around a bit, found three price points.

Here's an ISO Model M industrial sold for the equivalent of $130.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190680569735&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:de

Here's two standard Industrials sold for $95 and $150, respectively.
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?30794-Yet-Another-Spring-Cleaning-Keyboard-Blowout!&highlight=Model+industrial
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?27136-Industrial-IBM-Model-M&highlight=Model+industrial

I believe I saw a NIB one on ebay go for $170, though I can't find a link.

Seems like it's >$100 for standard Industrials.
CMStorm QF Rapid || Dell Quietkey RT7D5JTW || IBM Model M \'87 || IBM Model M \'89 ||  IBM Model M \'95 Industrial || Apple Extended || SIIG MacTouch

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 23:16:20 »
Quote from: apb2390;617318
Dug around a bit, found three price points.

Here's an ISO Model M industrial sold for the equivalent of $130.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190680569735&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:de

Here's two standard Industrials sold for $95 and $150, respectively.
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?30794-Yet-Another-Spring-Cleaning-Keyboard-Blowout!&highlight=Model+industrial
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?27136-Industrial-IBM-Model-M&highlight=Model+industrial

I believe I saw a NIB one on ebay go for $170, though I can't find a link.

Seems like it's >$100 for standard Industrials.
Right you are! I apologize for misleading you. I forgot how much people seem to like those cases.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 23:40:17 »
How much for a MX CC Skull? just an average, I need to know because they always seem to be traded and never sold
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 23:41:04 »
Depends on the skull, but usually between $50-$100.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 20 June 2012, 05:10:05 »
Is trading a Cherry Black on White/Beige set for a Graphite/Black set an even(ish) trade? trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger on it.

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 20 June 2012, 10:23:33 »
Quote from: emptythecache;617685
Is trading a Cherry Black on White/Beige set for a Graphite/Black set an even(ish) trade? trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger on it.
If, when you say graphite, you mean that dark blue/gray set that shows up rarely, I can't give you a definite answer, because I don't know what those are worth monetarily (I've only ever seen them traded.) However, I personally would take that trade. If you mean a white on black cherry set, then no.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 20 June 2012, 10:39:06 »
yeah, it's the korean graphite and black set sherryton sold a couple of, for my black on white/biege cherry set. i'm leaning towards doing it, if only so i can use a set with consistent profiles.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 21 June 2012, 13:21:19 »
What would a single Déck blank replacement keycap cost? They used to be sold as part of a 82 or 104-key replacement set for their keyboards.
They look like this:
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 21 June 2012, 13:32:10 »
I'd say no more than a few dollars =)

Offline dbfj

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 21 June 2012, 20:59:33 »
Picked up a black filco ninja TKL with blacks on Amazon.  Keyboard appears to be in very good condition with all of the accessories and original packaging.  I don't think black switches are for me, after trying it a bit today, my hands feel like I've been doing finger push-ups.  I'm looking into replacing the switches (I own an iron and a solder sucker, only used it once), or just going with ghetto reds if switching springs doesn't require soldering.

Anyway, here're some pics, I'd appreciate a price-check on it, and is there some place to get the same keyboard with browns?
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 53604[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 53605[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 53606[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 53607[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 53608[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 53609[/ATTACH]

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 21 June 2012, 21:02:09 »
Quote from: dbfj;619098
Picked up a black filco ninja TKL with blacks on Amazon.  Keyboard appears to be in very good condition with all of the accessories and original packaging.  I don't think black switches are for me, after trying it a bit today, my hands feel like I've been doing finger push-ups.  I'm looking into replacing the switches (I own an iron and a solder sucker, only used it once), or just going with ghetto reds if switching springs doesn't require soldering.

Anyway, here're some pics, I'd appreciate a price-check on it, and is there some place to get the same keyboard with browns?
(Attachment Link) 53604[/ATTACH] (Attachment Link) 53605[/ATTACH] (Attachment Link) 53606[/ATTACH] (Attachment Link) 53607[/ATTACH] (Attachment Link) 53608[/ATTACH] (Attachment Link) 53609[/ATTACH]

$100 shipped.  Black switch keyboards tend to sit in the classified for a while.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline metafour

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 21 June 2012, 21:02:41 »
Unfortunately since it's a plate mounted board even swapping springs will require desoldering the switches. Most of the black switch keyboards take a while to sell and I think I ended up selling my Filco with blacks for less than $100 shipped. Granted it wasn't as new as yours but it still might be a tough sell near retail.

Offline dbfj

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 21 June 2012, 21:14:40 »
That makes sense, and I can understand why - my fingers are either going to fall apart or become very strong unless I learn to type differently on it.  That is approximately what I paid for it, and as a n00b, I wanted to try the linears, and filco as well - the quality is undeniably great.  I think I'll pick up some brown switches from WASD and try my hand at soldering them (after some more practice soldering and desoldering).  My fingers actually do feel stronger, I might take up wing chun or something instead.

Offline dbfj

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 21 June 2012, 21:15:09 »
Also, thank you both for your replies.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 21 June 2012, 21:44:28 »
You can probably still return it to Amazon for a refund or gift credit. I would recommend brown switches for a newcomer to MX switches. I am no novice at soldering, and I desoldered over 200 switches the other day from an old Wyse board and an old Compaq MX 11800, using a Radio Shack desoldering iron with bulb. Then I tried to desolder the Filco. Let me just say, my Filco is on its way to MagicMeatball for a switch swap. He has the Hakko 808 to do it properly.

in memoriam

Offline dbfj

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 21 June 2012, 22:58:56 »
Thanks for the reply - sounds like sage advice.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 22 June 2012, 09:08:17 »
Purple MX CC skull from the latest dibs sale?

I've asked about CC skulls before, but it seems like there is a lot of interest for the purple mx skulls.

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Djuzuh

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 22 June 2012, 09:11:57 »
I don't know how big the stock of those is.

They don't really seem that rare, so I'd guess 40-60$?

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 22 June 2012, 09:52:19 »
Quote from: Djuzuh;619418
I don't know how big the stock of those is.

They don't really seem that rare, so I'd guess 40-60$?

If your selling, I'm buying :)

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 22 June 2012, 09:57:53 »
They will start around $60 to infiniti.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 22 June 2012, 10:08:38 »
WTT: My Red CC MX Skull for your Infiniti

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 53635[/ATTACH]

in memoriam

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 22 June 2012, 10:27:43 »
Good, I was going to trade for it. It seems like a semi-fair deal on both sides, he's getting a better deal but I'mma getting my first CC skull so no cares given.

Offline noir

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 22 June 2012, 15:17:51 »
What is the value of a full set of Cherry Double shot keycaps with WYSE font.

They are a bit beige.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 June 2012, 15:36:11 by Quarzac »

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 22 June 2012, 15:36:20 »
Quote from: noir;619718
What is the value of a full set of Cherry Double shot keycaps with WYSE font.

They are a bit beige.
You can't have both of those things with one set. They're either Cherry doubleshots or WYSE doubleshots. Post a picture, and I can help you out.

Offline noir

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 22 June 2012, 16:09:12 »
Maybe $15-20.

Offline dbfj

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 22 June 2012, 20:28:09 »
Thanks, appreciate the words of caution.  I went ahead and returned it.  Paying for the return shipping, but I think it was worth it to try the filco, and the black switches - now I know which ones I like and which ones I don't.

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 23 June 2012, 12:34:20 »
104 lightly used/new WYSE black switches, Theyre vintage ones right? the better of the black switches. How much for them.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #97 on: Sat, 23 June 2012, 16:39:18 »
A Tipro board with a logo that says DigiPOS, but most certainly a Tipro. Cherry mx blacks, looks like the one below, except that it has a couple of 2u caps and some numpad caps (with removable upper part)

It is 12 by 8 switches and there is a card reader which can be attached to the side which I also have.

Any ideas? (Obviously not my image)

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #98 on: Sat, 23 June 2012, 18:03:09 »
IBM 3923 High-quality membrane keyboard?
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 53791[/ATTACH]
Peripherals:
Realforce 87uw with grey caps,Ducky YOTR Blues,Realforce 104ug Hipro,Zowie Am FG,WMO 1.1a,Sidewinder X3

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
« Reply #99 on: Sat, 23 June 2012, 21:49:20 »
Quote from: pix3l_fodder;620304
104 lightly used/new WYSE black switches, Theyre vintage ones right? the better of the black switches. How much for them.
I sold a bunch of these for $20. I may have been able to get more if I had known they were vintage at the time, but eh.