Author Topic: [GB] Pearl 40% R1 Complete - www.pearlboards.com - Thank you!  (Read 201085 times)

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
Re: [GB] Pearl 40% - Shipments arriving, QC'ing/sorting - www.pearlboards.com
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 12:30:31 »
Appreciate it guys. Ill pm you Dana if I need help, and I'll get working on this every night! Will try and move fast :thumb:

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #351 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 15:14:12 »
Sorry if u already mentioned but what’s the scoop on acrylic plates.

Also once everyone has received their Pearl and is happy (replacements finished), will u be selling leftover stuff? Pcbs etc.. if there is any...

Also congrats to Robotical- Pearl and a Trash Panda😍😍😍
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 February 2018, 15:19:48 by donut_sauce »

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #352 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 15:24:09 »

Also once everyone has received their Pearl and is happy (replacements finished), will u be selling leftover stuff? Pcbs etc.. if there is any...
Messaged Jordijolimon this morning, haven't heard from him yet. He's probably really busy. Waiting on one more prototype plate from him and then I am going to order a bunch in all colors if it works. Problem is, the past have broken super easily. And the ones that haven't broken, I've had to dremmel extensively to get them to work. I for sure will liquidate the Pearl Factory inventory once everything is sent out!

Offline Robotical

« Reply #353 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 15:30:16 »

Also congrats to Robotical- Pearl and a Trash Panda😍😍😍

Just the Pearl.. I wish it is was my Trash Panda. :|

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #354 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 04:42:04 »

Messaged Jordijolimon this morning, haven't heard from him yet. He's probably really busy. Waiting on one more prototype plate from him and then I am going to order a bunch in all colors if it works. Problem is, the past have broken super easily. And the ones that haven't broken, I've had to dremmel extensively to get them to work. I for sure will liquidate the Pearl Factory inventory once everything is sent out!

HHmmm... what are the chances of having extra purple or cyan pearls? :p :p

Offline bminhz

« Reply #355 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 04:53:44 »
The mix and match top bottom looks very cool...any chance we can buy extra top or bottom if any?

Offline hndle

« Reply #356 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 05:53:18 »
wow many people want extras.
and me, too.  :))

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #357 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 09:13:02 »
Hey! If I find some boards are straight fckd when QC'ng them, there wont be extras. If all boards are fine, in the end there might be 1 extra in the most popular colors. I never really thought about buying extras since this GB wasn't a "for profit" kind of thing. I'm sorry everyone, figured everyone who wanted one got in on the GB.

I went through all the Gray Pearls last night. I listed two bottom case parts as b-stock since the anodizing is kind of weird, and one top case part as b-stock as well since it has a tiny little impact chip. Didn't think these issues were big enough to reject them. The bottom parts are fine on all areas that will be seen when using the Pearl (side perimeter). Only the bottom and top of the BOTTOM case parts have the weird anodizing. But the bottom sits against the desk and the top is covered by the other case.

If anyone here has a gray order and is willing to take these b-stock parts, which are still beautiful, I can try and work out some discount or something, and I would be very appreciative. As a matter of fact, if I find more b-stocks that I don't reject, ill list and if anyone is willing to take them I will do the same! Please pm me, possibly list an order #, I can try to ship your Pearl early too for your kindness!

If not, I will have to send them back to get refinished and re-anodized and stuff. Thanks everyone! Here are pics

Some Pearls voyaging the seas

Small impact chip - Listing as b-stock. Anyone willing to take?

Dana if you read this, your order is packed, ready to ship tomorrow! ;D

Offline nosaNL

« Reply #358 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 11:04:53 »
I have a question. :)
Then, if you have only 1 extra later, who can buy it?
is there an opportunity for the first person you asked? Or are you will getting a new application?

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #359 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 11:13:52 »
Ideally I'd like to hold on to it and make sure that it doesnt need to be used to replace someones order! But if it comes down to it, have been asked way too many times already for extras x0 Will go through my messages and try to prioritize those who asked first :)

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #360 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 12:22:37 »
Hey! If I find some boards are straight fckd when QC'ng them, there wont be extras. If all boards are fine, in the end there might be 1 extra in the most popular colors. I never really thought about buying extras since this GB wasn't a "for profit" kind of thing. I'm sorry everyone, figured everyone who wanted one got in on the GB.

I went through all the Gray Pearls last night. I listed two bottom case parts as b-stock since the anodizing is kind of weird, and one top case part as b-stock as well since it has a tiny little impact chip. Didn't think these issues were big enough to reject them. The bottom parts are fine on all areas that will be seen when using the Pearl (side perimeter). Only the bottom and top of the BOTTOM case parts have the weird anodizing. But the bottom sits against the desk and the top is covered by the other case.

If anyone here has a gray order and is willing to take these b-stock parts, which are still beautiful, I can try and work out some discount or something, and I would be very appreciative. As a matter of fact, if I find more b-stocks that I don't reject, ill list and if anyone is willing to take them I will do the same! Please pm me, possibly list an order #, I can try to ship your Pearl early too for your kindness!

If not, I will have to send them back to get refinished and re-anodized and stuff. Thanks everyone! Here are pics

Some Pearls voyaging the seas
Show Image

Small impact chip - Listing as b-stock. Anyone willing to take?
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

:p On a side note, Koob. I have the same color kitchen cabinets and the same handles as you do. Are you doing QC at my house and I didn't realize it?

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #361 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 12:35:51 »
I might be, or I might not be. Depends, who's askin?!

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #362 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 12:41:44 »
I might be, or I might not be. Depends, who's askin?!

LOL

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #363 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 21:39:43 »
Hello everyone! Going to be sending a mass email soon, as well as making cross posts in other social networks. Its simple,

1. If you want acrylic plates shipped with your Pearl order, please pm me or post here with your order number. My acrylic provider, Jordijolimon, has mentioned to me that the available colors are clear, frosted, black, red, cyan, orange, neon pink, dark transparent green and blue. I plan on buying like 30 of them from him, split between those colors, and then charging you $35 for them. I will stock them in my site as well if they don't sell before i ship your order. You can always buy them after, but best i send with your order. Free shipping CONUS as well.

2. If you have an address change, please message me that as well. Check your order receipt and make sure it matches your current address if you are unsure.

3. If you have pm'd me before about anything important about your order, not regarding an extra Pearl, please feel free to remind me of it again. Because my brain is in a million places and i could have forgotten or not written it down.

Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 February 2018, 21:48:35 by Koobaczech »

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #364 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 23:53:47 »
Hi Koob, order #1056 here.  I'll take an acrylic plate.  Would you post pics of the different colors once you have them in your hand?

I have PM you before, can you verify the color of my Pearl as well?  Do you have extra PCB, just curious.

Thanks much.  Have a great rest of your weekend.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #365 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 01:08:02 »
Pretty darn cool looking case, man.

If anyone needs cash, I'll buy your Pearl from you.  Send me a PM :)

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #366 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 14:33:33 »
Hey guys! Thanks for all the pms! Been packing orders today and a few of you have been asking about the boards assembly. One of my good discord friends runs a build/repair/assembly service. He's an older guy and has a lot of experience and tools. Stuff like a Hakko FX-888D, Ketser 44 solder, desoldering vacuum, multimeter, etc.

Anyways, he's doing a 10% off for me. Thats $18 for a Pearl built. You would pay shipping and the cost of any switches or top leds! So if you are worried about building your Pearl check out his website - https://www.turbokeys.us - and check out his reddit post - I talk to him on discord over pms so if anyone needs help communicating with him just lmk!

Hi Koob, order #1056 here.  I'll take an acrylic plate.  Would you post pics of the different colors once you have them in your hand?

I have PM you before, can you verify the color of my Pearl as well?  Do you have extra PCB, just curious.

Perfect! Yes i'll post some pictures for you! Your order is Silv/Brss with an extra PCB. Got all that here, no worries. Look ok to you? Have a great weekend too!

Pretty darn cool looking case, man.

If anyone needs cash, I'll buy your Pearl from you.  Send me a PM :)
Thank you! If someone ever wants to sell a spot i can let you know as well!

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #367 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 16:19:36 »

Perfect! Yes i'll post some pictures for you! Your order is Silv/Brss with an extra PCB. Got all that here, no worries. Look ok to you? Have a great weekend too!

Oh, I just send you a PM.  Hopefully there is not a mixup here.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #368 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 18:30:46 »
Yo my bad lol, i was looking at order 1065. I have you for exactly what you pm'd me :) Cyan/Brass

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #369 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 18:49:32 »
Yo my bad lol, i was looking at order 1065. I have you for exactly what you pm'd me :) Cyan/Brass

Great, just making sure.  Any extra PCB available if I get an acrylic plate?   ;D

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #370 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 20:51:32 »
Ye, i think ill have an extra PCB! Worst comes to it, ill order a few more :)

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #371 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 05:27:26 »
Hello everyone! Going to be sending a mass email soon, as well as making cross posts in other social networks. Its simple,

1. If you want acrylic plates shipped with your Pearl order, please pm me or post here with your order number. My acrylic provider, Jordijolimon, has mentioned to me that the available colors are clear, frosted, black, red, cyan, orange, neon pink, dark transparent green and blue. I plan on buying like 30 of them from him, split between those colors, and then charging you $35 for them. I will stock them in my site as well if they don't sell before i ship your order. You can always buy them after, but best i send with your order. Free shipping CONUS as well.

2. If you have an address change, please message me that as well. Check your order receipt and make sure it matches your current address if you are unsure.

3. If you have pm'd me before about anything important about your order, not regarding an extra Pearl, please feel free to remind me of it again. Because my brain is in a million places and i could have forgotten or not written it down.

Thank you so much!

As I PM'd you, a clear acrylic plate here and extra PCB please! Order number 1099 :)
Also, I'll wait for you to receive the plates, shipping overseas is too expensive for just a plate and a pcb.

Thanks!

Offline metalliccharles

« Reply #372 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 17:29:44 »
 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #373 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 17:33:54 »
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Show Image

Saw my email, started making strange noises and saying things like "mine, my own, my precious"....my coworkers looked at me weird lol

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #374 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 18:04:22 »
So I take it everyone's order has shipped then? I haven't got my email :(
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #375 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 18:25:01 »
Hey guys!! Wow, i see emails have been going out haha. Very happy to see.

Ive packed (not shipped) the first 25 orders so far (120+ to go), and am trying to get through printing those labels. Tomorrow my friend will drop some of them off, and the next day more will be dropped off, etc. Every day after work i try to pack a few more, and eventually when I've collected enough, i will again reprint labels and send them out in the following days.

So they will be shipped in batches guys, and its a slow process, and its mostly first order first serve style. I might arrange for pickup as well at some point, and that would land shipping on every other Saturday. So weekly shipments.

Important notes, make sure to double check your address, and if its an international order out of the USA, i need a phone number from you. Ive already isolated 4 boxes that are going to japan, china and Canada where i wasn't provided a phone number. Ive emailed those people already and am awaiting their replies.

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #376 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 18:27:48 »
That looks like a well padded shipping box.  You could probably put more than one Pearl in that flat rate priority mail box.   :cool:

Getting closer....

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #377 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 18:30:13 »
Congrats Koob, almost done with your first GB and early to boot :) Must be satisfying seeing your Pearls heading out into the world after all the hard work.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #378 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 18:44:02 »
Hey guys!! Wow, i see emails have been going out haha. Very happy to see.

Ive packed (not shipped) the first 25 orders so far (120+ to go), and am trying to get through printing those labels. Tomorrow my friend will drop some of them off, and the next day more will be dropped off, etc. Every day after work i try to pack a few more, and eventually when I've collected enough, i will again reprint labels and send them out in the following days.

So they will be shipped in batches guys, and its a slow process, and its mostly first order first serve style. I might arrange for pickup as well at some point, and that would land shipping on every other Saturday. So weekly shipments.

Important notes, make sure to double check your address, and if its an international order out of the USA, i need a phone number from you. Ive already isolated 4 boxes that are going to japan, china and Canada where i wasn't provided a phone number. Ive emailed those people already and am awaiting their replies.

Show Image

Gotta love those box stack pics.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #379 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 18:48:19 »
Lmao Puddsy. Its so cramped in here :/ But its a good box, and i have been overkilling the packing. Nothing is left unpadded, everything is super bubble wrapped, the bottoms are lined with either some foam or more bubble wrap, i really hope they are safe. And yea, some boxes have a lot of stuff.

Thanks so much donut!! Its funny but, this is all way more stressful than satisfying. I want to make sure everyone is happy and gets a good Pearl. I think the most satisfying part of all this is everyones support, and hoping to see how you all build the boards :)

Offline donjoan666

« Reply #380 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 20:43:26 »
So great to hear... Can't imagine this is already shipping thanks to many updates. Unbeatable...
And btw... I guess I chose the right color... black... so deep... ha...... great anodize....
Guess I have to prepare vintage black since I heard brass plate does feel really good with light linears... (am I wrong?....:V)
Cheers....

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #381 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 20:44:57 »
Glad to see these going out Koob. Great job!!  :thumb:

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #382 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 21:40:54 »
Thanks so much donut!! Its funny but, this is all way more stressful than satisfying. I want to make sure everyone is happy and gets a good Pearl. I think the most satisfying part of all this is everyones support, and hoping to see how you all build the boards :)
Hey I just got my shipping confimation too :) If we contacted you earlier in the GB about a case color order adjustment, our shipping notice from Pearlboards will still state the original order color right? (for example I'm #1028 and switched from Silver to Cyan but Pearlboards shipping notice says Silver/Brass.)

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #383 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 21:47:07 »
So great to hear... Can't imagine this is already shipping thanks to many updates. Unbeatable...
And btw... I guess I chose the right color... black... so deep... ha...... great anodize....
Guess I have to prepare vintage black since I heard brass plate does feel really good with light linears... (am I wrong?....:V)
Cheers....
Haha thanks a lot!<3 All the colors are amazing, not one is better than the other in my opinion ;D Brass is super strong. PERSONALLY i like lubed liners on acrylic. That being said, my friend R0b0tical just built his Pearl with a brass plate and lubed vintage blacks with vintage mx clear springs (ghosted the blacks). And well, it typed super nice!!

Glad to see these going out Koob. Great job!!  :thumb:
Really appreciate it Mike!!

Hey I just got my shipping confimation too :) If we contacted you earlier in the GB about a case color order adjustment, our shipping notice from Pearlboards will still state the original order color right? (for example I'm #1028 and switched from Silver to Cyan but Pearlboards shipping notice says Silver/Brass.)
You are right. I cant change the virtual order, but i can change the physical one ;D I have you down for a CYAN.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #384 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 21:58:56 »
You are right. I cant change the virtual order, but i can change the physical one ;D I have you down for a CYAN.
Sweet. Just ordered switches and 1 stabilizer:) Now time to hunt down the perfect keyset...

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #385 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 23:13:37 »
Sweet. Just ordered switches and 1 stabilizer:) Now time to hunt down the perfect keyset...
Wooooohoo! Thats the best build ;] Skeletor cough cough

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #386 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 23:30:11 »
Did you ever end up following through with those artisans that you commissioned? Just curious if we should be on the lookout :p

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #387 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 09:03:45 »
Not sure if I've already asked about this: there are cables included but are the cables all matched with the case color (i.e. cyan cable for cyan Pearl)? Or we're colored cables some extra things and the default is some black cable? I think I remember seeing cyan cables somewhere.

Thanks for all the hard work Koob. Can't wait!
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #388 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 10:04:20 »
Hey!! Great questions guys!

Did you ever end up following through with those artisans that you commissioned? Just curious if we should be on the lookout :p
I am. Things got a bit complicated with that. Komatoz, my artisan maker, was having issues casting the artisan chests because of time issues/equipment/weather. She teamed up with BoomSnap! Caps and he is finishing the casting/shooting. I have been keeping track of them as best as I can without micro managing anything, but BoomSnap! Caps is working on this as we speak and Komatoz is working on sending me auth cards/goodie bags. The giveaway receivers have already been randomly selected from all my order numbers and they will most likely receive the cap separately from their order, so don't expect anything yet!

Not sure if I've already asked about this: there are cables included but are the cables all matched with the case color (i.e. cyan cable for cyan Pearl)? Or we're colored cables some extra things and the default is some black cable? I think I remember seeing cyan cables somewhere.

Thank you as well! The majority of the cables are cyan, but I have a few in white, silver, red, gold and rose gold. I've tried to pack cables accordingly. Like if I'm packing a RG Pearl, I pack a RG cable. Red Pearl, red cable, silver Pearl white cable, etc. Purple Pearls will most likely have Gold or Cyan, Blue Pearls Cyan cable, Green Pearls, maybe white. I ordered these cables from a wholesaler and they didn't send me any black cables. 'Cry'

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #389 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 10:29:25 »
Also, shipped around 25 orders today. One was dropped off at USPS, the rest were dropped at a packmail service to be picked up later. The orders numbers were 1006 to->1037, with some of those not shipped and waiting a phone number from the customers. Other random orders were shipped also. I updated tracking via email and your PayPal order if applicable.

Expect them to arrive Thursday 2/22 or Friday 2/23, no signature required.

Jordi also sent me 2 acrylic plates today from Cali. I am hoping these work and are the final design so I can pull the trigger on making the rest. Stay tuned!

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #390 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 11:21:17 »

Saw that, yup! You're the best! I'll send you some build pics and such this weekend probably. Let me know if i can be of any help. Definitely excited to show this one off!
-Dana

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #391 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 12:14:12 »
Also, shipped around 25 orders today. One was dropped off at USPS, the rest were dropped at a packmail service to be picked up later. The orders numbers were 1006 to->1037, with some of those not shipped and waiting a phone number from the customers. Other random orders were shipped also. I updated tracking via email and your PayPal order if applicable.

Expect them to arrive Thursday 2/22 or Friday 2/23, no signature required.

Jordi also sent me 2 acrylic plates today from Cali. I am hoping these work and are the final design so I can pull the trigger on making the rest. Stay tuned!

Nice. I’m #1035, so hopefully I’m in that batch.

Offline Peiweisgreat

« Reply #392 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 12:29:33 »
I forget what my order number is, but it will be a nice surprise whenever I get my pearl in.

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #393 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 15:30:52 »

Thank you as well! The majority of the cables are cyan, but I have a few in white, silver, red, gold and rose gold. I've tried to pack cables accordingly. Like if I'm packing a RG Pearl, I pack a RG cable. Red Pearl, red cable, silver Pearl white cable, etc. Purple Pearls will most likely have Gold or Cyan, Blue Pearls Cyan cable, Green Pearls, maybe white. I ordered these cables from a wholesaler and they didn't send me any black cables. 'Cry'

I ordered a cyan Pearl40% so I will be just fine rocking a cyan cable. Thanks!
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #394 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 23:09:46 »
Very excited to see this :)
189303-0

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #395 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 23:19:30 »
Our boy jetpacktuxedo putting in work :) Still need to make that QMK guide x!

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #396 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 19:46:58 »
Hey there everyone! With the first batch of people receiving their boards tomorrow and Friday, i thought it best to update the
www.pearlboards.com/setup
page and just go ahead and remind everyone of a few tips. I hope that everyone enjoys their Pearls and they arrive safe. They aren't perfect, but i hope they are perfect enough for you!

1. When screwing in the 4 case screws, do them all slowly at the same time. Don't screw in one fully and then the next and then the next etc

2. Same with the plate! This prevents stripping.

3. If your brass plate is slightly bowed or bent, just apply a tiny bit of leverage and bend it back.

4. On the switchplate, the OPEN 2u top corner is where the backspace goes, if you can orient your plate correctly.

5. Do not touch brass with your bare hands or water. It will tarnish unevenly

6. Peel film off both sides of the plastic diffuser! I wrote "Peel" on the side that seems like it doesn't have a film, but it does :P

7. You can download the default hex files and both the windows and mac versions of BMC (Bootmapper client) on www.pearlboards.com/setup

8. This is the default flashed layout made by me and flashed using Bootmapper client

Thanks everyone! Keep me updated on your orders please :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 February 2018, 19:57:31 by Koobaczech »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #397 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 20:17:45 »
Still offering to buy a sweet sweet Pearl if anyone can stand to part with one

:thumb:

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #398 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 20:30:13 »
Can't wait to spend three weeks beating my head against a wall trying to get my custom layout flashed :))

Offline bminhz

« Reply #399 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 23:30:02 »
Hey there everyone! With the first batch of people receiving their boards tomorrow and Friday, i thought it best to update the
www.pearlboards.com/setup
page and just go ahead and remind everyone of a few tips. I hope that everyone enjoys their Pearls and they arrive safe. They aren't perfect, but i hope they are perfect enough for you!

1. When screwing in the 4 case screws, do them all slowly at the same time. Don't screw in one fully and then the next and then the next etc

2. Same with the plate! This prevents stripping.

3. If your brass plate is slightly bowed or bent, just apply a tiny bit of leverage and bend it back.

4. On the switchplate, the OPEN 2u top corner is where the backspace goes, if you can orient your plate correctly.

5. Do not touch brass with your bare hands or water. It will tarnish unevenly

6. Peel film off both sides of the plastic diffuser! I wrote "Peel" on the side that seems like it doesn't have a film, but it does :P

7. You can download the default hex files and both the windows and mac versions of BMC (Bootmapper client) on www.pearlboards.com/setup

8. This is the default flashed layout made by me and flashed using Bootmapper client
Show Image

Thanks everyone! Keep me updated on your orders please :)

this is the most dedicated gb I've ever been in! so much efforts put into the setup, build log and all. Glad to be a part of it.  :thumb: