Author Topic: [GB] 1.8mm and 2x3x4mm LEDs (and SIP sockets) - GB SHIPPED  (Read 14237 times)

Offline cynviloq

[GB] 1.8mm and 2x3x4mm LEDs (and SIP sockets) - GB SHIPPED
« on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 22:57:27 »
Update (8/7/17): All GB orders are shipped!!!

1.8mm and 2x3x4mm LEDS: https://mehkee.com/LEDGB

Group Buy for 1.8mm and 2x3x4mm LEDs and SIP Sockets
  • 1.8mm colors: Diffused White, Warm White, Purple, Blue, Sky Blue (!!!), Green, Yellow, Orange, Red
  • 2x3x4mm colors: Diffused White, Warm White, Blue
  • LEDs available in multiples of 100
  • Long and Short leg SIP sockets available in multiples of 200
  • Please see the link for color samples

(1.8mm with domed top pictured above)

Timeline
  • Group Buy Open: June 10 - June 30
  • Order submitted to manufacturer: July 1
  • Production: July 3 - July 26
  • LEDs ship to Mehkee: July 27 - August 2 (arriving 7/27)
  • LEDs ship to you: August 3 - August 7[<----Current Stage - DONE]

Shipping: available for domestic and international. Shipping rates are automatically calculated at checkout.

Please note that these dates are approximate and may fluctuate. All updates will be here, on www.mehkee.com, and the Discord channel.

For questions, please feel free to comment, PM, or e-mail us through the website (https://mehkee.com/pages/contact-us)

IC thread was here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=89052.0
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 August 2017, 12:37:50 by cynviloq »

Offline cynviloq

Re: [GB] 1.8mm and 2x3x4mm LEDs (and SIP sockets) - Open Until June 30th
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 21:38:33 »
Abbreviated Updates on Timeline

6/30: Group Buy for LED and SIP sockets is closed. Posting converted to pre-order.
7/1: Order submitted to manufacturing facility
7/13: LED production expected to finish on 7/19, about a week ahead of time. SIP sockets have arrived.
7/18: Production finished, customs data and export being prepared - estimated to leave facility on 7/21/17
7/24: LEDs shipped on 7/22, arriving to us end of day 7/27, shipping starts 7/31 (out of town 7/28-7/30, sorry!)
8/2: Tested, now sorting and shipping
8/7: All done - thank you everyone for helping make this GB a reality! I never want to sort this many LEDs again.

Some sample pics of the Sky Blue and UV:

« Last Edit: Mon, 07 August 2017, 12:36:06 by cynviloq »

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 21:39:12 »
GB thread now up - if you're looking for the original IC, please refer to this thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=89052.0

Thanks and still open for 2 weeks!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 22:50:29 »
What color to order...
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 22:26:06 »
Order placed.

I had to cut back slightly on my original IC, sorry about that.  A few large bills during the meanwhile have put a bit of a curb on my spending.

But 6 different colours ordered! :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 00:07:28 »
Order placed.

I had to cut back slightly on my original IC, sorry about that.  A few large bills during the meanwhile have put a bit of a curb on my spending.

But 6 different colours ordered! :D

No worries mate - thanks for your participation and helping us with the IC! IC is an IC - just get interest, particularly on which colors people liked to maximize the offering available!

Offline kconfire

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 00:12:34 »
Purchased! Thanks for the GB :)
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 19:09:32 »
Purchased! Thanks for the GB :)

Sweet - thanks for participating!

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 19:47:51 »
in for manyyyy leds~!! thanks for this, much needed  :-*
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 13:29:21 »
in for manyyyy leds~!! thanks for this, much needed  :-*

Thanks for joining!

I've got the manufacturer prepped to get final numbers on Friday and start production ASAP. A chance we can get them produced faster than expected and have them shipped out earlier than anticipated.

There will be extras available on the site for anyone who doesn't want to commit yet but still interested later this summer.

Additionally, if anyone/vendor wants to make larger orders (1000+ per color) for themselves, please PM me your desired quantity and I can let you know tiered discounts.

Offline alveeno

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 16:13:20 »
OMGGG SKY BLUEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 16:38:03 »
Will this be open on June 30th, or does it end midnight on the 29th? :s

I assume it's the former, but just like to check

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 19:52:27 »
Will this be open on June 30th, or does it end midnight on the 29th? :s

I assume it's the former, but just like to check

Ends June 30th at 11:59pm EST (US East).

I'll likely officially close the listing the next morning when I'm up then submit the order, but that's the "to be safe" deadline.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 16:46:03 »
Had to sit down, look at all my planned builds, and decide which color LED I'd want in each of them. :))

Finally put in my order though. Thanks for running this buy! :thumb:

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 22:27:54 »
Had to sit down, look at all my planned builds, and decide which color LED I'd want in each of them. :))

Finally put in my order though. Thanks for running this buy! :thumb:

Thanks for participating! About 24 hours (likely will close it the morning after) then will submit the order for manufacturing to start on Monday.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 15:41:53 »
Ordered  :thumb: Thanks!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [GB] 1.8mm and 2x3x4mm LEDs (and SIP sockets) - Order Submitted
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 21:49:48 »
Any vague idea of how many of each colour were ordered?

I understand if you'd prefer not release figures.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 22:44:24 »

He told me he ordered extras of each color, if that's what you're worried about.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 21:41:20 »

He told me he ordered extras of each color, if that's what you're worried about.

No - just vaguely curious how many (tens of?) thousand LEDs will be flying around as part of this GB.

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 13:29:07 »

No - just vaguely curious how many (tens of?) thousand LEDs will be flying around as part of this GB.

I don't have the individual numbers in front of me, but about 70K total LEDs were purchased (+ extras), about a quarter of it was Sky Blue.

Manufacturing has started on the order. Current lead time provided to me today is 10 days for production, a couple days for QC in the factory, then shipping out of China. So still on track, if not a few days early.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 21:33:36 »

I don't have the individual numbers in front of me, but about 70K total LEDs were purchased (+ extras), about a quarter of it was Sky Blue.

Manufacturing has started on the order. Current lead time provided to me today is 10 days for production, a couple days for QC in the factory, then shipping out of China. So still on track, if not a few days early.

:eek:

That's a lot of LEDs!

Thanks for the update :)

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 23:25:15 »
How do those numbers compare to what you expected based on the Interest Check?

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 11:46:39 »
How do those numbers compare to what you expected based on the Interest Check?

About 5x - but we also did not have Sky Blue ready with a sample produced during time of the IC.

I also expected about 3x of the IC since it wasn't cross-posted to Reddit. So it matched up pretty well with internal expectations.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 21:59:58 »
Not surprised so many of them were Sky Blue. A 1.8mm version has been something myself and many others have wanted for a very long time, and with the abundance of GMK sets lately I think we'll see more and more people abandoning other sizes entirely.

Looking forward to getting these in my hands =)

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 02:19:50 »
Small update - looks like production should be finished by mid next week (July 19th), about a week ahead of time.

If we have no issues with customs then GB orders will go out a week early!

SIP sockets have already arrived as well.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [GB] 1.8mm and 2x3x4mm LEDs (and SIP sockets) - In Production
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 21:46:31 »
Hooray!

Thanks for that :)

Offline cynviloq

Re: [GB] 1.8mm and 2x3x4mm LEDs (and SIP sockets) - Production Finished
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 13:43:27 »
7/18: production has finished - customs data and export packaging is being prepared!

Offline nugglets

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 16:52:24 »
7/18: production has finished - customs data and export packaging is being prepared!

Excellent =)

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 18:15:42 »
Its quite refreshing to see GB's finish faster, hopefully shipping will be fast like this too. By the way I saw something weird on Discord, can purple leds cause damage to ABS? (UV and stuff)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 21:37:53 »

That's more than a week early - excellent! :)

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 13:16:46 »
Its quite refreshing to see GB's finish faster, hopefully shipping will be fast like this too. By the way I saw something weird on Discord, can purple leds cause damage to ABS? (UV and stuff)

I have not heard this before, but I can neither confirm nor deny...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 16:21:48 »

They can cause a little yellowing in my experience, but nothing major.

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 20:19:38 »

Can they cause a color change in keycaps, for example on a GMK set?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 20:50:33 »

over an extremely long period of time, possibly, and probably only on the inside of the cap

likely about as much impact as regular sun exposure (i.e. if you have a window in your room)

although less so on GMK, my sets are the same color as when i bought them, and they basically sit in the sun all day

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 03:04:21 »

over an extremely long period of time, possibly, and probably only on the inside of the cap

likely about as much impact as regular sun exposure (i.e. if you have a window in your room)

although less so on GMK, my sets are the same color as when i bought them, and they basically sit in the sun all day

That's good to know, thanks a lot. GMK sure is awesome.

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 10:55:13 »
LEDs are set to arrive Thursday end of day - I'm out of town this weekend, but these will start shipping 7/31!

It's a ton of LEDs, so it will take a few days or so get through every order. Will be done in batches chronologically, so if you had an earlier order then you'll ship earlier.

Offline cynviloq

I lied! Unexpected hold in Kentucky for inspection by either the FDA (unlikely) or Department of Agriculture (more likely?):

Scans usually don't take that long for a box like this one, so would expect release today or tomorrow. Shipping likely to still commence on Monday but will keep everyone apprised.

Offline Cotay

I lied! Unexpected hold in Kentucky for inspection by either the FDA (unlikely) or Department of Agriculture (more likely?):

Show Image

Scans usually don't take that long for a box like this one, so would expect release today or tomorrow. Shipping likely to still commence on Monday but will keep everyone apprised.

I hope nothing living hitched a ride with the LEDs.  :)

Offline cynviloq

Show Image

I hope nothing living hitched a ride with the LEDs.  :)

:confused: :confused:

Hopefully not! In any case, it seems to have worked out:

So shipping will still commence on Monday, 7/31!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Thank you for the update.

Delays like this are out of your control but communication such as the above goes a long way towards keeping everyone informed of progress - very much appreciated :)

Offline cynviloq

Thank you for the update.

Delays like this are out of your control but communication such as the above goes a long way towards keeping everyone informed of progress - very much appreciated :)

No problem at all, would rather give live updates than disappear for a few weeks. A little goes a long way to build trust with everyone.

LEDs are in hand - have a bunch of normal Mehkee orders to catch up on (was gone for the weekend), but will start the testing, sorting, packing, and shipping tonight.

I would estimate that shipping of all orders can be completed by Thursday / Friday. Will start them in batches chronologically (earlier orders first).

Offline cynviloq

A lot of sorting going on today - very happy with how the Sky Blue and UV turned out. They were the two colors I was a bit worried about in making the 1.8mm version, but as you can see below, the color is vibrant (and super bright for the Sky Blue).

The pictures below are at 20mA.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Re: [GB] 1.8mm and 2x3x4mm LEDs (and SIP sockets) - Sorting / Shipping
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 14:31:20 »
:o

Cool

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 14:53:28 »
A lot of sorting going on today - very happy with how the Sky Blue and UV turned out. They were the two colors I was a bit worried about in making the 1.8mm version, but as you can see below, the color is vibrant (and super bright for the Sky Blue).

Show Image

Show Image

That UV will look godlike with any purple set, especially with the Laser.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:25:15 »
Quick update - ALMOST done sorting all the LEDs and SIP sockets. Only about 10% left which will be finished today and then I'll hopefully have all packages labeled by the end of the weekend and dropped off Monday.

Really sorry for the delay, there is not an excuse, it's just taken me longer than I expected to sort them all and I apologize for that.

About ~15% of orders have gone out but the rest will be done this weekend!

Thanks for your patience.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 20:20:03 »
Woo shipping notification!  Yay!

Thank you :D

Offline Cotay

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome news about the Sky Blue. I am going to use mine on a blue Varmilo VA68M I'm building with Aegean Sea caps from zFrontier.

Offline TomBodet

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 08:03:04 »
Really sorry for the delay, there is not an excuse, it's just taken me longer than I expected to sort them all and I apologize for that.

Your communication during the process has been tremendous.  Thank you.

Offline cynviloq

Re: [GB] 1.8mm and 2x3x4mm LEDs (and SIP sockets) - Shipped
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 12:33:00 »

Your communication during the process has been tremendous.  Thank you.

Thanks!

All GB orders and 99% of all Pre-Order packages have been labeled and will be dropped off today. Thank you all for your patience and hope to see some awesome pictures of the LEDs soon!

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
Re: [GB] 1.8mm and 2x3x4mm LEDs (and SIP sockets) - GB SHIPPED
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 13:12:35 »
My LEDs came in yesterday!  :thumb: