Author Topic: using AMJ40 USB1 port  (Read 2119 times)

Offline pabile

• pabile online
using AMJ40 USB1 port
« on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 00:47:20 »
So my AMJ40 acted up after a little over a month of daily use. I am getting "Unrecognized USB device" error on windows machines. I did some poking and it seemed something is wrong with its USB port.

What I wish to know now is check with you guys if anyone tried to use USB1 of the AMJ40 PCB? If so, are these the correct pin out?

1 Volt
2 D-
3 D+
4 ID
5 Grnd

Offline pabile

• pabile online
Re: using AMJ40 USB1 port
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 02:18:33 »
based on this information, i think i got my pin out right...
...it should be the other way around.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 03:40:18 »
I am getting "Unrecognized USB device" error on windows machines. I did some poking and it seemed something is wrong with its USB port.

What I wish to know now is check with you guys if anyone tried to use USB1 of the AMJ40 PCB? If so, are these the correct pin out?
See that header between C2 and R1/R2? That's likely to be a USB breakout. Flip the board over to see if it's labelled.
Know that the Unrecognized USB device error could be a USB 3.0 issue. Try and plug your board into a USB 2.0 port or through a USB 2.0 hub.

And mr. pabile is right about the pinout.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 September 2017, 03:42:19 by TalkingTree »
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline pabile

• pabile online
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 03:52:26 »
See that header between C2 and R1/R2? That's likely to be a USB breakout. Flip the board over to see if it's labelled.

oh! cool! did not noticed that... bad thing now is that i could not see the other side due to the soldered switches and plate. will try to ask the seller if i can have photos.

Know that the Unrecognized USB device error could be a USB 3.0 issue. Try and plug your board into a USB 2.0 port or through a USB 2.0 hub.

I only have USB 2.0 at work and home... :(

And mr. pabile is right about the pinout.
More
Show Image

thanks for the confirmation :)

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 06:16:27 »

oh! cool! did not noticed that... bad thing now is that i could not see the other side due to the soldered switches and plate. will try to ask the seller if i can have photos.
No need. The hole with the square pad (the rightmost) is likely to be the VCC, so you infer the rest from that. For extra safety you can use a multimeter to check continuity.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline pabile

• pabile online
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 22:07:01 »
thanks, Talkingtree

using multimeter confirms the breakout is alive! i was able to use this breakout for i while...

178447-0

... until i had trouble removing the existing usb port then for some reason, i was able to re-enforce solder joints and revived the whole board. typing on it right now   :D