Author Topic: [IC] TKC1800 Kit, QMK PCB, Plate (G80/G81 compatible) Official Announcement  (Read 36927 times)

Offline avtar

Will it be possible to buy a stock black case along with a painted one? If yes, how much will it cost?

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
  • Because You Need the Feels...
    • The Key Dot Company
Will it be possible to buy a stock black case along with a painted one? If yes, how much will it cost?

The cases are only for sale as a kit. In the future when I get more black cases in stock I will offer them for sale ala carte. So right now, it’s only possible if you buy 2 kits.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
Just updated the main page a bit. Sorry for the poor editing, Im scrambling to fix some back end issues on the product pages so we dont crash and everyone gets a fair chance to get what they want.

Good luck to all who join! Act fast, I think this is going to sell out fast.

Note: Black unpainted cases, PCBs, and Plates will NOT sell out. Painted ones will, and probably fast.

Offline avtar

Damn, the MX purple plate is already sold out?  :(

Offline Origami_Rabbit

On no! I'd been refreshing the preview page!!! And coca white is gone now. Dagnabbit!!!
BTW, can you describe the longevity of the paint? I may join v2 if it happens in the future for matte white case.
HHKB Pro JP Type-S with hasu alt controller
Leopold FC980c

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
On no! I'd been refreshing the preview page!!! And coca white is gone now. Dagnabbit!!!
BTW, can you describe the longevity of the paint? I may join v2 if it happens in the future for matte white case.

It is legit automotive paint, if you take care of it like you would take car of paint on a really nice car. It will last for a very, very long time.

Offline Kavik

I'm glad a couple of the colors sold out fast. I couldn't decide, and it helped me narrow it down  :))

I decided to go with orange.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Vigrith

Note: Black unpainted cases, PCBs, and Plates will NOT sell out. Painted ones will, and probably fast.

Quick question regarding the PCBs and plates, I may have missed something but I didn't actually see when the GB is meant to close - as in, what's the deadline to get orders in? Just checking since I'll probably pick up an extra plate and PCB depending on how long orders for those remain open.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company

Quick question regarding the PCBs and plates, I may have missed something but I didn't actually see when the GB is meant to close - as in, what's the deadline to get orders in? Just checking since I'll probably pick up an extra plate and PCB depending on how long orders for those remain open.

Im going to order quite a few PCBs so Ill probably just leave it open. Price may go up a touch once the order is placed. Safe bet, 2 weeks.

Did you get what you wanted, btw?

Offline clik_clak

I don't quite get the ordering structure...

If I try to add an orange plate with the case kit, I get a sold out message, but then I can go to the extras page and order any plate I want.

Is this by design?

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company

If I try to add an orange plate with the case kit, I get a sold out message, but then I can go to the extras page and order any plate I want.

Is this by design?

No. There was a bug earlier in the buy but it has since been resolved. What case / plate combo are you trying to order?

If you continue to get the issue, place your order, ignore the sold out thing at checkout and send me an email to orders@thekey.company and Ill get it resolved for you. I have to go home. Been at the office WAY too long today.

Offline Vigrith

Im going to order quite a few PCBs so Ill probably just leave it open. Price may go up a touch once the order is placed. Safe bet, 2 weeks.

Roger that, 2 weeks is plenty, I did get the case colour I wanted thank you for asking! I just stumbled and cut some corners whilst ordering and checking out to make sure I made it in time so I'll shoot you an email some time this weekend to square up a couple things. Or I can just PM you on Reddit again if that works for you? Would probably be easier, for me at least.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company

Roger that, 2 weeks is plenty, I did get the case colour I wanted thank you for asking! I just stumbled and cut some corners whilst ordering and checking out to make sure I made it in time so I'll shoot you an email some time this weekend to square up a couple things. Or I can just PM you on Reddit again if that works for you? Would probably be easier, for me at least.

Hey! I’m glad you got what you wanted!

Please send the email. I pay for Zendesk so I can keep track of customer issues and what not. PMs on here and Reddit just lead to people not getting what they need, and that’s not how I operate.

Drop me a line. I’ll get you squared away!

Offline Vigrith

Please send the email. I pay for Zendesk so I can keep track of customer issues and what not. PMs on here and Reddit just lead to people not getting what they need, and that’s not how I operate.

Yo! Absolutely man, I can see why it'd be way easier to keep track of several things from multiple customers via email/zendesk than PMs.

I'll reach out some time this weekend as said, very happy I managed to get the case I wanted right away - glad to see I still got it all these years later, big chunk of my life spent sniping Diablo 2 **** on d2jsp haha

Offline clik_clak

Is this by design?

No. There was a bug earlier in the buy but it has since been resolved. What case / plate combo are you trying to order?

If you continue to get the issue, place your order, ignore the sold out thing at checkout and send me an email to orders@thekey.company and Ill get it resolved for you. I have to go home. Been at the office WAY too long today.

Well that really sucks. I had a tanzanite blue in my cart, with an orange plate and it said the plate was out of stock. Cleared out my cart to get a different color and the blue case was gone. Checked a bit later with cocaine white and ran into the same problem. Now all the colors I want are gone, even though I tried several times to purchase. Pretty bummed about the whole situation.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company

Yo! Absolutely man, I can see why it'd be way easier to keep track of several things from multiple customers via email/zendesk than PMs.

I'll reach out some time this weekend as said, very happy I managed to get the case I wanted right away - glad to see I still got it all these years later, big chunk of my life spent sniping Diablo 2 **** on d2jsp haha

Oh man, when we first ran >Terminal_ we didnt have Zendesk, and Ill admit, we probably ticked a few people off. One of the reasons this company exists is because my partner and I wanted a company that was relatable, on the level, and actually provided stellar customer service. Zendesk is SO awesome for that. I wish it integrated into Reddit / GH. I mean, it actually could but it would be clunky as all hell.

Anyway, glad you got what you wanted! Sorry the shipping rates were higher than expected DHL raised their rates as of the 1st.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter

So are you going to get in more of the individual colors?  They went fast!

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company

Is this by design?

Well that really sucks. I had a tanzanite blue in my cart, with an orange plate and it said the plate was out of stock. Cleared out my cart to get a different color and the blue case was gone. Checked a bit later with cocaine white and ran into the same problem. Now all the colors I want are gone, even though I tried several times to purchase. Pretty bummed about the whole situation.

Yeah, it sucks. Ill do my best to accommodate you. Email me at orders@thekey.company and let me know what you want, and Ill do what I can to accommodate you. Sorry for the troubles.

Offline clik_clak

Yeah, it sucks. Ill do my best to accommodate you. Email me at orders@thekey.company and let me know what you want, and Ill do what I can to accommodate you. Sorry for the troubles.

Thanks man, I'm shooting you off an email now.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company

They sure did. Some colors sold out in a matter of a minute or so. (pink, cocaine, tanzanite). I have so many requests for Tanzanite that I have to place another order for those right away. I have orders in with the shop for a few more additional colors as well. Its just the process is pretty time consuming, and the shop can only do so many. There will be more, I promise!

Offline p_blaze

I'm really happy to hear this is going so well! I can't even imagine how much work went into making this happen...

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
I'm really happy to hear this is going so well! I can't even imagine how much work went into making this happen...

Thanks! It was a ridiculous amount of work, I assure you. Lots of let downs along the way, screw ups, etc.

The good thing is I learned alot about product design, made some awesome friends and colleagues along the way, and it came to fruition! In all, Im extremely happy with the project. Means alot you took the time to chime and and pass on the praise!

Offline Vigrith

Oh man, when we first ran >Terminal_ we didnt have Zendesk, and Ill admit, we probably ticked a few people off. One of the reasons this company exists is because my partner and I wanted a company that was relatable, on the level, and actually provided stellar customer service. Zendesk is SO awesome for that. I wish it integrated into Reddit / GH. I mean, it actually could but it would be clunky as all hell.

Anyway, glad you got what you wanted! Sorry the shipping rates were higher than expected DHL raised their rates as of the 1st.

Yea in a market and hobby/community like this being relatable, approachable and humane is the best way to conduct business in my opinion. Not necessarily from a financial point of view, if you're good to the people good things will come with. Good on you for doing that, I can tell you first hand that that has absolutely been my experience with you and your company thus far, and I appreciate that.

I expected the shipping to be between 35 to 40 to begin with, 30 always felt a little generous so I wasn't holding you to it, it's all good. The dollar is really weak right now so I understand them upping costs (I don't know if it's related to that but you know, either way) and it's really not too bad on my end - especially for DHL, it's always better service than USPS with valuable international orders from my experience.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter

They sure did. Some colors sold out in a matter of a minute or so. (pink, cocaine, tanzanite). I have so many requests for Tanzanite that I have to place another order for those right away. I have orders in with the shop for a few more additional colors as well. Its just the process is pretty time consuming, and the shop can only do so many. There will be more, I promise!

Thanks!  I'll be looking out (wanted metallic grey myself).

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company

Thanks!  I'll be looking out (wanted metallic grey myself).

Pretty sure theres a few B stock Metallic Grey left. The defects on that color are really hard to see. Id grab one of those up, I dont know if Ill run that color again.

Offline p_blaze

Thanks! It was a ridiculous amount of work, I assure you. Lots of let downs along the way, screw ups, etc.

The good thing is I learned alot about product design, made some awesome friends and colleagues along the way, and it came to fruition! In all, Im extremely happy with the project. Means alot you took the time to chime and and pass on the praise!

Hard work pays off! I really appreciate original and thoughtful new customs  ;D

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Please create a dedicated thread for the group buy instead of discussing it in the Interest Checks.  Thank you.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -