Author Topic: [GB] Duck Jetfire Kustom Keyboard - GB Closed - All Shipped!  (Read 120504 times)

Offline elton5354

Re: [GB] Duck Jetfire Kustom Keyboard - GB Closed - First 50 Shipping Soon!
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 18:36:56 »
When can we expect the last half to ship?

Last remaining orders will be shipped this week. Thank you all for your patience!

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 18:39:32 »

Last remaining orders will be shipped this week. Thank you all for your patience!

I love you
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline AlexG

« Reply #302 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 19:16:35 »

Hell yeah

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #303 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 21:55:20 »

Please let me hug you.

Also, thanks for the update. Can't wait to build!
b o a r d s

Offline MegalaDump

« Reply #304 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 21:59:37 »
This board is absolutely insane :eek:

193908-0
AL1 x2 | Southpaw extended 65 x2 | Southpaw Full Size x2 (when they ship) | TX-Cp x2 | Duck Jetfire | UK78 | Pearl 40 | TGR Alice | Doro67 (when it ships) | QXP (when it ships) | Singa Polycarb | ALF-x11 (when it ships)

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #305 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 22:01:16 »

(Attachment Link)
wow! The Enos matching the color scheme :ok_hand:

What are you using the key on the right of the Shift for?

Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline MegalaDump

« Reply #306 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 22:48:12 »

(Attachment Link)

Nothing yet, I probably could have just used the regular sized shift :rolleyes:
AL1 x2 | Southpaw extended 65 x2 | Southpaw Full Size x2 (when they ship) | TX-Cp x2 | Duck Jetfire | UK78 | Pearl 40 | TGR Alice | Doro67 (when it ships) | QXP (when it ships) | Singa Polycarb | ALF-x11 (when it ships)

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #307 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 22:50:07 »

(Attachment Link)

I am thinking about adding that key for my build as well.

Would you mind sharing a top down view of your board?
Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline MegalaDump

« Reply #308 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 23:00:50 »

(Attachment Link)

I am thinking about adding that key for my build as well.

Would you mind sharing a top down view of your board?

Sure man no problem:
193912-0

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #309 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 23:24:13 »
Sure man no problem:
(Attachment Link)

That is gorgeous! I am kicking myself for missing this one!

Offline JDragon

« Reply #310 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 01:37:32 »
Ok, have my board built, but the software won't recognize it - something about DFU not found? Anyone know what I'm screwing up?

Do you have atmel flip installed?  Do you have the newest version of O2D?  You also need to hold a key while plugging the board in to get it into DFU mode.  Normally ESC or Caps Lock.

I have Flip installed, holding Esc and Caps Lock both didn't work for getting it into DFU mode.

Offline MegalaDump

« Reply #311 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 10:58:07 »
Ok, have my board built, but the software won't recognize it - something about DFU not found? Anyone know what I'm screwing up?

Do you have atmel flip installed?  Do you have the newest version of O2D?  You also need to hold a key while plugging the board in to get it into DFU mode.  Normally ESC or Caps Lock.

I have Flip installed, holding Esc and Caps Lock both didn't work for getting it into DFU mode.

Hold down the topmost key above the arrow keys as shown here for like 2 seconds while plugging the board in:
193944-0

Offline JDragon

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 02:13:32 »

Hold down the topmost key above the arrow keys as shown here for like 2 seconds while plugging the board in:
(Attachment Link)

Thanks! I think that put it into bootloader mode (none of the layer LEDs lit up), but I still get a DFU programmer not found error even with it in bootloader mode. I have Flip installed, do I need to do anything else with it? My O2D keymapper version is 1.12.675 if that matters also.

Offline MegalaDump

« Reply #313 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 10:24:56 »

(Attachment Link)

Thanks! I think that put it into bootloader mode (none of the layer LEDs lit up), but I still get a DFU programmer not found error even with it in bootloader mode. I have Flip installed, do I need to do anything else with it? My O2D keymapper version is 1.12.675 if that matters also.

Have you installed the proper drivers for the board? In device manager, when you enter bootloader mode, you should see a device show up as Atmega32U4 if you have the proper driver installed. For more detailed instructions, I'll link the page I used to make sense of this process:
http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=364613&mid=board_sw
Just be sure to translate the page ;)

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #314 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 08:00:30 »

Have the remaining 50 shipped yet? Week's almost over  :p
b o a r d s

Offline JDragon

« Reply #315 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 12:28:45 »

(Attachment Link)

Have you installed the proper drivers for the board? In device manager, when you enter bootloader mode, you should see a device show up as Atmega32U4 if you have the proper driver installed. For more detailed instructions, I'll link the page I used to make sense of this process:
http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=364613&mid=board_sw
Just be sure to translate the page ;)

Thanks so much! That guide got me up and running. Really appreciate the help. :)

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #316 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 09:03:02 »
Any updates on second batch ? We are almost 2 weeks later with still no word. Please and thankyou

Offline MrTq

« Reply #317 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 10:36:12 »
Any updates on second batch ? We are almost 2 weeks later with still no word. Please and thankyou
Same here. Where is my JF?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline elton5354

« Reply #318 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 20:08:03 »

Tracking is up for the rest of the orders. Sorry for the slight delay.

You can check your tracking# here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/2/d/e/2PACX-1vSazkNolqFqOpKfF6-DcPiUdIm0C9QzSza6sLSQlCmJTSr1RA2TmeKOxD20NLS9oCufUzxgrCkc9vQ-/pubhtml?gid=831042299&single=true
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 April 2018, 20:13:37 by elton5354 »

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #319 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 21:06:09 »

You can check your tracking# here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/2/d/e/2PACX-1vSazkNolqFqOpKfF6-DcPiUdIm0C9QzSza6sLSQlCmJTSr1RA2TmeKOxD20NLS9oCufUzxgrCkc9vQ-/pubhtml?gid=831042299&single=true

LETS ****ING GO!!
Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline ihalatch

Re: [GB] Duck Jetfire Kustom Keyboard - GB Closed - All Shipped!
« Reply #320 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 21:10:23 »
I've got a question. What's the polarity of the in switch LEDs holes and the indicator LEDs holes? It's not been specified on the PCB. I remember from my Duck Lightsaver V3 in=switch LEDs: (+, -) and the other (-, +)?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #321 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 21:32:45 »
I've got a question. What's the polarity of the in switch LEDs holes and the indicator LEDs holes? It's not been specified on the PCB. I remember from my Duck Lightsaver V3 in=switch LEDs: (+, -) and the other (-, +)?

just test it without soldering, that's the advice i got
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Petch

« Reply #322 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 04:19:14 »
Look at the silkscreen around each LED point. Round side is positive, flat is negative

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #323 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 06:47:52 »

LETS ****ING GO!!

HYPE HYPE HYPE
b o a r d s

Offline glack23

« Reply #324 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 22:29:56 »
mailday!! i am in Batch 2 (Asia).

Offline AlexG

« Reply #325 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 11:41:40 »
I'm part of the second batch. This beauty showed up today. (I'm in Ohio)

Edit: This thing went from Korea to my doorstep in less than 36 hours. That's pretty incredible.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 April 2018, 11:49:41 by AlexG »

Offline buzzking00

« Reply #326 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 13:23:27 »
Anyone know the dimensions of the Jetfire compared to the TX-1800?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #327 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 14:20:44 »

jetfire a little smaller
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #328 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 14:24:19 »

jetfire a little smaller

something about this tickles me :))

Jetfire is 20.5x6.25 units (~390x119mm), whereas TX1800 is 20.5x7.25u (~390x138mm), so add bezel thickness onto that.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #329 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 14:38:25 »

jetfire a little smaller

something about this tickles me :))

Jetfire is 20.5x6.25 units (~390x119mm), whereas TX1800 is 20.5x7.25u (~390x138mm), so add bezel thickness onto that.

in terms of depth, tx is much bigger, 2 rows above the numpad rather than 1 like here, and there's much more space between the alphas and the f row

in terms of width, they're pretty close, haven't been able to get proper measurements for jetfire yet so we'll see

jetfire probably taller too, since the angle is higher than TX

Offline breitling

« Reply #330 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 12:03:53 »
Got mine today in Canada. Not sure what batch. Looks awesome.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
Re: [GB] Duck Jetfire Kustom Keyboard - GB Closed - Awaiting Production
« Reply #331 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 09:17:16 »
Hello All... I'm going to try to tackle a weight project. No guarantees yet, but I've reached out to Duck and Elton to see if there's a chance at getting the weight files to start from. Also been chatting with Merlin because he did a great job with the Blackbird weights and don't want to step on his toes, he's all good with it- has other projects of his own going, so I'll see what we can do with some weights here.  :thumb:

I'll post updates and if it all goes forward/ post a proper IC/ GB because I would plan to do weights for Eagle/ Viper as well as Jetfire to do it all in one fell swoop (and not clutter the board threads). Fingers crossed.

How are those weights coming along?

Howdy- quite well actually. Trying to make a choice between a few manufacturers I've been talking with so prices are a bit more dialed-in, but am hoping to put up IC yet this week. Definitely happening soon, hang in there!  :thumb:

Any update on the weight GB?
Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline AlexG

« Reply #332 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 10:59:40 »
quietest keyboard I've ever used.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #333 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 04:47:42 »
Can you please give me a hex o2d file as an example? My o2d version doesn't have a Jetfire option. If you know a link to the latest o2d can you please post it?
It's all good I've been a lazy bum. I just need to read before I start panicking. I got the latest version http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_sw&document_srl=100301, see Elton's FAQ :)

Offline glack23

« Reply #335 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 09:00:43 »
Quick check . Is this normal?

Front

Back

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 May 2018, 09:03:28 by glack23 »

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #336 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 09:01:45 »
Quick check . Is this normal?
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Yes, thats the back/bottom of the STS plate.

Offline glack23

« Reply #337 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 09:14:53 »

Yes, thats the back/bottom of the STS plate.
[/quote]

What about the mark on the top left of the front plate.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #338 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 09:19:06 »
not normal but you won't ever see that when the board is assembled.
Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #339 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 17:11:09 »
not normal but you won't ever see that when the board is assembled.

actually it's common on duck plates, since they're laser cut

but as you said, won't be seen when the board is assembled, so it doesn't matter

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #340 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 21:23:53 »
Is it possible to have "CAPS LOCK" and Num Lock" in-switch LEDs turn off and on as they should on other keyboards? I've been looking in google translated 02d manual pages and getting really frustrated with the lack of any explanation.

Offline AlexG

« Reply #342 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 10:54:40 »
Anyone have an extra PCB / plate they're wanting to offload?

Offline kidcongo

« Reply #343 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 03:13:06 »
Got mine at the weekend, quickly tested the PCB and the num pad isn't registering the correct keys, does it not ship with a default layout?
Had a quick look at O2D but didn't have time to try and decipher it, not beginner friendly...

Edit. Nevermind, I was being a dope..
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 04:02:25 by kidcongo »

Offline xauser

« Reply #344 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 12:23:14 »
Last week I had some time and added tmk support for winkeyless b.87 and duck jetfire pcbs to my repo. It's a first shot and not much tested but both boards work fine so far. I guess you'll see qmk ports soon. Have fun with your boards!

https://github.com/xauser/tmk_keyboard/tree/xauser

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #345 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 12:25:29 »
Last week I had some time and added tmk support for winkeyless b.87 and duck jetfire pcbs to my repo. It's a first shot and not much tested but both boards work fine so far. I guess you'll see qmk ports soon. Have fun with your boards!

https://github.com/xauser/tmk_keyboard/tree/xauser

Can you send your data to Mechmerlin for QMK port? He has done a whole bunch of Duck boards in the past and wants to do Jetfire as well.
Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline xauser

« Reply #346 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 12:30:23 »
The code is public and can be found in the repo link above, that's all what's needed.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #347 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 12:30:52 »
The code is public and can be found in the repo link above, that's all what's needed.

You are the best! Thanks!
Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline cirrus82

« Reply #348 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 14:41:58 »
Elton, is it possible to purchase an extra acrylic lip?

The tolerance on mine seemed a little off. I had to apply pressure to get it to fit (after trying for quite a while to align it delicately). It snapped. Warning to others: if it doesn't fit, you may need to broaden the hole a little.

https://imgur.com/a/kc5uY95

Offline cucgach

« Reply #349 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 12:59:27 »
noob question here :)

What are those led indicators for? i haven't solder any led there :)

196365-0
Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly