Author Topic: comfortable computer chair from staples.ca?  (Read 4230 times)

Offline cnnx

comfortable computer chair from staples.ca?
« on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 07:00:08 »
Any of you can recommend a really comfortable chair for computer use I can buy at staples.ca? I tried the fancy aerons last year but decided for the money its not that comfrtable, maybe i can spend 300-400$ at staples.

Offline Darkshado

Re: comfortable computer chair from staples.ca?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 13:46:21 »
If the Aerons weren't that comfortable, but you're still ok with spending a bit more for quality, I've been pretty happy with my ErgoCentric for the last week or so. There's a couple more brands out there, check locally for "ergo" focused places, more so than "furniture" stores, and go from there.

If budget is more of a constraint, you should be able to find something there, but durability won't be the same. And whatever you do, stay away from non-breathing faux-leather.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:01:49 by Darkshado »

Offline cnnx

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 21:19:47 »
This is my current chair, if I could find the same one again new I would buy it again, it has lasted me for 9-10 years and I don't know what brand or model it is or where I bought it from, I thought it was from staples but they couldn't find it.  If anyone has seen this chair or knows a very similar one where I can buy it new please tell me. Solid metal base, firm non loose arm rests padded with some sort of cushion are qualities of this chair I like.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 January 2016, 21:23:25 by cnnx »

Offline studentben

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 18:09:39 »
You could check out the ikea chair the Markus. It has amazing reviews, and I plan to get one to replace my current chair eventually...

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90289172/

Offline cnnx

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 18:15:12 »
thanks but I ended up buying the aeron!

Offline Darkshado

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:02:42 »
What made you change your mind?

Offline cnnx

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 22:17:27 »
approval of a family member to spend that much on a chair :) and fed up of this one, it hurts

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 20:57:22 »
Rather than searching for the perfect ergonomic chari, I always recommend trying out a standing workstation with a tall chair or stool you can sit in if you become tired of standing.  For me personally that has been the best option.  In addition, I don't think the human body was meant to sit all day long, which is why I recommend trying out a standing workstation.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline skitty

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 22:11:26 »
Rather than searching for the perfect ergonomic chari, I always recommend trying out a standing workstation with a tall chair or stool you can sit in if you become tired of standing.  For me personally that has been the best option.  In addition, I don't think the human body was meant to sit all day long, which is why I recommend trying out a standing workstation.

Standing desks can get pretty expensive though. At least the ones that are adjustable.

I did buy a cheap standing desk from Ikea though and I love it so far. I kept my normal desk so I just switch to it when I get tired of standing.