Author Topic: [IC] zekk.works RBB - "Seamless"+"Screwless" F13 TKL (Update 7/31, Raffle SOON™)  (Read 67108 times)

Offline FamilyJoule924

Re: [IC] zekk.works RBB - "Seamless"+"Screwless" F13 TKL
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 14:39:46 »
find it messed up 25 /75 are FnF only it is limited as is

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
Re: [IC] zekk.works RBB - "Seamless"+"Screwless" F13 TKL
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 23:00:24 »
Hey everyone!

Sorry for letting this fester in the deep pages of Geekhack since August. Around that time I was also looking for a new job, ended up moving to another state, as well as got fully involved in the new job. A lot more is asked of me in this new position so I've made a few decisions (some of this has already been shared in my Discord server, but since this is getting up and running again I want to make sure to update this thread as well).

It's become glaringly obvious, especially after sitting on Ogre extras for a year (just completed -___-), that my day job (as well as the downtime following the workday) takes too much time for me to be able to manage a group buy like I did with Ogre.

popkorn from Mekibo showed some early interest in the board (as well as sharing a love of Red Velvet) and has agreed to run the group buy! I'm super appreciative of this and we'll be able to produce more units (within reason for Mekibo, i.e. not unlimited) to make sure my designs are able to reach more of your desks.

The Plan

As most of you know, during the Lunar New Year holiday, what seems like the entirety of China shuts down for a portion February. Our factory will resume regular work in about 2 weeks so when that happens we'll be doing a few things:

• Ordering a new round of RBB prototypes. These will be built by a couple streamers (will announce who and when in the future).
  • Color IC was pretty heavily leaning towards red, TBD if there will be different color options.
  • Group buy currently slated for ~April 2022, 100-200 units.

Having already completed, prototyped, and assembled the design personally, I'm fairly confident in the functionality of the design. However as there have been a couple small things that have changed since the initial prototype, it'll be nice to see how those changes work in practice (ex: bigger USB hole for different cables, removal of unnecessary cuts in both plates, and other tiny quality-of-life changes).

I'll also be updating the first post of this thread to be more aligned with the current plans for group buy.

Discord

More info about and renders of RBB can be found (and more will be shared as time goes on) in my Discord server, but going forward this thread will be updated as well. I'll do my best to reply to questions or whatever in this thread but I will most likely respond faster if asked through Discord.

Information and teasers for future projects such as OV (successor to Irene, also through Mekibo, to run at some point after RBB) and my full-size design (through Switchmod.net) can also be found in my Discord server!
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 August 2022, 10:19:37 by zekkin »

Offline dariannn

Re: [IC] zekk.works RBB - "Seamless"+"Screwless" F13 TKL (Vendor Confirmed)
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 04 February 2022, 00:55:20 »
I am very excited for this

Offline DubbTom

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 04 February 2022, 01:31:57 »
Great to hear you were able to figure something out that allows you to focus more on the design side but also increase the public unit count. The jump from 25 to 100-200 public units will hopefully bring raffle odds into the low single digits!
poker II

Offline totoro3

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 08:33:51 »
yesss lets make it 200 for ddeulgi

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
Wew, interest check updated! We back!

New info in the main post!

Offline o3okevin

let's gooooo

Offline ConfuseBill

Any information on the payment method for raffle winners?

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
Any information on the payment method for raffle winners?

anything but paypal. I will invoice winners via mekibo storefront.
==============
https://mekibo.com/