Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Rin | GB 3/11 - 4/11 | Pricing, Collab Previews & Deskmat Samples!  (Read 55415 times)

Offline Jennisaurus

Re: [IC] ePBT Rin
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 00:06:08 »
I don't know how I missed the post, but a couple hopefully helpful comments: colours and novelties turned out really well- I particularly like how you managed to hit a good middle ground between muting the colours but making sure they have the punch to stand up on their own. Novelties generally look good. I think the ones I have trouble with is the spaceship- I know its true to the one in the video, but it just doesn't really read as it right away. Sort of more like a fish or a whale to me? The tablet as well, as mentioned by others could use a bit more definition, perhaps a 'reflection' or some extra detail to help hint at its function better?

But otherwise the set looks great, and GLWIC!

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'm currently reworking the novelties, so some of those things will definitely be addressed in version 2.0 of the novelties :)

Offline Jennisaurus

Re: [IC] ePBT Rin | Vendors Announced!!
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 12:49:39 »
Update 2021-05-08
 - Vendors announced!

Hi everyone! Thank you to everyone who has commented for your support and kind words!
Vendors are now announced and I am currently working on some changes to the set for the next big update, so stay tuned!

In Progress:
 - Collabs (artisan & cable)
 - Deskmat revamp
 - Novelties revamp
 - Renders revamp
 - Pantone chips for NEW Coated colours ordered!
 - New kits/kitting changes

Offline Avijit

Re: [IC] ePBT Rin | Vendors Announced!!
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 16:42:09 »
Nice
The set looks great, glad that Apex is the Canadian vendor

Offline Jennisaurus

Re: [IC] ePBT Rin | UPDATE - Revamped Novelties and Deskmats!!
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 12:01:02 »
Hi everyone! Thank you to everyone who had filled out the IC form! I have revamped the novelties and deskmat designs based on the feedback I had received so I would love to hear what you guys think about these new designs! I have updated the IC with these new designs as well :)

2 out of the 4 Pantone chips are on their way. I also have a few collabs locked in and just waiting on a few more before I reveal them in the next update!

Offline jewleeuhn

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 18:12:23 »
Get porter’s blessing sounds like the biggest hurdle. I’ll show him this thread when i see him at second sky lmao
Brutal60 | GS6O | IU | Mc65 | 2.0add

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 18:15:36 »
Get porter’s blessing sounds like the biggest hurdle. I’ll show him this thread when i see him at second sky lmao

LOOOL yeah if you see him, can you just show him my post, tyvm XD
But yes, I am still trying to figure out how I can reach him/get this to him. Maybe if I can get enough retweets....

Also, as a Canadian, I am very sad that the "North American" tour is just the US ;-; But have fun!!

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 20:10:32 »
Yay loving the update !

-Big fan of the new novelties. Would it be possible to have a R2 1.5u novelty (in red and blue if possible) for split backspace users? (I feel we are quite a lot).
-New mats are really cute. Personally I would have liked to see Rin in her room on the 2nd mat, maybe on her bed or something. And on the swing on the 3rd mat.
-3 Spacebars kit is maybe a bit much. Maybe consider removing the Alpha spacebars kit and adding alice support in base kit (like Origami).

Hoping to see some Metal Artisans soon (Rama, Thok etc)

:thumb:

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 20:39:26 »
Yay loving the update !

-Big fan of the new novelties. Would it be possible to have a R2 1.5u novelty (in red and blue if possible) for split backspace users? (I feel we are quite a lot).
-New mats are really cute. Personally I would have liked to see Rin in her room on the 2nd mat, maybe on her bed or something. And on the swing on the 3rd mat.
-3 Spacebars kit is maybe a bit much. Maybe consider removing the Alpha spacebars kit and adding alice support in base kit (like Origami).

Hoping to see some Metal Artisans soon (Rama, Thok etc)

:thumb:

Thank you so much for the feedback!
In my next update (once I get my new renders), I will be adjusting the spacebars kit and I will be splitting them up into just 2 kits, one for the longer spacebars and one mini bars kit :)
In terms of novelties, I wanted to have the spaceship as the backspace (for the pun and for other reasons) but I wouldn't mind adding an extra two 1.5u keys in R2 (or I guess R3 in my labelling) for split backspace users! I'll have to see the cost difference it makes before I make the final decision, but thank you for bringing it up!
In terms of the deskmats, I might try and merge the old Rin design with the new one to get a mix of her in her room and the pixels, but I'll have to play around with it and see how it turns out.

Thanks again for all the great feedback! ^^

Oh and I'm working on some metal artisan ideas currently, so I can't wait to reveal them in a later update!

Offline Nutty

• Twitch
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 17:33:45 »
I really like this! I've been keeping my eyes away from IC's for my wallet's sake, but this, I have to get. I absolutely love it!
【=◈︿◈=】

Offline JKKEEBS

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 18:13:05 »
Feel like I've seen this somewhere else.... many many times....

Offline Cujo26

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 14:59:25 »
I like this! The deskmats are gorgeous and the colour palette is so gentle :D
Please help I am trapped in your computing device

[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112457.0]

Offline GLOVE

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 20:42:34 »
Looks very cute, pink with little care

Offline Madzuka

• 메즈카
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 15:02:42 »
This set is so cute, I love the colors & it also kind of reminds me of Monika from DDLC. Kinda of want it for that reason now lmao 🥺. That would be cute to see a DDLC themed keyset in the future!
Q2hyeXNhbnRoZW11bQ

Offline keebieweeb

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 06:59:11 »
is this set dead? :( the colours are perfecto  :thumb:

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 12:38:01 »
is this set dead? :( the colours are perfecto  :thumb:

Thank you! And noo, still working on it!! I am just waiting for a few things but I will be announcing collabs and the GB date very very soon!! Apologies for the lack of updates recently ><

Offline Jennisaurus

Re: [IC] ePBT Rin | HUGE UPDATE - Collabs, Moar Vendors, GB Date AND STICKER!!
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 15:02:16 »
Updated post with the GB date, collabs, Pantone chip pics, 2 new vendors and a sticker design!
Up next will be updating the kit renders, adding more board renders and finalizing the artisan designs and sleeve designs! I will also post exact GB dates once I have them!

Offline Serval

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 15:05:53 »
Looking forward to gb!

Offline kychiii

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 15:13:43 »
I love this set so much, really looking forward to the GB!

Offline BanditTree

Re: [IC] ePBT Rin | HUGE UPDATE - Collabs, Moar Vendors, GB Date and Sticker!!
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 16:09:08 »
"I know I'm not alone, you'll be watching over us" with this beautiful set <3 Can't wait to get it!

My only recommendation since there is quite some time until the projected group buy would be to refine the novelties a bit; I can't quite pinpoint what it is, but the Rin's ship and tablet novelties feel like they're missing something to really define them.

Could just be me though! Either way, so stoked for this both because of the beautiful work you've done and how much I love the source of the sets inspiration. See you in March!

Offline keebieweeb

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 17:25:32 »
Yes!!!! Super excited for this - thank you for all the hard work and TLC you’ve given to this set

Offline marshmellohs

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 13:54:10 »
Love the new deskmats and excited to see all the collabs!

Offline Saru

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 14:00:18 »
The desk mats are so cute! Looking forward to the gb.

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 16:30:35 »
Love the new deskmats and excited to see all the collabs!

I love this set so much, really looking forward to the GB!

Yes!!!! Super excited for this - thank you for all the hard work and TLC you’ve given to this set

Looking forward to gb!

The desk mats are so cute! Looking forward to the gb.

Thank you everyone for the support!! It means so much to me that you guys are so excited to see this come to life and I will do my best to make sure it meets everyone's expectations T-T

"I know I'm not alone, you'll be watching over us" with this beautiful set <3 Can't wait to get it!

My only recommendation since there is quite some time until the projected group buy would be to refine the novelties a bit; I can't quite pinpoint what it is, but the Rin's ship and tablet novelties feel like they're missing something to really define them.

Could just be me though! Either way, so stoked for this both because of the beautiful work you've done and how much I love the source of the sets inspiration. See you in March!

Thank you so much for the support and for the feedback! I have definitely gotten comments that the spaceship novelty doesn't look like a spaceship. It is very roughly based on the one from the video, but I wanted to put my own spin on it so that it isn't copying it exactly. I will try and see what I can add/change to the novelties to make them a bit clearer, but I don't plan on having any drastic changes from now til the GB :) Hope this helps!

Offline GoldenBoy

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 14:10:55 »
Can't wait for this! The GF and I went got to see him live a few weeks ago <3

Was wondering if you considered making a Nurture-themed set in the future?

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 00:26:06 »

Thank you so much! Ahhh that sounds amazing! Seeing all the videos, it looked like such a good time! Porter pls come to Canada T-T
In terms of a Nurture themed set, I definitely thought about it! I will have to see about colour scheme and also what novelties there can be (maybe like a CD, cherry blossoms, a lil ghosty boi etc to represent the songs?), but I also want to be careful I am not stepping on any IP infringements with anything, so we will have to see if that will be a future set or not :P

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 09:41:34 »
That's a very comprehensive base kit. You can drop the following keys without much detriment to the kit's coverage or usefulness (R1 = top/number row, R4 = bottom/shift row):
  • mod-colored R1 1u \|む (also the one in alt alphas)
  • mod-colored R1 1u `~ー
  • R1 1u (Backspace)
  • second R4 1u Ctrl
All of these are: a) seldom used keys, for which  b) there are already appropriate alternatives present in the kit.

In their place, I suggest adding an accent-colored (blue) F13 key, and a R4 1u Code key.

I also suggest changing the R3 1.75u Control key to use an icon legend () so it fits in better with the other icon mods.

Consider adding a R1 1u = key to the numpad kit.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 November 2021, 19:38:20 by konstantin »

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 22:32:31 »
That's a very comprehensive base kit. You can drop the following keys without much detriment to the kit's coverage or usefulness (R1 = top/number row, R4 = bottom/shift row):
  • mod-colored R1 1u \|む (also the one in alt alphas)
  • mod-colored R1 1u `~ー
  • R1 1u (Backspace)
  • second R4 1u Ctrl
All of these are: a) seldom used keys, for which  b) there are already appropriate alternatives present in the kit.

In their place, I suggest adding an accent-colored (blue) F13 key, and a R4 1u Code key.

I also suggest changing the R3 1.75u Control key to use an icon legend () so it fits in better with the other icon mods.

Consider adding a R1 1u = key to the numpad kit.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I will definitely incorporate some of these revisions in the next iteration of renders :)
Just for my understanding, what is the R4 1u code key for (just the 1, in the accent colour?) and why is the 1u backspace key not needed in the base kit?
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 November 2021, 00:20:30 by Jennisaurus »

Offline GoldenBoy

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 00:16:07 »

Thank you so much! Ahhh that sounds amazing! Seeing all the videos, it looked like such a good time! Porter pls come to Canada T-T
In terms of a Nurture themed set, I definitely thought about it! I will have to see about colour scheme and also what novelties there can be (maybe like a CD, cherry blossoms, a lil ghosty boi etc to represent the songs?), but I also want to be careful I am not stepping on any IP infringements with anything, so we will have to see if that will be a future set or not :P

Sounds like it would be a banger set already! But in the meantime, I'll throw my full support behind ePBT Rin. Fingers crossed that GB comes soon! :)

Offline soundstage

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 12 November 2021, 11:15:13 »
Is the key caps double shot with backlight support? You have not mentioned in your OP, hence asking.

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 12 November 2021, 15:34:46 »
Is the key caps double shot with backlight support? You have not mentioned in your OP, hence asking.

Dyesub, no shinethru legends

Offline Jennisaurus

Re: [IC] ePBT Rin | NEW Kitting and Renders Update!
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 14:19:16 »
Happy holidays everyone! I'm excited to reveal the final kits and updated renders for Rin!
We are still working on collab designs/renders and I will be giving some sneak peeks at the sleeve design on my discord and making changes based on feedback so please join my discord server if you want to take a look! I am also finalizing the GB dates and I know it will run from March - April but just trying to get the exact dates before I announce it officially :) 
Thanks everyone for your support and patience!

Offline CookieFlow

Re: [IC] ePBT Rin | NEW Kitting and Renders Update!
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 14:52:07 »
Good update, looking forward to the GB :thumb:

Also excited for the Melonkeys collab, time to pray to get that W on the DMG

Offline Jennisaurus

Hi everyone!! I am so excited that the GB starts THIS FRIDAY!!
A lot has changed since my last update so apologies for not commenting for them! But the latest version of the post contains collab previews, deskmat samples, initial pricing from a couple vendors and more! Also, there is a new SEA vendor due to the previous vendor pulling out from external GBs for the time being, but they are still able to fulfill the Metal Artisan (if it hits MOQ), so rest assured!
I'm so so grateful for everyone's support on this and I can't wait to see it in GB finally!

Offline HenrikTJ

FINALLY a gmk darling-ish / epbt superstar-ish set that supports NORDE. Easy purchase!