Author Topic: [IC] GMK Prussian Blue - GB Indefinitely Postponed  (Read 50715 times)

Offline acerb

Re: [IC] GMK Prussian Blue - GB Indefinitely Postponed
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 03:39:00 »
Would those be Double Shot? Sorry for my ignorance of the SP DCS molds...
||

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 05:56:42 »
Would those be Double Shot? Sorry for my ignorance of the SP DCS molds...

DCS is available in both dyesub and doubleshot. This set would be doubleshot ABS.

Offline jtqx

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 12:19:29 »
My understanding is that SP is already planning to create convex moulds for short bars in DCS, but the timeline for that is slow. It took them quite a while to get bars made for SA, and I donít know whether DCS or DSA is their next priority.

Not sure if alice bars will be kept for the DCS base kit but I'm here to suggest they should not be.

I acknowledge that buying these bars in a separate kit will be more costly for those who want it.
However, I personally, as a user of layouts that require the short spacebars, will never use non-convex spacebars. I do think that this sentiment is shared by the majority. Non-convex spacebars are weird, and I might as well be using my shift keys. The difference between it being blank and having legends is negligible to me because it is already in a wrong profile.
Happy to be proven wrong with stats from any ICs because these are just based on my observations.

Therefore, I think in the climate of the high prices of DCS/SP base kits, and the rising USD, its better if base kits can be less bloated to reduce costs.

Of course, the best case is to have convex moulds available, in which case I would love for it to be included. But as you said, timelines are long and it will likely not be done in time for this GB.
Big boys: JER1800, Cypher, IBM Model M, W1-AT
TKLs: F1-88, F1-8x_722, F2-84, EO87, Matrix ME, IBM 'SSK', Bias, NCR80
Small boys: HHKB Pro 2, KWa.6, Maggio
Others: Praxis, LZ Phase, Sagittarius

65% and 75% bad

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #203 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 12:59:21 »
Not sure if alice bars will be kept for the DCS base kit but I'm here to suggest they should not be.

Decisions of this sort will be made based on actual quotes.  While concave blanks are clearly not optimal for use as short bars, there are many who would want them anyway in lieu of just using Shift keys or the like.  Until I get actual quotes back, however, it is not clear whether they'll work best as part of a base mods kit versus a separate spacebar kit.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 14:28:57 »

Decisions of this sort will be made based on actual quotes.  While concave blanks are clearly not optimal for use as short bars, there are many who would want them anyway in lieu of just using Shift keys or the like.  Until I get actual quotes back, however, it is not clear whether they'll work best as part of a base mods kit versus a separate spacebar kit.

neither here nor there but it was a pretty small difference in the dark sky base kit to add them vs keep them out of the base kit. the market data i have shows that alice users don't like using legended caps for their spacebars. but up to you
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geonworks Frog | Hiney TKL One

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline MMJ1999

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 26 September 2022, 21:06:42 »
Cooool!