Author Topic: [IC]PBT Exosphere  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Eggo

[IC]PBT Exosphere
« on: Thu, 06 October 2022, 02:47:04 »
Update 1:
Redesigned colours and learned how to render keycaps :). I felt like the original design was too bland on the right side of the board, so I stretched the gradient to cover the whole board and make it more interesting.
292076-0

292078-1

also tried a cherry ANSI for funsies, still think the right side needs work.
292080-2

more renders and an IC form coming soon, still trying to decide between cherry and DSA. Eventually I want to include novelties as well.

ORIGINAL POST

A view of the boundary between the edge of our atmosphere and the great beyond...

This may or may not be inspired by the "A Bit of Coin" banner from Destiny 2  ;).

I've decided to try my hand at creating my own keycap set based on the colour scheme of the afformentioned banner.

All colours were then adjusted to within the signature plastics PBT swatch.
292030-3

Feedback is welcomed :)

This is also my first time using this site, sorry if I've messed it up lol
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 October 2022, 01:47:56 by Eggo »

Offline HalfScrim

• no fun. not ever.
Re: [IC]PBT Exosphere
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 06 October 2022, 03:20:14 »
As this is your first time using the site, I recommend you check out other keycap ICs to get an understanding of what's commonly presented in an IC. I assume this is just an idea you're throwing out there, but it would be in your best interest to fully flesh out it and refine it before showing it off. You're currently missing things such as kitting, renders, and an actual IC form. You say that the colors are matched to SPs PBT options, but haven't mentioned what profile this will be in. You've got a bit of work ahead of you if you're serious about getting this made. Good luck.

Offline Eggo

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 08 October 2022, 01:17:14 »
Render update  :D

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 08 October 2022, 10:51:11 »
additional comment telling you to go look at other (competent) ics