Author Topic: Hi from oklahoma  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Powerglove89

Hi from oklahoma
« on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 19:20:56 »
New to the group. I'm jealous of your classifieds and talented members making incredible things. Happy to be here. I'm looking for a set of 1976 keycaps for my pok3r 60% if anyone has a set.
Now witness the firepower of this fully-armed and operational battle station.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hi from oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 02:18:55 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

There's a drama or two going on in the classifieds most of the time, unfortunately.  But if you approach it with some realistic expectations of what you might or might not get, it's great!

Once you have 2 months membership and 25 posts you are welcome to open a WTB thread in case someone has a set to sell.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 02:48:31 »
As I'm sure you know, one of the most famous Broadway musicals of all time—well, except for all the time when there wasn't such a thing as Broadway yet—was Oklahoma. The lyrics and book to that legendary show were typed on a typewriter, which had a mechanical keyboard.

And now, here you are. It's practically cosmic.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Powerglove89

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 15:39:59 »
Twas written in the friggin' stars, I tell ya.
Now witness the firepower of this fully-armed and operational battle station.