Author Topic: As a Cherry distributor/reseller can you see if you can get an answer to this?  (Read 12347 times)

Offline dante

Can you put your feelers out to see who is producing the POM keycaps for the Cherry boards? (either G80-3000/3800/3850)

POM is becoming an extinct species fairly quickly - would be nice to know who produces those keycaps for Cherry; and if Cherry or the manufacturer can be contacted to make a batch for a Group Buy.

Several of us have been waiting for a PBT group buy to conclude so Ivan can run POM GB with PLUM.  Unfortunately PLUM is dragging their feet through the mud and so Cherry is the only other supplier I know of for these keycaps.

These can currently be ordered through TaoBao for the G80-3800/G80-3850 but some of the modifiers/space bar have incompatible spacing with everything else (Thanks Cherry...)

Any assistance you can provide would be invaluable.  Please save this sacred plastic for future generations  :cool:
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 October 2014, 11:59:14 by dante »

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Can you put your feelers out to see who is producing the POM keycaps for the Cherry boards? (either G80-3000/3800/3850)

POM is becoming an extinct species fairly quickly - would be nice to know who produces those keycaps for Cherry; and if Cherry or the manufacturer can be contacted to make a batch for a Group Buy.

Several of us have been waiting for a PBT group buy to conclude so Ivan can run POM GB with PLUM.  Unfortunately PLUM is dragging their feet through the mud and so Cherry is the only other supplier I know of for these keycaps.

These can currently be ordered through TaoBao for the G80-3800/G80-3850 but some of the modifiers/space bar have incompatible spacing with everything else (Thanks Cherry...)

Any assistance you can provide would be invaluable.  Please save this sacred plastic for future generations  :cool:

We will try...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
SP has a partial kit...
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Anything?

Offline intelli78

Anything?

Timely bump, I actually just PMed Dante about this.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline dante

I don't know who Cherry goes through but PLUM handles the majority of the market.

Unfortunately they have a MOQ of 400 sets; so despite being how cheap they are per set there is no way we'll find enough buyers.  Best chance for success would possibly be contacting MassDrop; but I'm still not sure you'll get enough buyers.

Offline intelli78

I don't know who Cherry goes through but PLUM handles the majority of the market.

Unfortunately they have a MOQ of 400 sets; so despite being how cheap they are per set there is no way we'll find enough buyers.  Best chance for success would possibly be contacting MassDrop; but I'm still not sure you'll get enough buyers.

In your original thread you mentioned MOQ of 200. Did they double it since then?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline dante

In your original thread you mentioned MOQ of 200. Did they double it since then?

Yes :(