Author Topic: Del AT101W keycap replacement  (Read 2097 times)

Offline bardomudo

Del AT101W keycap replacement
« on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 13:52:56 »
So, the retard that I am, while cleaning the keycaps of my new Dell AT101W, I let one slip through the drain and it's gone.

It's the "Del/." key of the numpad.

Is there any place I can order such a replacement? Signature Plastics only has red Esc's for ALPS. If I can't order a proper original replacement, I'd be happy with a blank/beige just so the keyboard doesn't look awful with a cap missing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Really appreciate it.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Del AT101W keycap replacement
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 13:57:44 »
The most common (ie cheapest) source for Alps compatible caps is the "Apple Design Keyboard" which is often seen at yard sales and thrift stores because it is such a horrible board. I don't think they were all Alps, though, so check first.
"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 14:30:22 »
Damn, would be really tough for me to spend $20 on a Apple Design Keyboard + $60 in shipping to Brazil just to get a single keycap.

Do you think I have any other alternative here? Perhaps some GH user has spare ALPS keycaps and sells them? Do you think Signature Plastics or some other company would sell something like it?

I was so freaking excited to get this keyboard. Didn't even have a chance to use it before cleaning, and now I already lost a key. Damn...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 15:04:30 »
I did not realize that you are international.

There is a chance I have some loose Alps keys, but no guarantees.
"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 15:42:11 »
I would be eternally grateful if you had one to sell me. Even if you didn't have a Del/,. key, any that could fit that row would be great already.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 15:44:59 »
Open up that pipe and get it!

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 16:07:30 »
I thought about it but we use large pipes here so it was probably long gone as soon as it went down the drain.

I have a drawer full of Cherry MX keycaps, but when I lose one, it obviously has to be one I can't replace. **** me, right?

Offline thebeargentile

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 16:09:38 »
The user mironccr345 lost his F key, and I sent him a full spare set I had to replace them... I assume he still has his old set, it may be worth messaging him to see if he still has them. 

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 16:32:04 »
The user mironccr345 lost his F key, and I sent him a full spare set I had to replace them... I assume he still has his old set, it may be worth messaging him to see if he still has them.

Hey, that's definitely worth a shot. I will contact him. Thanks a lot.