Author Topic: caps for Phantom  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
caps for Phantom
« on: Mon, 04 March 2013, 00:57:13 »
Just wondering if anyone can confirm if the bottom row of keys from my Das will fit the Phantom board and if so which position do I need to use for the switches.  Asking cause I bought a used one with switches installed but want to move some around and want to make sure that my caps will fit.

Also I am fairly certain but would anyone know if the caps from http://originativeco.com/classic-beige-blue-two-tone will fit both my Das and the Phantom?  Wanted to use them on my Das until I get my stainless steel case made for my phantom.

Thanks in advance for any help

Melvang
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
Re: caps for Phantom
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 March 2013, 06:37:23 »
It should work with the ANSI125 layout...but why would you use that?

jkjk. It should work fine. Can you provide pics though so we can see it?
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Re: caps for Phantom
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 04 March 2013, 08:29:22 »
Of course I will post pics when I finish.  Planned case will be my custom brushed powdercoated stainless steel case with some extras.  Planning on adding a power and reset switch to the case where the "F" keys would be using buttons from an old Fischer Studio Standard receiver that is no longer worth fixing.  Also the power, HDD activity, and caps lock LED's are getting moved to the bottom of the case between the feet so I don't see the LED itself but just see the glow when they are on. 

I know I can just remap some of the keys on my board to the power and reset function but I wanted to do a physical switch directly tied to the motherboard.

Melvang

Edit:  Anyone know how many springs comes in one order from this site?  And how do the stock springs in my browns on my Das compare the ones being sold here?
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 March 2013, 09:09:25 by Melvang »
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich