Author Topic: Hi from France & my little experience with keyboards  (Read 842 times)

Offline kotlkahn

Hi from France & my little experience with keyboards
« on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 09:30:24 »
Hey there!

I'm not really "new" to this community, but it's only recently that I started getting more active here. So here goes :

I'm a game programmer and currently work in France. I got into mechanical keyboards 6 years ago (with one of those corsair keyboards). My next buy was an Anne Pro 2 and that changed everything.
I started with tinkering around with my Anne Pro. I gave it an aluminium body, and put on one of those cheaper keycaps. That was the moment I got addicted to keyboards.

So after a year of using that Anne Pro, I really wanted to build my own keyboard. After looking around for some "budget kits". Considering how parts are more expensive or hard to find in Europe, I decided to use cheaper parts from AliExpress while staying as ethical as I could ;)
I recently completed the build and here are the specs :
1. Cheap aluminium case - 45 Euros
2. DZ60 RGB Hotswap - 50 Euros
3. Aluminium Plate - 15 Euros
4. Durock V1 Stabs - 15 Euros
5. Aliaz Switches (Lubed with Krytox GPL205) - 35 Euros
6. Ducky Joker Keycaps - 40 Euros

With a total of exactly 200 Euros, I'm pretty happy with what I managed to build.
This keyboard will serve as my test board, to help me find my *PREFERENCES* ;D

Upcoming builds :
1. I have a Mekanisk Klippe T kit ready to be built - I have a few modding ideas for it.
2. An Idobao ID80 Plus - As a birthday gift for my brother. Hoping to get him into this hobby as well.

If you'd like to see pictures of my keyboard or have critical comments on it, feel free to check out my reddit post about it : https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/mtenyb/photosmy_first_custom_keyboard/
There is a sound test as well, but I don't really see the point of watching a sound test of silent switches.

Cheers,
Shasha