Author Topic: Greetings from Canada  (Read 846 times)

Offline Nariari

Greetings from Canada
« on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 11:42:27 »
Hi all, I guess the best way to describe my activity is "newbie lurker", as I'm still kind of dipping my toes, and by that it seems I may have begun to slip into the pool.
Mainly a gamer, I'm using a Logitech G Pro keyboard (Romer-G) right now and in the past also owned boards with Cherry Browns and Blues.

Reserved a GMMK Pro, planning on using it to test various configurations to dial in my preferences.
Plan is to buy a 2-3 sets of switches and rotate them every so often along with the Alu and PC plates until I settle on something. Recommendations are always nice for narrowing down my field of view.
As far as keycaps go, still kind of confused, not sure if I really want to buy multiple sets in different profiles and test them because they can cost quite the sum, the plan for now is get a mass-market set and a set of GMKs as a baseline and re-evaluate from there.

Things I impulse bought, that I hope I don't regret:
- Sat75 R2
- GMK Metropolis R2 Midnight

As far as experience goes I can solder a bit, so far mostly in a improvised repairs sort of way. Looking forward to learn more about things!