Author Topic: [IC] GMK Olivetti - R.I.P(canceled)  (Read 53725 times)

Offline TBone

Re: [IC] GMK Olivetti, please fill out the Interest Form
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 19:48:46 »
Would there be any color packs? Like inverted mods or something? That would be so awesome.

I don't think the same way. I prefer Olivetti as nothing more than blue on white. If you do weird color stuff to it, I start to hate it.

I guess I'd be worried about fragmentation in the buy. We want MOQ. So I guess just an optional color pack would help, like in Dolch. That was a huge success and doesn't detract from the original set.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 19:54:24 »
Yup, optional color pack is what I suggested, as well.  Just a little something extra for those that want it.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 19:58:29 »
I really wish we could start doing some new stuff out of GMK instead of just repeating all the sets that Sherry has produced. There are so many options and all anyone ever talks about is re-pro's, am I the only one that wants to see GMK Red Alert of RainDrop? Or like 5 million other awesome combos.

*sigh*
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 20:01:09 »
I really wish we could start doing some new stuff out of GMK instead of just repeating all the sets that Sherry has produced. There are so many options and all anyone ever talks about is re-pro's, am I the only one that wants to see GMK Red Alert of RainDrop? Or like 5 million other awesome combos.

*sigh*

You can look forward to GMK Hyperfuse, at least.  I agree, though.  I'm not even touching my Dolch set anymore because it's been beaten to death. :( 

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 20:02:27 »

*sigh*

You can look forward to GMK Hyperfuse, at least.  I agree, though.  I'm not even touching my Dolch set anymore because it's been beaten to death. :( 

That I am looking forward to. Will finally have a decent set of alphas to go with my purple mods!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 20:27:42 »

*sigh*

My LZ needs GMK Red Alert...

Offline Elocutive

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 20:37:46 »

*sigh*
Completely agree. I think these look rather boring. Making something new and exciting.
LZCE- Black, red, ergo clears

Wanting Skeldon

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 20:51:33 »
I think this would struggle to meet MOQ as well, the Olivetti set was one of the least popular sets Sherry sold. I remember there still being sets of them available long after he sold out of his first run of Dolch and Classic Beige.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 21:04:36 »
I think this would struggle to meet MOQ as well, the Olivetti set was one of the least popular sets Sherry sold. I remember there still being sets of them available long after he sold out of his first run of Dolch and Classic Beige.

I think otherwise. The set from Originative was selling slowly because it has a defect.
79668-0
I like linear switches

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 21:16:06 »
sherry did a bunch of dumb things to his olivetti set, that's why nobody wanted it

if this was run with the proper legends it would probably do fine
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 21:37:09 »

I think otherwise. The set from Originative was selling slowly because it has a defect.
(Attachment Link)
The Classic Beige had the same problem and they still sold out well before the Olivetti.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 21:39:48 »
Wallet is die...
no....
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 21:50:19 »
The Classic Beige had the same problem and they still sold out well before the Olivetti.
I think it is because the Classic Beige Tab (BOW Double shot) is easy to find the replacement so people don't mind to get the defect one and replace the ridiculous Tab with the one they have.
I like linear switches

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 21:59:43 »
sherry did a bunch of dumb things to his olivetti set, that's why nobody wanted it

Just wondering, since I'm not so familliar with his set, what were the things he changed? Just so we don't make the same mistake.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 22:00:10 »
I'm definitely in if you included Raindrop style modifiers.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 22:38:28 »
me too, i will take 2 sets if you made it ;)
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 00:13:50 »

*sigh*

My LZ needs GMK Red Alert...

My LZ CE needs GMK Ragnarok :(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 00:36:37 »

Just wondering, since I'm not so familliar with his set, what were the things he changed? Just so we don't make the same mistake.

(picture belongs to Tsangan)
This is the original ANSI doubleshot.  As you can see, Sherry/Orginative changed the Tab, Control, Print Screen, and Pause.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 00:52:52 »
I want this set happen in three pack, which is the base set, color pack, and spacebar.  Basically just like the recent GMK DOLCH.
The base set will be white alpha, beige/grey mods, blue legend.  Include Winkey Set, Winkey less modifier, ISO support keys, 1.75x shift.  Depend on interest, Blue on white F5-F8, and A profile bottom may be included.
Color pack I haven't decided the color and which keys yet.

Raindrop mods is not impossible but I think the only way to reach the MOQ is adding it to the base set, but the price will probably increase a lot.

Offline justnits

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 01:27:22 »
i find that the colour combination of N5 on L9 and U9 seems more vibrant and pleasing to the eyes compared to V4.
but maybe because i'm personally hoping for this to change to GMK Raindrop and N5 is the best colour option for that  :p

also, the mods are going to be text or icon?
the following is my ideal modifier setup;-
  • Icon mods - Tab, Capslock, Backspace, Enter, Winkey (Win8  :p :p :p)
  • Icon and/or text mod - Shift
  • Text mods - all the others

| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 01:40:19 »
interested. submitted form.
hopefully, this gmk gb will have a symmetrical option for the ~` and |\ keys having the same color as the modifiers.

+1

I also prefer the symmetrical look and I think many others do as well. Two extra keys shouldn't increase the costs of the set too much.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 01:41:14 »
Potentially interested.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline feizor

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 01:51:45 »
Does the originative set use n5 or v4? Having a legend color too vibrant can lead to a loss of contrast. But I think the originative set got it just right.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 01:53:00 »
i find that the colour combination of N5 on L9 and U9 seems more vibrant and pleasing to the eyes compared to V4.
but maybe because i'm personally hoping for this to change to GMK Raindrop and N5 is the best colour option for that  :p

also, the mods are going to be text or icon?
the following is my ideal modifier setup;-
  • Icon mods - Tab, Capslock, Backspace, Enter, Winkey (Win8  :p :p :p)
  • Icon and/or text mod - Shift
  • Text mods - all the others

I actually haven't decided which blue for the legend yet.  V4 on L9 and U9 is the color combination of the GMK set that sold by Originative.  And N5 is the color of the blue enter, shift, arrow set, control, alt, and wasd that sold by elitekeyboards.  N5 is a lighter blue, which I think is closer to the original color.  But again, I don't have the original doubleshot, so I can't compare them

The mods will depend on the interest.  Winkey would probably be win 98 logo.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 October 2014, 01:56:42 by jonathanyu »

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 01:57:30 »
Does the originative set use n5 or v4? Having a legend color too vibrant can lead to a loss of contrast. But I think the originative set got it just right.
Originative set use V4

Offline justnits

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 02:13:24 »
79672-0

i don't know what colour does the blue esc that i have is using (made by gmk) but it sure does looks like N5 to me and the Alt looks like V4.
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 02:27:30 »
(Attachment Link)

i don't know what colour does the blue esc that i have is using (made by gmk) but it sure does looks like N5 to me and the Alt looks like V4.
You are right the blue Esc in your picture is N5 and alt is V4.  And the RGBY is using V4.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 03:31:47 »
...GMK Raindrop and N5 is the best colour option for that  :p
surely you mean V4? N5 is a very weak blue, whereas the Raindrop set looks just like V4 blue

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 03:58:33 »
In case anyone is interested, I found a couple of good quality pics of the previous Originative Olivetti set.

Pics by Hyde
Pics by DanGWanG

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline feizor

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 04:12:09 »
How did Sherry price his GMK sets so much lower than the GB prices we are seeing now? His sets $95+shipping? Now GMK GBs are priced around $110-$120.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 October 2014, 06:28:42 by feizor »

Offline justnits

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 04:31:00 »
surely you mean V4? N5 is a very weak blue, whereas the Raindrop set looks just like V4 blue

Show Image

N5 is very close to a darker shade of royal blue.
i think raindrop is in between N5 and V4, picture quality and monitor calibration can be deceiving.
i don't have my raindrop with me at my office. when i get home, i'll put them side by side for comparison :)
| | | |

Offline lionblinds

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 05:40:49 »
I may need 2 sets.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 05:41:02 »
How did Sherry price his GMK sets so lower than the GB prices we are seeing now? His sets $95+shipping? Now GMK GBs are priced around $110-$120.

Because you only get a TKL set for 95$.

Ivan's GB for example includes a numpad, a Tsangan kit and full ISO support.

If you buy all these keys from Sherry you'll pay ~160$.

Offline justnits

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 06:02:53 »
(Attachment Link)

Show Image

You are right the blue Esc in your picture is N5 and alt is V4.  And the RGBY is using V4.

as promised, here's a comparison picture of the different shades of blue.

From left: GMK Blue ESC (N5), SP Raindrop R2 (BFP), GMK Blue RGB Alt (V4)
| | | |

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 06:16:28 »
thanks for the photo. you're right, N5 is a lot closer tonally to the Raindrop blue than the V4, which veers towards a dark blue/purple shade

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 06:21:01 »
I think you're gonna have problems doing A profile in the main set. Some people will want B-profile 1.5 keys too, so you'd have to do :

full 1.25x b-profile bottom row
1.5x + 1x b-profile keys
full 1.5x/1x a-profile bottom row

That's a lot of keys if you include ISO, windowed locks, 1.75x etc.

I think it's best to do a 'main set' and an 'extra set'. Just my thoughts :cool:
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline feizor

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 06:30:02 »
How did Sherry price his GMK sets so lower than the GB prices we are seeing now? His sets $95+shipping? Now GMK GBs are priced around $110-$120.

Because you only get a TKL set for 95$.

Ivan's GB for example includes a numpad, a Tsangan kit and full ISO support.

If you buy all these keys from Sherry you'll pay ~160$.

Touche

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 07:16:49 »
Any chance for extra caps for 1800 layout?
like 1x "0" and the 1x "+" , I really need GMK stuff for my lightsaver and I know some people too
I've never seen GMK stuff for that though
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 08:16:26 »
If I remember right Ivan's Dolch has 1x 0 key
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 09:11:32 »
If I remember right Ivan's Dolch has 1x 0 key

It does.  1x 0, 1x 00, 2x 0.   :thumb: 

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 09:13:50 »
GMK? I'm in.

Formed filled out! So many questions! :confused: :p
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 October 2014, 09:20:42 by Lurch »
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:17:34 »
I think you're gonna have problems doing A profile in the main set. Some people will want B-profile 1.5 keys too, so you'd have to do :

full 1.25x b-profile bottom row
1.5x + 1x b-profile keys
full 1.5x/1x a-profile bottom row

That's a lot of keys if you include ISO, windowed locks, 1.75x etc.

I think it's best to do a 'main set' and an 'extra set'. Just my thoughts :cool:
That's what I am thinking too, because included A profile in the main set would probably bring up the price a lot.  But I am afraid it couldn't reach the moq if separate it from the main set.  But yeah, it will depend on the price

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:25:14 »
Any hhkb support?

Will text be included on the enter, backspace, and shift keys?

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:41:26 »
Filled out an interest check!

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:41:49 »
Any hhkb support?

HHKB layout need 2 1x r4,  1.75 right shift, and 1 1x r3 right?

The legend on the modifiers keys will depend on the interest

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:52:28 »
I think if do a repro, should do full repro with the original all caps legends, all white function row, and etc.
As far as A profile, well there is minimal extra needed for that. You would need an extra 3 arrows and numpad 0 numpad enter. 1.5 mods only in A and that would be a must if using the all caps CTRL since it is only available in A.
Proper colors would be N5/CP N5/U9.
Have an extra color pack for the N5/U9 4 F keys, ~` and \| then maybe some other select keys in CP/V4 like wasd, cursors, or whatever.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 11:18:54 »
Any hhkb support?

HHKB will need:
  • R1 1x \|
  • R2 1.5x Del/Bksp
  • R3 1.75x Ctrl
  • R4 1.75x R-shift and 1x Fn
The bottom row of the HHKB is somewhat ambiguous due to the number of ways it can be configured via dip switches.  I think as long as you have some semblance of a Tsangan kit people will deal.

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 11:39:23 »
interested!

Form filled!

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 11:40:29 »
Any hhkb support?

HHKB will need:
  • R1 1x \|
  • R2 1.5x Del/Bksp
  • R3 1.75x Ctrl
  • R4 1.75x R-shift and 1x Fn
The bottom row of the HHKB is somewhat ambiguous due to the number of ways it can be configured via dip switches.  I think as long as you have some semblance of a Tsangan kit people will deal.
^ This.

Hopefully, enough people agree.

Offline dakuzo

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 11:44:57 »
I'm in for this. Form has been filled.
Digilog Realforce 87u - 45g - GMK Dolch
Leopold FC660C - JTK WoB
GoN Nerd Crystal TKL - 62g Mx Blacks - JTK PoW
Duck Octagon - Gateron Blacks - Miami Odessa R4