Author Topic: [GB] Keebags - Keyboard Carry Cases (R3 IC LIVE)  (Read 22250 times)

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
[GB] Keebags - Keyboard Carry Cases (R3 IC LIVE)
« on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 16:17:17 »
Round 3 IC can be found here.

« Last Edit: Fri, 03 January 2020, 08:15:16 by pizza_is_a_lie »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Re: [GB] Keebags - Keyboard Carry Cases [Taking Orders]
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 12:25:27 »
Approval bump!
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 13:56:03 »
I am in, excited for a way to carry a couple boards around. Went with double TKL since some newer stuff like Exent and some future boards are wider than usual.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 17:54:08 »
I'm in, UK based = bonus  :thumb:

Offline sodiumjoe

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 23:30:01 »
For an fc660c (328 x 111 x 40 mm), would the 60 75 be too snug?

Also, if I wanted to keep a coiled cable in the bag with the board, would my best bet be to get the x2 version?

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 09:20:33 »
For an fc660c (328 x 111 x 40 mm), would the 60 75 be too snug?

Also, if I wanted to keep a coiled cable in the bag with the board, would my best bet be to get the x2 version?

Not at all, the 75 would be ideal for this. The bags will always be bigger inside than the quoted size so it'll be a dream of a fit!

As for a cable, if it's a long coiled one, there's no harm in going for a 2-75%... gives you growing room for another board too  :thumb:

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 13:29:19 »
Just a quick update… we have a US proxy! See the first post or visit ppkr.co.uk/FAQ

Offline glubazoid

Re: [GB] Keebags - Keyboard Carry Cases (a US Proxy and Weekly Update)
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 18:36:38 »
How much is shipping in US?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 19:19:37 »
How much is shipping in US?

Depends on which bag and what shipping zone you're in. Smaller bags can ship First Class for $6 or less, larger ones will need to be Priority for $8-$13ish. Orders of multiple bags will benefit greatly from combined shipping.

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 11:00:51 »
Cheers, Donut  :thumb:

Bump!

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 22:31:42 »
Paradigm has had a bit of a facelift! Check out the new home page.

I'll also be adding a few more sections to the site. First, I'll be sticking up a classifieds for my private sales because why not? But, going forward, I'd love to know what you would like to see in the store. Drop me a PM with items which you'd like to see more of in the UK.

And of course, the Keebag group buy is still accepting orders! We have another 3 to 4 weeks of accepting orders so there's plenty of time. As always, feel free to get in touch with any Qs.

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 18:02:15 »
Orders are being taken until 2nd September!

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
Re: [GB] Keebags - Keyboard Carry Cases (taking orders until Sep 2nd)
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 13:28:23 »
A week and a half to go. Don't forget!

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 14:55:12 »
Final few days  :cool:

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 16:39:16 »
2 days to go; thanks to everyone involved thus far  :thumb:

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 23:52:02 »
Is the Ergo case fit for a set of fullhand ergodox(classic model or Infinity model)? And which 60 case is for hhkb?

Edit: Couldn't find China in the shipping country.  :eek:
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 September 2018, 00:50:06 by hhkbp2 »

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 14:55:54 »
Is the Ergo case fit for a set of fullhand ergodox(classic model or Infinity model)? And which 60 case is for hhkb?

Edit: Couldn't find China in the shipping country.  :eek:

Hey! If you could send me an email, I'll try and rectify this for you.  :thumb: Email can be found on the site, ppkr.co.uk.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 September 2018, 14:58:53 by pizza_is_a_lie »

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
Re: [GB] Keebags - Keyboard Carry Cases (US invoicing and placing order)
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 14:12:07 »
All invoices out on my end.

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
Re: [GB] Keebags - Keyboard Carry Cases (order placed)
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 21:58:26 »
Any updates? After seeing Norbauer's attempt at a keyboard carrying bag ($180?!) which looks far less sturdy, I'm really looking forward to this GB delivering.
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 09:02:22 »
Any updates? After seeing Norbauer's attempt at a keyboard carrying bag ($180?!) which looks far less sturdy, I'm really looking forward to this GB delivering.

Hey bud!

I apologise profusely for the delay in getting back to you. I hope that this response - straight from the Paradigm newsletter - is adequate.

https://tinyletter.com/ppkr/letters/keebag-group-buy-update-and-more

The Keebag build week has slipped by one week as the manufacturer was waiting on the small Paradigm labels (which feature on the inside of the bag) to arrive. As it stands, the bags should be ready early next week. I believe that bags should arrive with group buy participants by the end of Halloween week (in 2 weeks' time). I will continue to update the Keebag FAQ with progress, as well as the Deskthority and Geekhack posts.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 October 2018, 09:57:53 by pizza_is_a_lie »

Offline Zuology

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 09:48:53 »

Hey bud!

I apologise profusely for the delay in getting back to you. I hope that this response - straight from the Paradigm newsletter - is adequate.

https://tinyletter.com/ppkr/letters/kee...e-and-more

The Keebag build week has slipped by one week as the manufacturer was waiting on the small Paradigm labels (which feature on the inside of the bag) to arrive. As it stands, the bags should be ready early next week. I believe that bags should arrive with group buy participants by the end of Halloween week (in 2 weeks' time). I will continue to update the Keebag FAQ with progress, as well as the Deskthority and Geekhack posts.

Hey thanks for the update regardless of the time :) I wasn't aware of the newsletter, but will keep an eye on it (FYI: https://tinyletter.com/ppkr/letters/keebag-group-buy-update-and-more is a working link, the one you posted seems to have been shortened and broke it)
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 09:59:03 »
Hey thanks for the update regardless of the time :) I wasn't aware of the newsletter, but will keep an eye on it (FYI: https://tinyletter.com/paradigmparts/letters/keebag-group-buy-update-and-more is a working link, the one you posted seems to have been shortened and broke it)

No worries. If you're not a fan of newsletters, the Keebag FAQ is updated when news comes in  :thumb:

Cheers for letting me know about the link too!
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 October 2018, 08:21:52 by pizza_is_a_lie »

Offline Zuology

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 21:08:06 »
Hey thanks for the update regardless of the time :) I wasn't aware of the newsletter, but will keep an eye on it (FYI: https://tinyletter.com/ppkr/letters/keebag-group-buy-update-and-more is a working link, the one you posted seems to have been shortened and broke it)

No worries. If you're not a fan of newsletters, the Keebag FAQ is updated when news comes in  :thumb:

Just went to check the site for updates, and Github is indicating there's no page or site there... Is it a glitch, has the site moved, or is it something to worry about?
More

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 08:21:01 »

Just went to check the site for updates, and Github is indicating there's no page or site there... Is it a glitch, has the site moved, or is it something to worry about?

Hiya!

I was migrating from https://ppkr.co.uk to https://paradigm.parts for that, y'know, international lovin'. I know a lot of int'l buyers are put off a .co.uk domain. I hadn't anticipated much traffic on a Sunday evening hence doing it then however I do apologise for the lack of advanced notice.

Aside from this, I just wanted to provide a quick update. I'm awaiting an ETA from the manufacturer who have let us down by 2 weeks thus far. I'll be passing on my concern (perhaps I'll wait until after delivery)! I'll update again once they arrive with me and I apologise for missing the original estimated dates.

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
Re: [GB] Keebags - Keyboard Carry Cases (shipping to OP)
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 17:18:51 »
The order is to be delivered to me this week and shipping out to you will take place over the weekend!  :thumb:

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
Re: [GB] Keebags - Keyboard Carry Cases (processing, shipping out)
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 05:38:56 »
Arrived! Processing and shipping out this weekend. See OP or the FAQ for more.

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
Re: [GB] Keebags - Keyboard Carry Cases (shipped)
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 17:57:01 »
Original post updated.

All orders bar the proxy, PPKR-1001 and PPKR-1031 have shipped though these are scheduled for Monday.

Thanks everybody for getting involved. Should you need me, you know where I am.

Offline ArchCel

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 13:46:38 »
I've gotten mine in, and I'm generally impressed, with a board that fills it out I feel very safe going about my day with it. However for some of the larger sizes it (atleast for me) becomes an issue that there isn't some strap to hold the board, as there is too much space, and thus it will move back and forth.

But nothing that can't by fixed by just having some extra padding in it, or just stitching in something to press it to the side myself.

Compared to other carrycases/bags that I happen to have I would find these the most usable. As it offers good protection, along with the shoulderstrap making for easy carrying, and maintaining a fitting thickness.

So looking forward to an eventual round 2 so I can get more green, as those look fantastic. (Also please add a closeable cable pocket)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 13:31:26 »
Got my bag and I like it a lot. Seems much wider than I was expecting, might even be able to fit a full size keyboard in there. I don't remember, were these supposed to come with the shoulder strap? Because mine did not.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Zuology

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 15:12:18 »
IIRC shoulder straps were specifically not included, though D-ring attachment points are present. I have a couple of shoulder straps I ordered a while ago to have on stand-by specifically waiting for the keebags.
More

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 14:42:39 »
I've gotten mine in, and I'm generally impressed, with a board that fills it out I feel very safe going about my day with it. However for some of the larger sizes it (atleast for me) becomes an issue that there isn't some strap to hold the board, as there is too much space, and thus it will move back and forth.

But nothing that can't by fixed by just having some extra padding in it, or just stitching in something to press it to the side myself.

Compared to other carrycases/bags that I happen to have I would find these the most usable. As it offers good protection, along with the shoulderstrap making for easy carrying, and maintaining a fitting thickness.

So looking forward to an eventual round 2 so I can get more green, as those look fantastic. (Also please add a closeable cable pocket)

Cheers for feeding back  :D I understand what you're saying. Though, don't be alarmed. I've had some heavy boards in their keebags for over a year now where there's some movement in the bag and I can honestly confess that there's been no damage or ill fate to the board from movement!

I'm glad that you feel that these are up there, particularly when it comes to their function and usability.

Suggestion noted too!

Got my bag and I like it a lot. Seems much wider than I was expecting, might even be able to fit a full size keyboard in there. I don't remember, were these supposed to come with the shoulder strap? Because mine did not.

Hey, thanks for the feedback! Yeah, they are all built on the larger side of the provided dimensions. Shoulder straps were an optional extra on request  :thumb:

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 14:52:16 »
Just a heads up that US orders will get to me soon, I've been talking back and forth with FedEx the past few days to get them through Customs and I should be on the last bit of paperwork today, hopefully.

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 15:02:41 »
Just a heads up that US orders will get to me soon, I've been talking back and forth with FedEx the past few days to get them through Customs and I should be on the last bit of paperwork today, hopefully.

Cheers for this, Donut  :cool:

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 14:20:54 »
US Keebag orders are currently in my hands and I'll be working on sorting them to hopefully get shipping invoices out tomorrow.

Update to my update, got all the orders sorted today but I'll need to wait a couple days for shipping materials since what I had planned to use isn't going to work due to the sheer bulk of the bags. I'll order tonight and invoices will be out when I have orders packed and ready to go out.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 December 2018, 16:46:49 by donutcat »

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 22:04:17 »
Invoices are out so check your emails for them. Please be sure to confirm your current PayPal address is correct before paying.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 16:45:15 »
Most orders went out yesterday, one out today, and I've got one last one waiting for payment to go out. Most should show up the end of this week based on USPS's estimates.

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 23 December 2018, 17:26:16 »
Cheers for the updates, Donut  :thumb:

I hope everyone's now received their orders. As always, do hit us up with any queries. Otherwise, I'll look to close this as complete Dec 30th.

Offline Zuology

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 24 December 2018, 07:59:48 »
Received mine via Donutcat a couple of days ago, and these things are built very nicely! Thank you for putting together this buy for the rest of us.
More

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 10:52:21 »
Received mine via Donutcat a couple of days ago, and these things are built very nicely! Thank you for putting together this buy for the rest of us.

Cheers for the feedback, I'm glad that you're happy!  :cool:

As of 11/01/2019, Keebag round 1 is complete. All orders have shipped and the bags have been well received. Thanks to everyone for taking part!

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [GB] Keebags - Keyboard Carry Cases (complete/closed)
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 11:10:47 »
So.....for those that missed the first round.....you uhhh.....planning another round? Tomorrow, next week, next month?

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
Re: [GB] Keebags - Keyboard Carry Cases (complete/closed)
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 17:18:36 »
I'm super happy with the quality of these bags, and the double-keyboard bags are really good value.
They also take up a LOT less space than a Kin bag.

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
Re: [GB] Keebags - Keyboard Carry Cases (round 2, accepting orders)
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 12:02:20 »
Round 2 is live! All relevant information can be found in the OP.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 12:40:52 »
Looks pretty awesome!

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 14:20:55 »
I'm super happy with the quality of these bags, and the double-keyboard bags are really good value.
They also take up a LOT less space than a Kin bag.

Thanks! I'm really pleased with all of the feedback received from round 1  :D

So.....for those that missed the first round.....you uhhh.....planning another round? Tomorrow, next week, next month?

So, it wasn't quite next month however round 2 is live right now!

Looks pretty awesome!

Hell yeah; thank you  :cool:

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 12:02:24 »
Does round 2 have any changes like perhaps padding or a strap to keep the keyboard secure?

Offline odd

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 14:34:25 »
How cqn i order. I dont see anyway of ordering from the link. It just shows the bag sizess and color what am i missing here?

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 04:12:42 »
Does round 2 have any changes like perhaps padding or a strap to keep the keyboard secure?

They were always padded!  ;D No changes from R1.

How cqn i order. I dont see anyway of ordering from the link. It just shows the bag sizess and color what am i missing here?

If you click the title for the bag(s) which you are interested in, it'll take you to the product page. From here, you can add it to your cart  :thumb:

Offline sl70309

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 20:03:14 »
i have two keyboards, size below. none of these bags will fit.

380*226*60
380*190*40

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 06:21:40 »
i have two keyboards, size below. none of these bags will fit.

380*226*60
380*190*40

Hey! The 1800 ought to work for these keyboards though they might be snug. If you require additional sizes, drop me a message and we can work something out, I'm sure.

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 31 March 2019, 09:21:00 »
2 weeks to go  :thumb: