Author Topic: [GB] [Round 1 done] ISO & ANSI 60% mountplates  (Read 146749 times)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
Re: [GB] [SHIPPING TO YOU] ISO & ANSI 60% mountplates
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 03:08:16 »
If you could discuss this in my IC for the second run, it would be nice.
Want to keep this thread nice and clean :)

EDIT: i mean, keep the suggestions for round 2 in my IC thread until round 2 is started. Plates arrival can be posted here :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 June 2015, 09:14:28 by LeandreN »

Offline primered6

« Reply #351 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 09:09:04 »

Yay, the plates arrived.. I will go and rave about them in the IC while I fill them with Gateron Browns.

Overall great GB, good job LeandreN  :thumb:
GNU Terry Pratchett.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #352 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 09:12:49 »

Yay, the plates arrived.. I will go and rave about them in the IC while I fill them with Gateron Browns.

Overall great GB, good job LeandreN  :thumb:

Please rave about them here too! This thread is ment for having a compilation of all the recieved plates :)
Awesome that they arrived quickly!

Offline flabbergast

« Reply #353 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 09:35:14 »
My plate's here! Thanks, it's marvellous!

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #354 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 09:39:48 »
My plate's here! Thanks, it's marvellous!

Awesome! Post pictures here if you feel like it :)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #355 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 09:42:08 »
Got mine also today, mine got a little bent up it seems but should be easily put right looks really nice too just got fingerprints on it now :X Best order a PCB to build it then :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #356 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 09:47:55 »
Got mine also today, mine got a little bent up it seems but should be easily put right looks really nice too just got fingerprints on it now :X Best order a PCB to build it then :p

Hope it wasn't to badly bent. Shouldn't harm it in any way by bending it back :) I suggest running it 10 seconds in cold water and drying with a towel! It will look awesome afterwards. Any way, good luck with your build. Let me know how it goes!

Offline faxe

« Reply #357 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 10:00:38 »
On the topic of PCB, is there any "Ready to Built" PCB available that works with this plate? I want to handwire one plate but would like a pcb for the other one (just to try different things).
ISO Clueboard V2 Zealio 78g -ISO Clueboard V1 MX Clear - ISO 60% MX Clear - ISO Filco MJ 2 MX Brown - ISO is life

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #358 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 10:02:57 »
On the topic of PCB, is there any "Ready to Built" PCB available that works with this plate? I want to handwire one plate but would like a pcb for the other one (just to try different things).

I don't know, but it should work with any 60% PCB from SPRiT or Winkeyless :)

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #359 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 10:44:18 »
Satan GH60 from China, you can find it on Aliexpress.com
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #360 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 11:28:31 »
I would appericate if you posted pictures here when you recieve your plates :)

Offline FreeChemicals

« Reply #361 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 11:29:27 »
I've also received the plate (probably last saturday, but it was delivered at the office).

Protip: try to keep tape off the plate, it took a lot of scrubbing and isopropyl to get it right (because it stains like hell upon drying, had to clean it like 5/6 times before it was almost even):

And the backside, which I haven't scrubbed as thoroughly as the front:

http://imgur.com/a/pcXLp

Aside from the tape on the plate (logistical issue, **** happens), it seems like a good plate. Its not bent either, which I feared a bit. Overall, I would buy one again/recommend you if you would start another GB.

« Last Edit: Mon, 15 June 2015, 11:32:10 by FreeChemicals »

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #362 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 11:40:32 »
I've also received the plate (probably last saturday, but it was delivered at the office).

Protip: try to keep tape off the plate, it took a lot of scrubbing and isopropyl to get it right (because it stains like hell upon drying, had to clean it like 5/6 times before it was almost even):

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

And the backside, which I haven't scrubbed as thoroughly as the front:

Show Image

http://imgur.com/a/pcXLp

Aside from the tape on the plate (logistical issue, **** happens), it seems like a good plate. Its not bent either, which I feared a bit. Overall, I would buy one again/recommend you if you would start another GB.

Sorry about that :-/ That is what happens when i hurry too much. Thanks for the feedback, i will take this in mind the next time. I recommend running it in water and drying it fast in a towel.
Glad you are moslty happy with it :)

Offline dotGif

« Reply #363 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 12:17:34 »
Received my two ISO plates a few days ago.

Both plates look good, a minor bend but there was no problem bending it back.
Only thing i'm wondering about is why did you decide to tape both plates together? For one the tape is awful to get off and then all of the glue is left on the plate itself.
You can see on the image how the tape is on the plate, plus the glue left on the left side of the plate after i removed some of it.

Other than that, both plates look good and the switches fit well, but I'm not looking forward to cleaning the glue residue off the plates....

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #364 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 12:21:42 »

Only thing i'm wondering about is why did you decide to tape both plates together? For one the tape is awful to get off and then all of the glue is left on the plate itself.
You can see on the image how the tape is on the plate, plus the glue left on the left side of the plate after i removed some of it.

Show Image

Other than that, both plates look good and the switches fit well, but I'm not looking forward to cleaning the glue residue off the plates....
I will send you one ISO as compensation. (The last ones I have). I knew something had to go wrong.

The reason I taped them together was that I didn't want them to scratch with the other plate.

Offline dotGif

« Reply #365 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 12:32:37 »

Show Image

I will send you one ISO as compensation. (The last ones I have). I knew something had to go wrong.

The reason I taped them together was that I didn't want them to scratch with the other plate.

Would really appreciate it, means I don't need to rush with cleaning and can spend my time getting every nook and cranny making sure it's properly done :).

The thought behind it is good and I understand the reasoning, but next time get some better quality tape that can be removed more easily.
Electrical or painters tape would probably be good bets, putting some cardboard between the plates would alleviate the issue as well.

Guess you already have my info, or do you want me to message you?

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 12:34:26 »

Show Image

Would really appreciate it, means I don't need to rush with cleaning and can spend my time getting every nook and cranny making sure it's properly done :).

The thought behind it is good and I understand the reasoning, but next time get some better quality tape that can be removed more easily.
Electrical or painters tape would probably be good bets, putting some cardboard between the plates would alleviate the issue as well.

Refund for one. The other is being sent tomorrow. I have all your info.

Thanks for letting me know :)

Offline 3K

« Reply #367 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 12:39:08 »
Got my plate today too! It was well packed and not really bent at all.

There was just a little thing that bugged me... I underestimated Cherry once again.
More

No, none of them fits.

Thank you for the great drop! Hope there will be more in the future.

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline dotGif

« Reply #368 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 12:41:15 »

Show Image

Thanks for the quick response and the compensation :).
Appreciate the refund but I'm already getting more than I paid for with an extra plate so I'm going to refund the refund unless it really offends you :P.

It was your first GB, as far as i know, and i bet it was stressful.
Mistakes will be made, all we can do is learn from them :)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #369 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 12:41:17 »
Got my plate today too! It was well packed and not really bent at all.

There was just a little thing that bugged me... I underestimated Cherry once again.
More
Show Image

No, none of them fits.

Thank you for the great drop! Hope there will be more in the future.
Cherrys should fit. I have the exact plate and I am writing this on a Cherry stab keyboard.

How do they not fit? They fit tight, but you should be able to press them in by hand...

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #370 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 12:42:12 »

Show Image

Thanks for the quick response and the compensation :).
Appreciate the refund but I'm already getting more than I paid for with an extra plate so I'm going to refund the refund unless it really offends you .

It was your first GB, as far as i know, and i bet it was stressful.
Mistakes will be made, all we can do is learn from them :)
Do what you want :)

Thanks.

Offline 3K

« Reply #371 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 12:44:50 »
How do they not fit?

They all have the wrong length, but that has nothing to do with the plate!
The short Cherry stabs fit really good actually.

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #372 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 12:47:06 »
How do they not fit?

They all have the wrong length, but that has nothing to do with the plate!
The short Cherry stabs fit really good actually.
Ohhh God, never do that again. Almost got a heart attack.

I don't want more problems than the tape residue.

Glad you are happy with it :)

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #373 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 14:37:07 »
Got mine, slight vertical bend (no problem) but the horizontal one is a *****, hopefully when screwed down it'll fit ok

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #374 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 14:41:13 »
Got mine, slight vertical bend (no problem) but the horizontal one is a *****, hopefully when screwed down it'll fit ok
Let me know how it goes. You can try laying something really heavy on it, and have it there over the night. Sorry about issues like this, the only thing I could do, is to invest money in packaging material, which I may end up doing for my next GB.

:)

Offline nephiel

« Reply #375 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 14:53:27 »
What alloy were these again? I wonder if they could be heat treated to make them less prone to bending.

Probably not worth the cost, though.
Stop wasting space! Chop your spacebar into bits!
NPH60: a custom 60% w/TrackPoint & split spacebar

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #376 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 14:58:53 »
What alloy were these again? I wonder if they could be heat treated to make them less prone to bending.

Probably not worth the cost, though.
Stainless Steel 304, does that sounds wrong to you,  I'll have to check it up in that case.

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #377 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 15:49:51 »
Let me know how it goes. You can try laying something really heavy on it, and have it there over the night. Sorry about issues like this, the only thing I could do, is to invest money in packaging material, which I may end up doing for my next GB.

Don't worry about it, I have a feeling it was my numpty delivery man squeezing it into out postbox. Mine will be powder coated at a later date so any tape issues or slight bending can be sorted by me.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #378 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 15:58:40 »

Don't worry about it, I have a feeling it was my numpty delivery man squeezing it into out postbox. Mine will be powder coated at a later date so any tape issues or slight bending can be sorted by me.
Great :)
Also, you did only buy one plate, did it have any tape issues?

Offline dezoe

« Reply #379 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 04:31:28 »
Got mine yesterday. Some tape, some bending, no worries

:thumb:

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #380 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 04:32:16 »
Got mine yesterday. Some tape, some bending, no worries

:thumb:
Thanks for posting :)

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #381 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 07:40:59 »
Got mine yesterday as well. I have to say, this is the nicest non colored finish I've had for my plates so far. As already mentioned above, the tape was also a remark on from my end. I don't notice big bending on my plates at first sight. Will post some pics if I don't forget.
Anyway, big thanks to LeandreN! Really quick GB, fast turnaround, good communication. I'll gladly take part in future groupbuys from you  :thumb:

Offline vitaLee

« Reply #382 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 07:59:24 »
Got mine yesterday.   :D
Minor horizontal bend, fixed by hand.
A little bit of tape on the left side but cleaned up that easily as well.
Some photos* (potato quality)
103541-0
103543-1
Super smooth Gaterons!
Super smooth group buy!

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #383 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 08:05:40 »
Got mine yesterday as well. I have to say, this is the nicest non colored finish I've had for my plates so far. As already mentioned above, the tape was also a remark on from my end. I don't notice big bending on my plates at first sight. Will post some pics if I don't forget.
Anyway, big thanks to LeandreN! Really quick GB, fast turnaround, good communication. I'll gladly take part in future groupbuys from you  :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words!
I will take the issues of this GB and fix it when i am going for my round 2, i really appericate the feedback!

Enjoy your plate!

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #384 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 08:08:55 »
Got mine yesterday.   :D
Minor horizontal bend, fixed by hand.
A little bit of tape on the left side but cleaned up that easily as well.
Some photos* (potato quality)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
Super smooth Gaterons!
Super smooth group buy!

Thanks for the photo. Hope you enjoy both the plate and the Gaterons.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #385 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 08:39:08 »
I'm worry about tape issue. Hope mine is not happen  :-X

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #386 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 08:41:16 »
You ordered 1 plate so I don't think you will have that issue.

Offline jdeblese

« Reply #387 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 08:42:13 »
Just got mine as well. A bit of tape on the edge, and a very slight horizontal curvature as well, but the bend is small enough that I'll probably end up bending it more trying to fix it. The one Cherry test key I have fits perfectly.  :thumb:

Thanks!

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #388 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 08:52:12 »
You ordered 1 plate so I don't think you will have that issue.
I wish you right :)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #389 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 09:53:03 »
Just got mine as well. A bit of tape on the edge, and a very slight horizontal curvature as well, but the bend is small enough that I'll probably end up bending it more trying to fix it. The one Cherry test key I have fits perfectly.  :thumb:

Thanks!

Awesome! Thansk for the update!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #390 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 10:04:38 »
What radius did you guys use for the corners?  They look great!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #391 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 10:27:52 »
What radius did you guys use for the corners?  They look great!

2.5 mm corners. thanks!

Offline faxe

« Reply #392 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 11:17:39 »
Plates arrived, no bending, otherwise a little sticky  ;D
ISO Clueboard V2 Zealio 78g -ISO Clueboard V1 MX Clear - ISO 60% MX Clear - ISO Filco MJ 2 MX Brown - ISO is life

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #393 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 11:18:19 »
Plates arrived, no bending, otherwise a little sticky  ;D
Hope you are still satisfied :)

Offline faxe

« Reply #394 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 11:20:39 »
Yeah, no problems at all!

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #395 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 12:52:22 »
Some lovely plates  :thumb:

Only the front and back plate had a little tape, nothing major. I'll clean them...some other time  ;D

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #396 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 12:57:35 »
Some lovely plates  :thumb:
Show Image

Only the front and back plate had a little tape, nothing major. I'll clean them...some other time  ;D
Show Image

Thanks for the pictures :)

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #397 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 15:47:45 »

Great :)
Also, you did only buy one plate, did it have any tape issues?

Only on the very end, a little bit again its no problem for me as its getting painted. :)

Offline wannabesrevenge

« Reply #398 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 09:16:50 »
the plates came in and they look sexy as ****! Thanks man! You ran a killer GB

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #399 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 09:42:55 »
Plate arrived safe-and-sound. Just a little tape residue to clean in up on one end, but otherwise in perfect condition. Thank youLeandreN!