Author Topic: Anne Pro - Gateron Brown vs Kailh Brown  (Read 20366 times)

Offline frydaja

• "It's my last keyboard, I swear"
Anne Pro - Gateron Brown vs Kailh Brown
« on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 13:00:41 »
Long story short, I'm going to buy an Anne Pro, but I still can't decide what switch to choose.
I can't decide between Gateron Browns and Kailh Box Browns.
Right now I'm using my Quickfire TK with MX Browns, I'm quite happy with them, but I do admit that they're a bit, although hardly noticeably scratchy.
I guess Gaterons will be not very different, just a bit smoother.
However, I don't know if Kailh Box Browns would suit me. I like how MX Browns activate right after that tactile bump, and on the force curve I noticed Box Browns don't do that.
I've also read that Box Browns are inconsistent, does anyone have experience with that?

I use my keyboard mostly for gaming and general use (Internet etc.), sometimes I type some schoolwork.
Anne Pro 2 w/ Kailh Box Browns | CM Storm Quickfire TK Stealth w/ MX Browns | Unknown Chinese keyboard w/ Outemu Reds | Compaq-branded NMB RT101 | Gigabyte Force K81 w/Kailh Reds

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
Re: Anne Pro - Gateron Brown vs Kailh Brown
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 16:21:06 »
Gateron browns are regarded as the best brown switch. They are smooth, and minimally tactile, which is good enough for a lot of people. Keep in mind that they are pretty wobbly. Both choices will be quite smooth, but they aren't very tactile. I suggest you look for something else that has other kinds of BOX switches, or Gateron switches, because Browns are going to get really old real fast once you try other tactiles.  :p
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline frydaja

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 16:44:05 »
Gateron browns are regarded as the best brown switch. They are smooth, and minimally tactile, which is good enough for a lot of people. Keep in mind that they are pretty wobbly. Both choices will be quite smooth, but they aren't very tactile. I suggest you look for something else that has other kinds of BOX switches, or Gateron switches, because Browns are going to get really old real fast once you try other tactiles.  :p

I ended up ordering a board with Box Browns.
The minimal tactility is okay for me, it's enough to stop accidental presses while not feeling disruptive when gaming. I do admit it sometimes feels like biking on a cobblestone road, though.
From looking at the force curve Box Browns seemed sharper, a little smoother and, mainly, had a harder bottom out, which threw me off when I tried a Gateron Red keyboard at store (the switches were amazingly smooth, though). Same with Outemus, btw.
Anne Pro 2 w/ Kailh Box Browns | CM Storm Quickfire TK Stealth w/ MX Browns | Unknown Chinese keyboard w/ Outemu Reds | Compaq-branded NMB RT101 | Gigabyte Force K81 w/Kailh Reds

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 18:31:56 »
I ended up ordering a board with Box Browns.
The minimal tactility is okay for me, it's enough to stop accidental presses while not feeling disruptive when gaming. I do admit it sometimes feels like biking on a cobblestone road, though.
From looking at the force curve Box Browns seemed sharper, a little smoother and, mainly, had a harder bottom out, which threw me off when I tried a Gateron Red keyboard at store (the switches were amazingly smooth, though). Same with Outemus, btw.

Just couldn't wait for input? lol I'm a clicky guy, but I think you'll be happy with your box browns if browns are your sort of thing. Certainly seem much smoother than stock Cherry MX Brown. I have a sample size of one, on a tester, though.

Offline frydaja

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 04:46:12 »
Just couldn't wait for input? lol I'm a clicky guy, but I think you'll be happy with your box browns if browns are your sort of thing. Certainly seem much smoother than stock Cherry MX Brown. I have a sample size of one, on a tester, though.
Yeah, I couldn't ;D

I did consider Box Whites, since they'd be sharper and still only slightly tactile, but they'd probably be too loud even for home use (not to mention I bring my board to school sometimes, although i bring my QF instead).

Thanks anyways.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 07:41:45 »
Yeah, I couldn't ;D

I did consider Box Whites, since they'd be sharper and still only slightly tactile, but they'd probably be too loud even for home use (not to mention I bring my board to school sometimes, although i bring my QF instead).

Thanks anyways.

I'm still thinking of box whites myself, potentially for gaming. The tactility doesn't really get in the way of split-second/unplanned movements, and would be a lot better for typing than my current MX reds. I could see people being bothered by them at school, but that would also make them heretics.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 10:43:22 »
Yeah, I couldn't ;D

Thanks anyways.

I'm still thinking of box whites myself, potentially for gaming. The tactility doesn't really get in the way of split-second/unplanned movements, and would be a lot better for typing than my current MX reds. I could see people being bothered by them at school, but that would also make them heretics.

Same. I was considering saving up to buy a repro F to take to school, and once I tried ONE switch out, it was louder than my entire keyboard. Model Fs are SO loud, I love them! :)

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 10:57:56 »
Same. I was considering saving up to buy a repro F to take to school, and once I tried ONE switch out, it was louder than my entire keyboard. Model Fs are SO loud, I love them! :)

Man, you want to carry one of those slabs of zinc around with you everywhere? You might be even more dedicated to the Model F than I am. They do sound wonderful though.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 11:06:55 »

Man, you want to carry one of those slabs of zinc around with you everywhere? You might be even more dedicated to the Model F than I am. They do sound wonderful though.

For that amazing typing feel.... I WOULD! But people would get SOOO mad at me  :p

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 12:07:56 »
For that amazing typing feel.... I WOULD! But people would get SOOO mad at me  :p

If you don't mind carrying around that boat anchor, you may as well just wear a full suit of medieval armor as well. Then they can be as mad as they like, with no consequences.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 13:23:30 »

If you don't mind carrying around that boat anchor, you may as well just wear a full suit of medieval armor as well. Then they can be as mad as they like, with no consequences.

I don't need one. The "boat "anchor" is enough to destroy an entire army with a swipe of its blade.

Offline Phaseshift

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 01:55:02 »
I just got my Anne Pro 2 with Kailh Box Brown switches and I really enjoy it.

Offline frydaja

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 10:54:06 »
So, it's in the mail, but..
I didn't mention one thing.

I accidentally orderd two keyboards.  :-[
One with Gat Browns and one with Box Browns.
Today the one with Gats arrived and I don't know if I should open it and use it until the other one arrives, or wait until the other one arrives. I think I'd have better first-time experience if I opened them both, but.. I want to open the one that arrived today.

I plan to sell one of them, probably the one with Gaterons, because I expect it to be worse than Box Browns (but I'll definitely decide when I'll have both of them).

/EDIT: So I didn't wait long, it's on my desk now. Transition between the TK and AP2 layouts aren't a problem right now, the build quality is enjoyable and I love the stabilizers (although the non-spacebar keys are still a bit mushy.) The Gateron switches are.. both better and worse, I thought they'll be a bit more tactile than Cherry Browns, a lot smoother but mushier. They actually aren't mushy at all, and they're really smooth, but at the same time they feel noticeably less tactile. Honestly surprised how different the sound  compared to my QF TK. Much deeper and fuller. I'm really liking it so far.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 February 2020, 13:30:23 by frydaja »

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 17:21:33 »
Yes, that was my experience with the Gateron Browns as well. They feel smoother, but somehow less tactile.

You're actually lucky that you ordered the BOX Browns as well. They will feel kind of harsh after coming from the Gateron, but they can feel good coming from Cherry MX. BOX Browns are a more unique animal among the Browns, because they actuate at the top, and the tactile event is more significant. More non-Cherry than the Gaterons.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 20:17:37 »
Yes, that was my experience with the Gateron Browns as well. They feel smoother, but somehow less tactile.

You're actually lucky that you ordered the BOX Browns as well. They will feel kind of harsh after coming from the Gateron, but they can feel good coming from Cherry MX. BOX Browns are a more unique animal among the Browns, because they actuate at the top, and the tactile event is more significant. More non-Cherry than the Gaterons.

The more non-Cherry, the better, in the case of browns. I only have the real article and the box browns, and I would actually not hate typing on the box variant. That's high praise from me for the average tactile.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 21:01:08 »
Yeah, I've been actually typing with BOX Browns on a switch-testing keyboard, and they are fun tactiles. I'd say they're a step above MX Brown in tactile resistance [not as high as Clears or Zealios, though]. But the real difference is in the feel. Having the bump at the top makes it more like a rubber dome [or the current high-tactility MX switches], but that can be an efficient profile for many.

It's not like a rubber-dome in actuation and operation, though, and very much a mechanical. The BOX switches [if manufactured properly] have less wobble than Cherry, and a more reasonable 3.6mm of travel. It feels unmistakably mechanical the whole way. There's a little bit of lube in the switch, which helps. And the BOX switches can stabilize OEM-profile keycaps better than Cherry, in my experience.

The problem with the BOX tactiles is that the lube eventually exists the switch, and the vestigial clickbar in the switch (I guess these are derived from their clickies) leads to a faint 'click' developing after a period of time. The sound profile of BOX Browns is pretty inconsistent, and some people's batches feel inconsistent. I think they're great switches for a hot-swap keyboard, though, since BOX Browns are cheap, and you can easily remove problem switches. I want an AOPO AP108 with BOX Browns, but that keyboard has serious QC issues.

Offline typo

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 07:21:52 »
Kailh Box browns are probably the nicest browns IMO. Only thing is they might limit your keycap options. If you can get something with Drop Halo's I think those are the nicest MX switches. YMMV.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 08:03:01 »
Kailh Box browns are probably the nicest browns IMO. Only thing is they might limit your keycap options. If you can get something with Drop Halo's I think those are the nicest MX switches. YMMV.

In what ways may it limit cap options? I have used a mix of 7 or 8 random sets of caps on 4 keyboards now, ranging from the 1980s through the present without issue, although those were all thick clicks, if that makes any difference.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 10:29:31 »

They are not that good, I prefer them in Holy Pandas compared to their stock form. Usually the franken-switches you can make with the Halo/Hako variants are better.

Offline typo

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 15:53:33 »
Oh, I like them best. They do not wobble much to me. YMMV I should say then. For the caps I just thought the actual "box" might get in the way. My bad.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 17:15:03 »
Treeleaf is saying that the Halo switches go best in the Holy Pandas, rather than being used on their own. That's my experience, also.

The limitation on BOX switches is that it is possible that they still damage GMK keycaps, so that would limit your keycap options.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 17:31:07 »
Treeleaf is saying that the Halo switches go best in the Holy Pandas, rather than being used on their own. That's my experience, also.

The limitation on BOX switches is that it is possible that they still damage GMK keycaps, so that would limit your keycap options.

I believe Kaihua fixed this problem. If you still encounter problems with keycap damage, I recommend using ePBT. I have had good experience with their keycaps. You can also get cheap, imitation GMK sets from Aliexpress.

Offline typo

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 21:03:25 »
This is OT but I am just worried about an expensive board with a built in battery. Is it removable? IF not in about 3 years you have a brick. I was looking at it too but was not sure about the battery. The blue tooth is a nice feature. Now on topic another problem is I do not really care for any of the switch offerings either. Did you ever consider a Korean kit? Not all of them are so expensive.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 08:16:47 »
This is OT but I am just worried about an expensive board with a built in battery. Is it removable? IF not in about 3 years you have a brick. I was looking at it too but was not sure about the battery. The blue tooth is a nice feature. Now on topic another problem is I do not really care for any of the switch offerings either. Did you ever consider a Korean kit? Not all of them are so expensive.

All batteries are removable, one way or another. I'm generally not a fan of much of anything wireless myself, and worrying about batteries is definitely one reason why.

Offline typo

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 09:32:50 »
I am sure it is easier than an iPhone anyhow.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 09:38:46 »
The last time I took apart an iPhone, the battery wasn't half bad, once you actually had the correct proprietary pentalobe screwdriver. Screens, those are hell with Apple.

Personally, I don't buy anything that doesn't have at least a removable battery and an easily accessible micro SD slot. oh, and it has to run Android, although the previous preconditions already accomplish the same. Still rocking a Galaxy S5 with LineageOS, have a micro SD in it with my entire music library, and have a battery charging station at home and a pile of batteries to just swap in when one dies.

Offline typo

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 13:30:17 »
I have a S10+ but I have the new Ipad Pro because nothing can touch it's processing power. I can run full photo shop on it.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 14:48:58 »
I have a S10+ but I have the new Ipad Pro because nothing can touch it's processing power. I can run full photo shop on it.

Photoshop isn't very demanding, is it? I haven't used it in years, but it is just an image editor after all. I haven't kept up on tablet hardware. I keep my mobile usage down to as small of a minimum as possible, as I hate fumbling with useless touchscreens.

Offline typo

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 15:27:44 »
Oh yeah. It is exceptionally demanding to render. Most I7 cannot do it. Ipad Pro is about an I9. I mainly use it for smart home. Everything is automated. Your right. I do not even carry a phone. Stays in the car.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 21:38:39 »
Final verdict:

Kailh BOX is better because of more tactility! :)
I, personally, can't stand MX tactiles, so I would probably just get the smoothest linears they have available. Something with a reasonably heavy weighting. Box Black?

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 07:38:21 »
Oh yeah. It is exceptionally demanding to render. Most I7 cannot do it. Ipad Pro is about an I9. I mainly use it for smart home. Everything is automated. Your right. I do not even carry a phone. Stays in the car.

I would be very, very surprised if this were the case. Rendering is usually only relatively demanding on a CPU with ultra hd video, and even then that just means it will take a bit longer on a slower CPU than a faster one. It was a long time ago, but I once did a lot of Photoshopping of product images for a local adhesives distributor. I don't remember the exact specs of that computer, but they were pretty bottom-of-the-barrel, even for the time. Pentium 4, maybe a crappy Pentium D on the high end.

The A12x actually looks to benchmark slightly lower than a high-end laptop i7 from a few years ago. That is impressive for a tablet, certainly leaves my current rig's CPU in the dust, though I have no use cases where I need anything any faster than my current i7-3770.

Offline frydaja

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 07:55:49 »
So, the Kailh Box keyboard arrived today and I think I'll keep the one with Box Browns. They just sound deeper, crisper, and, more importantly, actually feel tactile.

But on the other side, I'm a little disappointed with the RGB bundling, as the glow on the keycap sides is completely off, anything that involves the green LED will glow green on the keycap sides. :-\

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 08:05:09 »
Nice, glad you like them. At least you determined a new tactile favorite, even if the leds end up bothering you enough to get rid of the board. The only computer I even usually use the backlighting on a keyboard with myself is my gaming rig, since everything else glows red. Are you not a touch typist?

Thoughts on your previously having heard of box browns being inconsistent? I have never had a whole board full of them in front of me.

Offline frydaja

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 08:17:59 »
Nice, glad you like them. At least you determined a new tactile favorite, even if the leds end up bothering you enough to get rid of the board. The only computer I even usually use the backlighting on a keyboard with myself is my gaming rig, since everything else glows red. Are you not a touch typist?

Thoughts on your previously having heard of box browns being inconsistent? I have never had a whole board full of them in front of me.

As of now I don't find them inconsistent. Only the J key already does that soft click, but it doesn't do anything to keyfeel and it doesn't bother me, I actually find it quite nice.

I'm a touch typist (as in self taught, kinda know how to do the official way), RGB is just cosmetic to me. But I do turn it off on my Gateron board, as I run the keyboard on Bluetooth all the time and the backlighting did drain the battery really quickly. I also had a problem with really inaccurate colors, but updating the firmware did solve that issue on both keyboards.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 08:27:55 »

As of now I don't find them inconsistent. Only the J key already does that soft click, but it doesn't do anything to keyfeel and it doesn't bother me, I actually find it quite nice.

I'm a touch typist (as in self taught, kinda know how to do the official way), RGB is just cosmetic to me. But I do turn it off on my Gateron board, as I run the keyboard on Bluetooth all the time and the backlighting did drain the battery really quickly. I also had a problem with really inaccurate colors, but updating the firmware did solve that issue on both keyboards.

Yeah, I've got a refurb business class Dell laptop that I specifically bought a backlit keyboard for to swap into, and I literally have the thing switched off anyway if it isn't plugged into the wall. Nice way to waste a battery for no reason. I do the same with my work laptop.

Maybe consistency is worth revisiting once they've been broken in with heavy use for a few months.

Offline frydaja

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 09:20:17 »

Yeah, I've got a refurb business class Dell laptop that I specifically bought a backlit keyboard for to swap into, and I literally have the thing switched off anyway if it isn't plugged into the wall. Nice way to waste a battery for no reason. I do the same with my work laptop.

Maybe consistency is worth revisiting once they've been broken in with heavy use for a few months.

My mom also has a refurb Dell (Latitude, I believe) and honestly, when I use it I value the Trackpoint clone much more than a backlit keyboard.

I also forgot to mention one thing: Kailhs overall feel more quality. Gaterons are amazingly smooth, but they overall feel cheap. They work fine, no key was chattering, but they feel less firm than Kailhs, and one key was squeaking.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 13:05:33 »
Final verdict:

Kailh BOX is better because of more tactility! :)
I, personally, can't stand MX tactiles, so I would probably just get the smoothest linears they have available. Something with a reasonably heavy weighting. Box Black?

I understand. BOX Brown is one of the better of a bad lot.

Like many who have tried a range of MX tactiles, you have decided to just give up and move to MX's forte, which is linears. That's an entirely respectable choice. Leave tactility to ALPS or Topre.

I recently started testing Alpaca linears, and they are amazing. They have a 'skating' feel, unlike any I have encountered on a stock switch. They're kind of what you imagine when you think about 'smooth linear.'

The problem is that Alpacas are too light. At 60 gr, they are weighted like MX Reds and Browns, but are so smooth and with so little resistance that they bottom-out more easily than is usual. So I am going to get the 65 gr Alpacas, Mauves, as soon as possible.

There are many choices in MX linears today. The Alpacas represent excellent value in a stock switch, but there's the Novelkeys Cream, Gateron Ink (Black Ink is said to be better), and Tangerine V2. People are really hyping the Tangerine V2s, they are supposedly excellent.

So just build a board of premium MX linears and forget about the quest for tactility. Until someone puts Orange ALPS in an MX-compatible switch, we are SOL.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 13:18:28 »
I recently started testing Alpaca linears, and they are amazing. They have a 'skating' feel, unlike any I have encountered on a stock switch. They're kind of what you imagine when you think about 'smooth linear.'

The problem is that Alpacas are too light. At 60 gr, they are weighted like MX Reds and Browns, but are so smooth and with so little resistance that they bottom-out more easily than is usual. So I am going to get the 65 gr Alpacas, Mauves, as soon as possible.

There are many choices in MX linears today. The Alpacas represent excellent value in a stock switch, but there's the Novelkeys Cream, Gateron Ink (Black Ink is said to be better), and Tangerine V2. People are really hyping the Tangerine V2s, they are supposedly excellent.

So just build a board of premium MX linears and forget about the quest for tactility. Until someone puts Orange ALPS in an MX-compatible switch, we are SOL.

I don't particularly care about tactiles or linears, but something better than MX reds for gaming would be nice. How do Alpacas compare to Creams? I hadn't even heard of them.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 13:52:51 »
I'm not familiar with the Novelkeys switch in person, but the Creams are said to have the best sound out-of-box, and better than Alpacas. Alpacas just sort of "Thwack" in bottom-out, they sound like a deeper Gateron Red to me. Not terrible, but not great.

In terms of feel, Alpacas are noticeably smoother than Gateron or Cherry Reds, and the spring might be more lively on the upstroke. Some people find the Alpaca springs to be a bit obnoxious, because they are energetic. Alpacas have a thin factory lube, which is a little annoying if you are relubing them, but it makes them better stock switches. And it is easy to remove.

People who build premium keyboards end up doing all sorts of stuff to the Alpacas like they do to the other switches, like relubing and filming them. The switches are receptive to that kind of modification. Those who like Alpacas say that they offer more value for the money in terms of switch feel than the Creams, although the Creams sound better. [Alpaca sound can be improved through filming. In fact, I heard a sound demo that suggested that lubed and filmed Alpacas have the best sound of current linears.]

These switches are VERY new and probably benefit from new tooling relative to other switches. I only heard about them because people were discussing GBs and pre-orders, and they were so cheap that I picked some up before they sold out. They're going to restock some time in March, I think. You might want to pick up samples of both Alpacas and Mauves. They're certainly worth trying-out. There's a GB on here for "Ghost Switch" which is a silent 67 gr version, and you can also eventually purchase Silent Alpacas, although they are in greater need of filming than regular Alpacas.

Offline typo

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 16:04:27 »
RGB is never uniform. It is a novelty. It will suck down battery but Blue tooth should not. I personally feel Kailh are the highest quality MX switch. YMMV. Especially custom ones. Such as Drop or Just Panda's. I need RGB, I am a real touch typist. My WPM is serious. I have self confidence issues. I feel I need to look at the board therefore.

Today Photoshop rendering a 4GB raw file will max out my Quad xeons and 3 Quadro's. I am not sure what you are doing.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 18:52:06 »
RGB is never uniform. It is a novelty. It will suck down battery but Blue tooth should not. I personally feel Kailh are the highest quality MX switch. YMMV. Especially custom ones. Such as Drop or Just Panda's. I need RGB, I am a real touch typist. My WPM is serious. I have self confidence issues. I feel I need to look at the board therefore.

Today Photoshop rendering a 4GB raw file will max out my Quad xeons and 3 Quadro's. I am not sure what you are doing.

AMD Threadripper is your friend. I agree with your point on Kailh, I think they have made a lot of innovative products recently, and I am glad they have made such products.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 09:19:10 »

A 4GB image? Are you serious? What resolution? How many layers? "quad xeons" as in more than one processor? Which ones? Which Quadros? This sounds ridiculous, I'm sorry. I was much, much more inclined to believe your $4,000 solid gold, diamond encrusted, custom keyboard, since people will spend insane prices on things that may have little real value, but I can't see you maxing out an even remotely powerful system rendering a single image in Photoshop. We wouldn't even have realistic computer animations to begin with if this were possible.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 February 2020, 09:23:10 by Maledicted »

Offline typo

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 19:05:22 »
4x xeon 3275, 3x rtx 8000 it is just a HDR raw file at 48 mpixel. taking 20 minutes. Something is probably wrong honestly. that is not usually what I do. I would think that horsepower would take less than 2 minutes. For the record not my machine. I do not need that anyways. They use that for science not Photoshop. It would be complete overkill for photoshop. I am not sure why it took so long. All I know is a bunch of people were getting mad. That is the real story. I did not mean to insinuate it was mine.  I am very glad you believe the keyboard but it is not gold or diamond encrusted either. It was kind of expensive because I asked them too break the dies. Which is exactly why I will not photograph it. That would be retroactive, right?

The good news is I am almost 100% proficient on 65%. There are way better 60-65% boards than Anne(without a battery) but they are at least 3x the price AFAIK? Check Amazon. Maybe there is in fact a good one for only $129. Mainly battery turns me off. Mot everyone knows how to rip it apart. My 67 key is in a different league but not everyone needs or can afford it and I fully understand that. I am not bragging I am just saying you can get them for any price. Mine is really not that much different. It is still a little keyboard.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 10:49:44 »
There are some cheap 65% layouts on Amazon that you could buy. If you absolutely need wireless, you will have to pay over 100 for sure.