Author Topic: Messed up the flashing my keyboard with QMK  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Skippyontoast

Messed up the flashing my keyboard with QMK
« on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 10:15:55 »
Hi!

Im currently typing this on a on-screen keyboard ... I was going to flash my dz65 with QMK like I have done before but this time something went wrong. I entered bootloader and picked the hex file that I got. The other couple of times I have done this I have had zero problems but this time I got an error saying something about having to use a .bin file. Since I didnt have a bin file I just changed the file to a .bin and flashed that. After doing that my keyboard no longer works. I may also have forgotten to change the keyboard in QMK. I have tried putting it in bootloader again but it doesnt work. I have looked for a reset on the back of the pcb but cant find one. Does anyone have a solution for my problem?

Offline rxc92

Re: Messed up the flashing my keyboard with QMK
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 14:55:36 »
Yikes, don't mess with the files like that. Your best bet is to take another look at the PCB; if there isn't a button, there should be two holes that, when connected with a conductor (e.g. a paper clip) will manually reset your board. If you aren't sure you can look up the PCB online. A reddit thread showed that holding Esc while plugging in the keyboard could work.