Author Topic: HHKB Pro 2 Love  (Read 438197 times)

Offline Ovrclck

• Romans 8:38-39
Re: HHKB Pro 2 Love
« Reply #1500 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:21:18 »
Anyone know where I can find a replacement shift key? I dropped a heavy pen and nicked the corner. Doh!! and I just got this yesterday lol

Show Image

I must say it looks pretty minor, but I can see your frustration. Ouch!

I'm not sure about separate key caps, but you can buy a whole replacement set from elite keyboards if you want the original PBT caps. If you are not bothered by that, you can buy replacement ABS shift keys in colors from them.

I'm super OCD when it comes to expensive equipment.

EK is about 10 minutes from my house. Maybe it will be cheaper if I bought a set via proxy? $80 is hard to swallow but then again I did just buy 3 HHKB's from EK. Sigh

Anyone know where I can find a replacement shift key? I dropped a heavy pen and nicked the corner. Doh!! and I just got this yesterday lol

damn. Is it that pen in the background? Must've been pretty heavy to do that or you dropped it from on high.

Yes! Basterd pen!

You bought three? Wow nice.. Which ones and why??

I can see the OCD.. When I see dust or crumbs near or on my kb I go full retard. My GF eats ABOVE her black HHKB. Seeing that just hurts inside..

I bought my first one in black non printed and immediately fell in love with Topre. Then 3 days later I decided I wanted a white one. Purchased the white one then decided I wanted the Type-S instead. EK was nice enough to allow me to upgrade to the S (living so close has it's perks). My brother's birthday is coming up and he mentioned he liked the way the HHKB felt. So I gave it to him and bought a replacement.

I think we all go full retard with Topre. Must be the metal in those springs that mess with our minds :D
HHKB Pro 2 | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | IBM Model M | 2x Dell AT101W

Offline derb2k2

• Something of a Topre ****..
« Reply #1501 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:33:21 »
EK is about 10 minutes from my house. Maybe it will be cheaper if I bought a set via proxy? $80 is hard to swallow but then again I did just buy 3 HHKB's from EK. Sigh

HHKB | RF 45UB | Novatouch | Poker II Blue | QFR Browns | Rosewill RK-9000RE

Offline Ovrclck

« Reply #1502 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 18:14:53 »

Show Image

:p

I found a new set on Ebay for under $60. This is actually a good thing since I'm venturing into making custom keycaps for Topre. This will be my play set  :)

Edit:Being single has it's perks right?
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 February 2016, 18:23:29 by Ovrclck »

Offline derb2k2

« Reply #1503 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 18:30:20 »

Show Image

I found a new set on Ebay for under $60. This is actually a good thing since I'm venturing into making custom keycaps for Topre. This will be my play set  :)

Nice bro. This is actually pretty interesting news considering the dearth of topre sets.

Offline Ovrclck

« Reply #1504 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 20:23:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice bro. This is actually pretty interesting news considering the dearth of topre sets.
Thanks man.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1505 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 06:55:32 »
checky my latest post on Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)

I believe the cracky sound coming from the steel stabilizer/wire that actually hits on plastic stabs or stabs have some loose either
Remove spacebar and touch stabs and see if it feels loose or not
There is nothing you can do, the best its lube, add some piece of foam under spacebar, on those ''shock absorbers'''

They need to be very slim
check here
https://deskthority.net/help-f53/silencing-rings-for-topre-rf-or-hhkb-t10051-390.html

I have little modded mine: you can put some 3M tape adhesive, foam, piece of your belt, felt cloth, whatever that is thin enough and can soften it, under PCB

https://imgur.com/a/OBpxQ

Here are some pictures

Credit to Valff which has succeded to silent entirely his spacebar (i failed on mine but it sightly quieter than before)

For the lube, use Kritox 502/503, not sure about the full ref

thanks a lot, i'll definitely look into it!
krytox 502/503, though? do you mean 203/205? i have never even seen 500+

i have some damage inside the case. it actually bothers me a lot, lol..

Have you sound deadened the case? Doesn't help that much with upstroke clack, though.

i would, but i don't really know what material i should get..
some kind of foam?
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1506 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 06:57:40 »
I bought my first one in black non printed and immediately fell in love with Topre. Then 3 days later I decided I wanted a white one. Purchased the white one then decided I wanted the Type-S instead. EK was nice enough to allow me to upgrade to the S (living so close has it's perks). My brother's birthday is coming up and he mentioned he liked the way the HHKB felt. So I gave it to him and bought a replacement.

I think we all go full retard with Topre. Must be the metal in those springs that mess with our minds :D

Spread the Topre-love brother!
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #1507 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 12:27:49 »
Here's the thing: HHKB Pro v2 is the best stock keyboard to ever exist.

Offline Altis

« Reply #1508 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 12:45:01 »

It is. Unless you count the Realforce 87U.  :cool:
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #1509 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 12:47:04 »

I've yet to try a plate-mounted Topre board. If I can find a 55g full-size RF I will be on that for work

Offline Altis

« Reply #1510 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 13:01:47 »

I've yet to try a plate-mounted Topre board. If I can find a 55g full-size RF I will be on that for work

I've found that the 87U (both 45g and 55g) seem smoother and have a more consistent sound. My HHKB makes a much clackier sound in the center than the outter keys, and is just louder in general.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
« Reply #1511 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 23:22:47 »
I love this thread. I want to try one of these guys so bad.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1512 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 00:07:51 »
@LSB dat hipro hhkb looks amazing! (can't forgive the flipped spacebar, however.)
did the high profile ABS caps change the sound a lot?

My space bars are flipped due to the height of my desk  :rolleyes:

When I get the $$ for a wrist rest from inanis then they can go back to being classy

Your first move should be to get a new desk!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1513 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 05:37:41 »
I love this thread. I want to try one of these guys so bad.

Show Image

I've found that the 87U (both 45g and 55g) seem smoother and have a more consistent sound. My HHKB makes a much clackier sound in the center than the outter keys, and is just louder in general.
Yep its more uniform feeling and sound. and yeah its smoother

But hhkb is a really fun board to use

Offline Altis

« Reply #1514 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 12:37:57 »
Yep its more uniform feeling and sound. and yeah its smoother

But hhkb is a really fun board to use

Aye. I'd say that the Realforce is technically better, but the HHKB has character that many find more appealing.

Offline ajx

« Reply #1515 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 12:49:54 »
checky my latest post on Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)

I believe the cracky sound coming from the steel stabilizer/wire that actually hits on plastic stabs or stabs have some loose either
Remove spacebar and touch stabs and see if it feels loose or not
There is nothing you can do, the best its lube, add some piece of foam under spacebar, on those ''shock absorbers'''

They need to be very slim
check here
https://deskthority.net/help-f53/silencing-rings-for-topre-rf-or-hhkb-t10051-390.html

I have little modded mine: you can put some 3M tape adhesive, foam, piece of your belt, felt cloth, whatever that is thin enough and can soften it, under PCB

https://imgur.com/a/OBpxQ

Here are some pictures

Credit to Valff which has succeded to silent entirely his spacebar (i failed on mine but it sightly quieter than before)

For the lube, use Kritox 502/503, not sure about the full ref

thanks a lot, i'll definitely look into it!
krytox 502/503, though? do you mean 203/205? i have never even seen 500+

i have some damage inside the case. it actually bothers me a lot, lol..

Have you sound deadened the case? Doesn't help that much with upstroke clack, though.

i would, but i don't really know what material i should get..
some kind of foam?
Felt cloth, something as thin as possible, most likely as thin as ironed landing pads but i warn you, it will reduce sightly spacebar travel and make it also little harder to push it
I suggest you using Kritox 205 similar grease/lubricant

Offline kurukato

• Cars>Keyboards
« Reply #1516 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 13:58:50 »
Just got mine off amazon. Coming from blues it's weird. but I love it.
I've read a lot about using novatouch sliders(just wanna add some keys to the top row)
Has anyone tried to use BTC sliders?

Offline Ovrclck

« Reply #1517 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 16:52:18 »
Why does HHKB make you want to sell your MX based boards? Tried going back to my Pok3r with Browns + DSA Dolch and can't stand it anymore. I'm actually slower when typing on the browns versus Topre.

Offline Ovrclck

« Reply #1518 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 16:54:26 »
I've read a lot about using novatouch sliders(just wanna add some keys to the top row)
Show Image

Nice HHKB! Welcome to the club!

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1519 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 16:58:06 »
Why does HHKB make you want to sell your MX based boards? Tried going back to my Pok3r with Browns + DSA Dolch and can't stand it anymore. I'm actually slower when typing on the browns versus Topre.

topre is just too perfect its a weird thing

I type 90+ on my hhkb but on any other board it is around 70

Offline Ovrclck

« Reply #1520 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 17:03:11 »

topre is just too perfect its a weird thing

Show Image

Welp that confirms it. Selling the Pok3r.  :thumb:

Offline derb2k2

« Reply #1521 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 17:11:15 »

Show Image

Offline robbles

« Reply #1522 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 17:52:18 »
It finally happened. I started bringing my HHKB home with me on weekends. Those two days a week without it are torture. I understand this will inevitably result in me getting 2, one for home and one for work. And it will probably be a white one with blanks...*looks at bank account*
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1523 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 17:59:07 »
Show Image

No please god No let them hhkb be virgin
Ya just sell the remaining board and get anothre topre

It finally happened. I started bringing my HHKB home with me on weekends. Those two days a week without it are torture. I understand this will inevitably result in me getting 2, one for home and one for work. And it will probably be a white one with blanks...*looks at bank account*
The more hhkb the better!
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 February 2016, 18:00:51 by bocahgundul »

Offline Ovrclck

« Reply #1524 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 18:12:24 »
Show Image

No please god No let them hhkb be virgin
Ya just sell the remaining board and get anothre topre

The more hhkb the better!

I could get another White non S with blanks to complete my HHKB collection. :p

« Last Edit: Sun, 14 February 2016, 18:15:39 by Ovrclck »

Offline frogthejam19

• Good Vibrations
« Reply #1525 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 23:07:32 »
My other Keyboards barley see use. I can see what all the thock about Topre is about. It looks goofy when I bring it out to type on in class but my fingers and ears could careless because it all just sweet feels and joyous music in my ears/
"All is Well"

Offline Altis

« Reply #1526 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 00:25:02 »
My other Keyboards barley see use. I can see what all the thock about Topre is about. It looks goofy when I bring it out to type on in class but my fingers and ears could careless because it all just sweet feels and joyous music in my ears/

I certainly understand the desire, but does the noise not bother anyone?

I only occasionally bring my HHKB to work due to the noise. My 87U sounds much more conspicuous, even though they're both sound deadened.

Offline lootbag

« Reply #1527 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 02:06:53 »
Spent a week with a lubed 68g gold spring vintage MX black Duck Viper and... I am happy to be using my HHKB again today.
Boy was the Duck Viper quiet compared to my HHKB.
Most likely because I could barely bottom out the heavy vintage blacks and my HHKB is not silenced.

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #1528 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 12:07:18 »
I just got the HHKB type S in the mail! Testing it at work. It is pretty silent minus the space bar, any recommendations on how to silence that bad boy?!

« Last Edit: Tue, 16 February 2016, 13:07:04 by qazeqaz »

Offline derb2k2

« Reply #1529 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 12:19:58 »
I just got the HHKB type S in the mail! Testing it at work. It is pretty silent minus the space bar, any recommendations on how to silence that bad boy?!

Show Image

Nice!

use lube maybe? You may have to open it up. Not too difficult with HHKB.

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #1530 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 12:32:34 »

Show Image

Nice!

use lube maybe? You may have to open it up. Not too difficult with HHKB.

With the opening up of it. They appear to be the same size, with that said. Think I can place the Type S body into the black case of the normal Pro 2? Also what type of lube do you guys recommend?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1531 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 12:47:42 »

Show Image

I have no idea but that's pretty.

Also your picture doesn't work at first so change the link from http://imgur.com/EgqGSW4 to http://i.imgur.com/EgqGSW4.jpg

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1532 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 13:23:43 »
With the opening up of it. They appear to be the same size, with that said. Think I can place the Type S body into the black case of the normal Pro 2? Also what type of lube do you guys recommend?

yep yep, same cases, can easily swap them if you want.
as for lube, for hhkb stabilizers i definitely recommend thick lube, not the thin/oily stuff.
i used krytox 205 myself, because that's what i had, but there are probably many dozens of different lubes that would work just as well well.
for more recommendations you could just do a few google searches. i think that deskthority, geekhack and reddit all have a big amount of threads on the matter.

oh, one thing, if you screw the PCB back in place: be gentle!
as soon as the screws start giving any resistance, just stop. i've damaged a few screw-holes because i gave that extra twist at the end.
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #1533 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 13:25:56 »

yep yep, same cases, can easily swap them if you want.
as for lube, for hhkb stabilizers i definitely recommend thick lube, not the thin/oily stuff.
i used krytox 205 myself, because that's what i had, but there are probably many dozens of different lubes that would work just as well well.
for more recommendations you could just do a few google searches. i think that deskthority, geekhack and reddit all have a big amount of threads on the matter.

as soon as the screws start giving any resistance, just stop. i've damaged a few screw-holes because i gave that extra twist at the end.

Damn that is no good! But I appreciate the feedback and heads up. Definitely do not want to damage my babies!!!

Offline derb2k2

« Reply #1534 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 13:48:20 »

this is great advice especially since the thockiness of the HHKB is dependent on a nice tight fit between the pcb and domes/caps. I also messed up several of these by over-tightening the screws.

Offline edb5s

« Reply #1535 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 14:37:29 »
So the only problem I had when switching from my Poker II to the HHKB was the lightness of the keyboard itself. It seemed insubstantial compared to the plate-mounted Poker. I did some thinking and was reminded of the lead weights I once used as a kid to increase the weight of a Pinewood Derby car. Did some searching and found a couple of posts about people putting these weights into their keyboards.

I bought these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015KLJE0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00 and just put them in the board. Opened up the case and just put them in groups of two (each individual section of weight is very small) symmetrically on the bottom of the case. The weights have adhesive backing so they stuck to the case very easily.

The board now feels much more substantial. It makes a great deal of difference. Would recommend for those of you, like me, who wanted a heavier feel to the board.

P.S. Lead isn't as harmful as the state of California would have you believe. As long as you're not touching it directly constantly it is fine.

Offline edb5s

« Reply #1536 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 14:41:16 »
And if anyone really wants to see pictures, I'll open it back up and take some. I forgot to do it while I had it open.

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #1537 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 14:45:48 »
And if anyone really wants to see pictures, I'll open it back up and take some. I forgot to do it while I had it open.

Always down to see a project!

Offline edb5s

« Reply #1538 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 15:04:57 »

Always down to see a project!

Okie doke. You only need to unscrew the three screws on the bottom of the case:

Next, carefully prop open the case. I had this tiny screwdriver to hold it open:

You can see all of the weights now. I didn't get them quite symmetrical due to the placement of the controller and the standoffs, but the weight difference is not noticeable from side to side. These images give an idea of the size of each weight:

And all back together, with Pexon cable:

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #1539 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 15:06:00 »
Hot damn that is nice!

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1540 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 15:10:18 »
i think your hhkb is sick. just look at that spacebar.
maybe you should set it on fire.
or just cure the case of crazy-spacebar that it has.

Offline edb5s

« Reply #1541 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 15:39:36 »
To each his own. I actually have only had mine for a few weeks and have tried it both ways. I don't have a strong preference either way, but I favor the flipped spacebar a bit.

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #1542 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 15:56:43 »

WHY DO YOU GOTTA HATE?! Ha, I personally have flipped both my HHKB space bars. But I use them for gaming and I rage pretty hard usually.

Offline derb2k2

« Reply #1543 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 16:23:36 »

Okie doke. You only need to unscrew the three screws on the bottom of the case:

thanks for the pics! I actually thought about doing this when I initially got mine but portability would diminish and I do carry mine around a lot. I think it was due to the MX boards I previously had having had a metal plate. PCB mount > plate mount doe.

Offline robbles

« Reply #1544 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 17:07:47 »
To each his own. I actually have only had mine for a few weeks and have tried it both ways. I don't have a strong preference either way, but I favor the flipped spacebar a bit.

I always have to ask when I see a flipped spacebar. Do you use a wrist wrest? If your wrists are elevated properly, you won't feel the need to flip the spacebar. In fact, with correctly elevated wrists, flipped spacebars feel really bad and can even stick a little. A wrist wrest is absolutely a requirement with any mechkb IMO. Rubber dome keyboards and scissor keyboards can be lower profile where a wrist rest isn't required, and they have conditioned us away from wrist wresting! Sincerely, a lover of wrist rests  :thumb:
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1545 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 17:19:12 »
Seriously thinking about getting a second HHKB just to use at work. I don't want to take mine back and forth from home. Maybe I'll try to sneak $200 out of my tax return and hope my wife doesn't see it.  :))

Offline Altis

« Reply #1546 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 19:24:41 »

I always have to ask when I see a flipped spacebar. Do you use a wrist wrest? If your wrists are elevated properly, you won't feel the need to flip the spacebar. In fact, with correctly elevated wrists, flipped spacebars feel really bad and can even stick a little. A wrist wrest is absolutely a requirement with any mechkb IMO. Rubber dome keyboards and scissor keyboards can be lower profile where a wrist rest isn't required, and they have conditioned us away from wrist wresting! Sincerely, a lover of wrist rests  :thumb:

Some good advice right here, although I would note that you should always have your wrists lifted off of the wrist rest while typing.

But yes, when typing with proper form, the flipped spacebar actually feels pretty wrong.

Having said all that, the edge of the spacebar on the HHKB seems awfully harsh and digs in to my thumb. It could use to be a little bit more rounded, or the spacebar slightly less angled forward; it isn't a key that's pressed with your fingers so it doesn't need the forward slant of the rest of the bottom row as it is currently.

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #1547 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 19:39:36 »
Seriously thinking about getting a second HHKB just to use at work. I don't want to take mine back and forth from home. Maybe I'll try to sneak $200 out of my tax return and hope my wife doesn't see it.  :))

Do it, YOU WON'T! Haha I loved the Pro 2 and I used it quite a bit, but I too did not want to bring it back and forth. So the type S is pretty sweet. Not to mention it sounds like a GD dream!!!!!

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1548 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 20:36:05 »

Do it, YOU WON'T! Haha I loved the Pro 2 and I used it quite a bit, but I too did not want to bring it back and forth. So the type S is pretty sweet. Not to mention it sounds like a GD dream!!!!!

I want to try a Type S, but honestly have nothing to complain about with the noise of the normal HHKB.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1549 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 21:27:39 »
HHKB!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.