Author Topic: KMAC Mini on Ebay  (Read 45944 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: KMAC Mini on Ebay
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 13:05:37 »
Wow... this whole situation is horrible.

Anyways, who tf pays more than $500 for a Mini with blues?
The kind of person who will throw their money at any keyboard that they can call a "korean custom" so that they can fit in. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doubly, someone who has literally no concept of the value of any kustoms
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 13:07:25 »

it's too expensive now... but to be fair the mini is a pretty damn rare keyboard.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 13:08:12 »

it's too expensive now... but to be fair the mini is a pretty damn rare keyboard.

I mean, not really especially rare compared to most kustoms

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 13:08:12 »

But Blues  :(

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 13:08:36 »

And blues in a kustom ^^^

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 13:10:08 »

And blues in a kustom ^^^

I would buy it for like a bit more than 500 and just desolder if it wasn't JD's. kmac mini is like kinda my dream though.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 13:12:09 »
If JD could prove to PayPal the situation with the board, could somebody buy it and win a claim with PayPal and then send it back to him? I doubt it, but I'm just spit balling ideas here.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 13:14:03 »
If JD could prove to PayPal the situation with the board, could somebody buy it and win a claim with PayPal and then send it back to him? I doubt it, but I'm just spit balling ideas here.

It would have to be through Ebay I think
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 13:14:38 »

how about everyone just reports the listing ?

http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReportThisItemRedirect&active=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2566&itemid=281926488667&seller=nate483

edit link works now
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 February 2016, 13:17:07 by appleonama »

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 13:15:20 »

how about everyone just reports the listing ?

http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReportThisItemRedirect&active=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2566&itemid=281926488667&seller=nate483

I did that right after JD mentioned this was his board.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 13:15:43 »

This is what I suggested to JD. If we just report the listing, all that happens is it gets taken down.

If one of you actually buys the board and then can prove that it's stolen goods or something you may be able to dispute with eBay or PayPal to get your money back.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 13:21:43 »
I would honest be disappointed with eBay if they took down the auction because a mob on an enthusiast forum reported a listing. Quite a slippery slope.

*Maybe* if JD could prove that he's the rightful owner of the board, but I don't even think he can, given that this was a handshake agreement.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 13:24:12 »
I would honest be disappointed with eBay if they took down the auction because a mob on an enthusiast forum reported a listing. Quite a slippery slope.

*Maybe* if JD could prove that he's the rightful owner of the board, but I don't even think he can, given that this was a handshake agreement.
knowing ebay they might not even give a f. I was recently scammed by a buyer selling a gift card. I sent proof of delivery, the item being packaged, and I even got a written statement from usps and still they refunded the buyer.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 13:25:06 »

This is exactly how I feel. A little mob on a keyboard enthusiast forum isn't going to do much. The only thing I ever got taken down was a video game flash cart, and that's because a powerhouse like Nintendo complained to online vendors that it promotes piracy.

The best case scenario is someone buys it and gives it to jdcarpe, and then the buyer opens a dispute and hopes for the best.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:06:11 »
Anyone interested in crowdfunding this to return to JD?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:08:13 »

Yes I am

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:09:50 »
I'll happily throw in 50.  Depending on how many ppl we can get I may do more.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:13:13 »

And giving Raccoon all the money? Better to crowdfund a diff one for him if one can be found.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:14:49 »
I agree its not ideal. Just a thought.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #119 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:15:41 »

And giving Raccoon all the money? Better to crowdfund a diff one for him if one can be found.

Yeah I am with absyrd.

As much as I would love to get JD his Mini back, I don't want Raccoon to get ****. I really hope JD by some miracle can get his board back from him though. **** this kid.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:16:25 »
I'll ship in 100$ to get jdcarpe a kmac mini back, not this one tho
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:21:58 »
Alright. Well my offer stands if we are able to find another.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #122 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:33:55 »
I might be able to help...a bit. Don't have a fat wallet, but I'd like to pitch in what I can.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:54:32 »
Has anyone even considered that TRG is selling this and then going to give the money to JD?

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #124 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:58:33 »
Has anyone even considered that TRG is selling this and then going to give the money to JD?

Definitely not happening based on the message dgneo received.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 18:06:26 »

Why would he sell something he agreed to return to JD?  JD wants the board, not money.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 18:08:18 »
Let's face it, the board would sell in minutes on reddit so Raccoon will get the money one way or another.

If you're going to crowdfund a mini for JD you may as well get his own mini.

But if JD still has some proof of his chatter with Raccoon from back then you could probably file this in small claims or something.

EDIT: another point is that ebay doesn't remove auctions.

Ebay ****ed me over (not the first time) and made it so that nobody could see my listing except people in my province. I set the price low originally with worldwide shipping options. 1 bidder for the entire listing. Asked my US friend to see what was wrong with it and he told me that he couldn't view the page.

I hate ebay.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 February 2016, 18:12:03 by GL1TCH3D »

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 18:28:54 »
Let's face it, the board would sell in minutes on reddit so Raccoon will get the money one way or another.

But if JD still has some proof of his chatter with Raccoon from back then you could probably file this in small claims or something.

Ebay ****ed me over (not the first time) and made it so that nobody could see my listing except people in my province. I set the price low originally with worldwide shipping options. 1 bidder for the entire listing. Asked my US friend to see what was wrong with it and he told me that he couldn't view the page.

I hate ebay.

ebay just loves slapping its customer with phallic objects

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 18:50:20 »
from what i've seen on this forum, high school students are bad news. same with loaning boards/caps for usage

billnye and friends are ok tho

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 18:58:25 »
from what i've seen on this forum, high school students are bad news. same with loaning boards/caps for usage

Wasn't Sherry also a teenie during his whole kerbopple? The only exception I've seen is billnye, and I actually was surprised to find out how young he was.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 19:03:07 »

I hate ebay.

ebay just loves slapping its customer with phallic objects

The worst part is that when I called support they refused to remove the listing because there was already a bid on it.
Meaning that I basically had to tell the buyer that I wouldn't sell it to him under any circumstances.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 19:30:55 »

Wasn't Sherry also a teenie during his whole kerbopple? The only exception I've seen is billnye, and I actually was surprised to find out how young he was.

Sherry was young but not that young

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 19:54:15 »

Just mathed: only early twenties.

So young. So ambitious.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 19:55:26 »

Just mathed: only early twenties.

So young. So ambitious.

Be ambitious always, follow dreams

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 19:59:45 »

So who are you referring to exactly? The only members I can think of doing shady stuff are Pac and seth_k. DrHubble's problem wasn't on this level of ****ty, just a lack of direct communication, and even then he still passed off the project to two other competent people. The ratio of bad to good might not be great, but to say "high school students are bad news" is far from the truth

Then again I don't know the exact age of lots of members here, maybe I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:06:02 by hwood34 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:08:31 »

So who are you referring to exactly? I don't seem to remember highschoolers doing shady stuff outside of Pac. Then again I don't know the exact age of lots of members here, maybe I'm wrong

The only exception I've seen is billnye *because* I know his age. I wasn't calling out all people who are teens as bad. If I remember correctly, you're a teenager too. Or maybe you're in your early twenties now.

The only other person I recall is sethk, and that's the basis of my slim foundation. There probably are many other leaders whom I didn't know were teenagers, and ran successful buys, and for that only do I rescind my presumption.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:16:41 »

So who are you referring to exactly? I don't seem to remember highschoolers doing shady stuff outside of Pac. Then again I don't know the exact age of lots of members here, maybe I'm wrong

The only exception I've seen is billnye *because* I know his age. I wasn't calling out all people who are teens as bad. If I remember correctly, you're a teenager too. Or maybe you're in your early twenties now.

The only other person I recall is sethk, and that's the basis of my slim foundation. There probably are many other leaders whom I didn't know were teenagers, and ran successful buys, and for that only do I rescind my presumption.

I'm still 17. And I guess at this point this more directed towards whentheclouds since he's the one who originally made the sweeping statement, but just because you've seen a couple (literal couple) of examples doesn't mean you should assume anyone of that age is ****ty. Realize that the average age on this forum is probably early to mid-twenties, I'm sure there's a multitude of teenagers here that don't post tons or run GBs that are here for the same reason as you and have had plenty of transactions and such go smoothly.

But again, I'm sure the few, more visible members pulling **** like this don't help the situation.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:18:05 »
Anyone who has bid is, for lack of a better phrase, a ****ing retard. Do you idiots not know how to snipe? Jesus Christ.

did that lil tantrum make you feel better

You can't really deny that most of the time people around here bid like absolute idiots. I guess most people don't know about the mythical "auto-bid."

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 21:53:37 »

k
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline lucaslink

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 23:21:45 »
he's now banned from selling on r/mechmarket. if his ebay listing is reported enough times it will likely be removed and he will be without anywhere to sell it except privately. i reported the listing as Listing Practices > Fraudulent listing activities > You suspect that a listing gis fraudulent (i) The listing has items being sold without the owner's authorization.

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 00:16:45 »
he's now banned from selling on r/mechmarket. if his ebay listing is reported enough times it will likely be removed and he will be without anywhere to sell it except privately. i reported the listing as Listing Practices > Fraudulent listing activities > You suspect that a listing gis fraudulent (i) The listing has items being sold without the owner's authorization.

Good work  :thumb:  :thumb:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #141 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 01:14:13 »
PM exchange with TheFlyingRaccoon (01 May 2015): "Hey JD! Really sorry about that, I would be happy to send it back to you if necessary. From what I remember, Bunny gave it to me in a trade. I honestly did not realize it was yours or I owed someone for it. I don't have money to pay for it, in fact I really don't have any extra money right now and I was trying to sell it to buy a phone since my old one is dead. Anyways, let me know what you would like me to do, really sorry about that."

Me: "Yeah, man, I would love to have it back, actually. If you want to desolder the switches, since I sent it to you as a bare kit, that is fine, or I can send you replacement switches, or alternatively some cash for them and your assembly. Sorry to hear about your phone. I understand what it's like to be broke with little income.

If you need my address:

[REDACTED]

Thanks for the quick reply!"

TFR: "Do you want me to include a keyset with it? As a thank you gift. I have a few different sets that work with the layout."

Me: "Nah, bro, you don't have to do that. I have plenty of keycaps, and maybe you can sell the extras you have if you need cash. Thank you for the offer, though. I appreciate that."

PM from me (15 May 2015): "Hey man, I was just wondering if you ever had a chance to ship the KMAC Mini, and if so, do you have a tracking number?"

TFR: "Not yet, I need to get a box that will fit and packing materials. Want to be sure it arrives okay!"

Me: "No problem, thanks for the update. :)"

TFR: "Hey sorry for the delay, I'll try to get out the KMAC this weekend."

why did bunny trade it if it wasn't his?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #142 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 01:16:33 »
More
PM exchange with TheFlyingRaccoon (01 May 2015): "Hey JD! Really sorry about that, I would be happy to send it back to you if necessary. From what I remember, Bunny gave it to me in a trade. I honestly did not realize it was yours or I owed someone for it. I don't have money to pay for it, in fact I really don't have any extra money right now and I was trying to sell it to buy a phone since my old one is dead. Anyways, let me know what you would like me to do, really sorry about that."

Me: "Yeah, man, I would love to have it back, actually. If you want to desolder the switches, since I sent it to you as a bare kit, that is fine, or I can send you replacement switches, or alternatively some cash for them and your assembly. Sorry to hear about your phone. I understand what it's like to be broke with little income.

If you need my address:

[REDACTED]

Thanks for the quick reply!"

TFR: "Do you want me to include a keyset with it? As a thank you gift. I have a few different sets that work with the layout."

Me: "Nah, bro, you don't have to do that. I have plenty of keycaps, and maybe you can sell the extras you have if you need cash. Thank you for the offer, though. I appreciate that."

PM from me (15 May 2015): "Hey man, I was just wondering if you ever had a chance to ship the KMAC Mini, and if so, do you have a tracking number?"

TFR: "Not yet, I need to get a box that will fit and packing materials. Want to be sure it arrives okay!"

Me: "No problem, thanks for the update. :)"

TFR: "Hey sorry for the delay, I'll try to get out the KMAC this weekend."

why did bunny trade it if it wasn't his?

Asking the real questions. 

Of course, that's if he didn't misunderstand that it was a loan and not a trade.  Considering the TFR shiftiness with everything else, who knows if we would get the whole truth on the matter.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 01:39:16 »
snip
linkbane anyone? either way it's just my observation, chalk it down to an unpopular opinion

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #144 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 01:41:50 »
snip
linkbane anyone? either way it's just my observation, chalk it down to an unpopular opinion

will do :thumb:

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #145 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 01:42:18 »
Speaking of Sherry, have the problems with his past GB order fulfillment issues been addressed?

I see and acknowledge that he has come a long way with his store and provide good customer service, but is GH's memory so short that we have all forgotten about his past GB dealings?

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #146 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 01:50:49 »
Was going to bid but seeing as it's JD's I'll just pass and hope the whole situation gets resolved if Raccoon figures out he can't sell it without fake bids happening on Ebay and a ban on r/mechmarket and GH.

I love the board but with the bad history... ~$700 I won't have to spend though.

[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #147 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 02:23:38 »
Anyone who has bid is, for lack of a better phrase, a ****ing retard. Do you idiots not know how to snipe? Jesus Christ.

You can't really deny that most of the time people around here bid like absolute idiots. I guess most people don't know about the mythical "auto-bid."

This is the reason clacks hit hundreds with a whole week left to bid. It's like idiots want to pay a ton or something.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #148 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 02:26:13 »

This is the reason clacks hit hundreds with a whole week left to bid. It's like idiots want to pay a ton or something.

If you don't bid early and bid often, how else will you win?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #149 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 02:27:31 »
Gotta pay the big bucks to be loved here!

Jk! Nobody likes synjin and he drops thousands on caps.