Author Topic: KMAC Mini on Ebay  (Read 45646 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: KMAC Mini on Ebay
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 02:38:09 »
Speaking of Sherry, have the problems with his past GB order fulfillment issues been addressed?

AFAIK he has fulfilled all past GBs.

I see and acknowledge that he has come a long way with his store and provide good customer service, but is GH's memory so short that we have all forgotten about his past GB dealings?

I'd appreciate if we could keep all discussion on Originative in the Originative Vendor Review thread.  :thumb:

Offline jd29

« Reply #151 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 23:07:27 »
Very few of the proposed "solutions" in this thread are reasonable. The only reasonable thing is what JD has already done: contact Racoon and request that he remove the listing and return the keyboard. This isn't a case of theft, it's a case of someone being an *******.

Promising to pay for something, then running off with it (and flipping it) - sounds like theft to me.

[redacted]
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 February 2016, 23:19:02 by jd29 »

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 08:13:51 »

Very few of the proposed "solutions" in this thread are reasonable. The only reasonable thing is what JD has already done: contact Racoon and request that he remove the listing and return the keyboard. This isn't a case of theft, it's a case of someone being an *******.

Promising to pay for something, then running off with it (and flipping it) - sounds like theft to me.

[redacted]

Unfortunately eBay doesn't much care what it sounds like -- they care about what can be proven. And sometimes they don't even care much about that.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 08:20:23 »
Gotta pay the big bucks to be loved here!

Jk! Nobody likes synjin and he drops thousands on caps.

Well, I like Synjin ...... so I guess that's one more than nobody ....

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 08:30:10 »
PM exchange with TheFlyingRaccoon (01 May 2015): "Hey JD! Really sorry about that, I would be happy to send it back to you if necessary. From what I remember, Bunny gave it to me in a trade. I honestly did not realize it was yours or I owed someone for it. I don't have money to pay for it, in fact I really don't have any extra money right now and I was trying to sell it to buy a phone since my old one is dead. Anyways, let me know what you would like me to do, really sorry about that."

Me: "Yeah, man, I would love to have it back, actually. If you want to desolder the switches, since I sent it to you as a bare kit, that is fine, or I can send you replacement switches, or alternatively some cash for them and your assembly. Sorry to hear about your phone. I understand what it's like to be broke with little income.

If you need my address:

[REDACTED]

Thanks for the quick reply!"

TFR: "Do you want me to include a keyset with it? As a thank you gift. I have a few different sets that work with the layout."

Me: "Nah, bro, you don't have to do that. I have plenty of keycaps, and maybe you can sell the extras you have if you need cash. Thank you for the offer, though. I appreciate that."

PM from me (15 May 2015): "Hey man, I was just wondering if you ever had a chance to ship the KMAC Mini, and if so, do you have a tracking number?"

TFR: "Not yet, I need to get a box that will fit and packing materials. Want to be sure it arrives okay!"

Me: "No problem, thanks for the update. :)"

TFR: "Hey sorry for the delay, I'll try to get out the KMAC this weekend."

why did bunny trade it if it wasn't his?

the trade had absolutely zero to do with me

the board was never in my possession, neither was i any part in the deal that went on between jd and raccoon as im sure jd will confirm

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 09:04:52 »
PM exchange with TheFlyingRaccoon (01 May 2015): "Hey JD! Really sorry about that, I would be happy to send it back to you if necessary. From what I remember, Bunny gave it to me in a trade. I honestly did not realize it was yours or I owed someone for it. I don't have money to pay for it, in fact I really don't have any extra money right now and I was trying to sell it to buy a phone since my old one is dead. Anyways, let me know what you would like me to do, really sorry about that."

Me: "Yeah, man, I would love to have it back, actually. If you want to desolder the switches, since I sent it to you as a bare kit, that is fine, or I can send you replacement switches, or alternatively some cash for them and your assembly. Sorry to hear about your phone. I understand what it's like to be broke with little income.

If you need my address:

[REDACTED]

TFR: "Do you want me to include a keyset with it? As a thank you gift. I have a few different sets that work with the layout."

Me: "Nah, bro, you don't have to do that. I have plenty of keycaps, and maybe you can sell the extras you have if you need cash. Thank you for the offer, though. I appreciate that."

PM from me (15 May 2015): "Hey man, I was just wondering if you ever had a chance to ship the KMAC Mini, and if so, do you have a tracking number?"

TFR: "Not yet, I need to get a box that will fit and packing materials. Want to be sure it arrives okay!"

the board was never in my possession, neither was i any part in the deal that went on between jd and raccoon as im sure jd will confirm
Yes, I don't know why TFR said he thought it was a gift from Bunny back in May of last year. I think it may have been a case of "selective memory." In our latest exchange via email, he quoted my original PM saying that I was shipping it to him, so he knows now, at least.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 09:14:54 »

If you need my address:

[REDACTED]

So he's a thief and a liar. And a moron. Gotcha.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 12:18:35 »
I wish all this bull**** drama would stop, and people would refrain from being ****s...

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 12:27:09 »
I would be happy to chip in to get jd this board back or a new kmac. JD has always been a great guy so I hope we can help him out.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 12:30:02 »
Wasn't Sherry also a teenie during his whole kerbopple? The only exception I've seen is billnye, and I actually was surprised to find out how young he was.
Thanks man. Means a lot :rolleyes:

I've been here for one week under three years, since I was 15, and I've never had one complaint.

I would be happy to chip in some money towards getting a new kmac for JD too when I get some money, as he has never been anything other than an outstanding member here.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #160 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 12:34:55 »

Wasn't Sherry also a teenie during his whole kerbopple? The only exception I've seen is billnye, and I actually was surprised to find out how young he was.

I've been here for one week under three years, since I was 15, and I've never had one complaint.

I would be happy to chip in some money towards getting a new kmac for JD too when I get some money, as he has never been anything other than an outstanding member here.

I wasn't considering Classic Beige as that didn't come to fruition. I would love to see it come back, however. Anything before that I have no clue you've run.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 13:29:20 »

I wasn't considering Classic Beige as that didn't come to fruition. I would love to see it come back, however. Anything before that I have no clue you've run.

also proxied gmk red alert and olivetti
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 13:55:43 »
Baad bad mojo for the one who gets this.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 07:47:04 »
Huh? What is this? It looks sort of like a Space Cadet—could that be why people are bidding so crazily on it, the power of suggestion?

But this isn't even a vintage board, is it? With a case like that? I'm baffled.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 08:11:23 »
I'll ship in 100$ to get jdcarpe a kmac mini back, not this one tho

Anyone interested in crowdfunding this to return to JD?

Yes I am

Anyone interested in crowdfunding this to return to JD?

I would be happy to chip in to get jd this board back or a new kmac. JD has always been a great guy so I hope we can help him out.

Awww, I don't even know what to say. Thank you, guys. :'(  This place is the best.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 09:25:25 »
from what i've seen on this forum, high school students are bad news. same with loaning boards/caps for usage

billnye and friends are ok tho

You'd be surprised by the amount of teenagers on this forum.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 09:31:28 »
from what i've seen on this forum, high school students are bad news. same with loaning boards/caps for usage

The more I'm on here, the more I'm egad'd.

When I was a teen, I was out hanging with friends at the mall and movies, and then going to fast food restaurants late at night. Don't kids these days do that anymore? All my summer/winter job funds went to that. Imagine all the Model M's and F's I could've purchased instead...

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 09:46:06 »

When I was a teen, I was out hanging with friends at the mall and movies, and then going to fast food restaurants late at night. Don't kids these days do that anymore? All my summer/winter job funds went to that. Imagine all the Model M's and F's I could've purchased instead...
I'm 16, kids still do that, just some fall into this niche. It probably comes with some of my anti social attitudes.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 09:57:53 »

Forums is an easy thing to watch inbetween studies, atelast for me
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #169 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 13:11:02 »
I'm always down to help JD!!!

lol, bill your love won't buy JD a KMAC bro... stupid teenagers  :-*
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 17:47:22 »
I liked to chip some money for jdcarpe too  :thumb:

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 18:26:42 »
I'm in. Though I really 'd prefer to not give TFR a large chunk of change as he's acted the ******* through and through on multiple occasions.

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 19:34:01 »
this guys lives in the same area as me and has my same name  :eek:

assuming his ebay name matches his actual name  :))

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #173 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 03:15:30 »
Oh well, just thought I'd make an attempt to learn why something like this would be worth over $600. That seems like an outrageous amount of dough to me for a board that doesn't even look particularly old. I really was curious. Before I posted, I looked around the Web but couldn't find any details about it. – A.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #174 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 06:16:47 »
Oh well, just thought I'd make an attempt to learn why something like this would be worth over $600. That seems like an outrageous amount of dough to me for a board that doesn't even look particularly old. I really was curious. Before I posted, I looked around the Web but couldn't find any details about it. – A.
Some people think it's funny to bid for the sake of bidding just to increase market prices. This isn't the first auction its happened, it won't be the last.

Offline radish

« Reply #175 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 18:31:38 »
i'd imagine the final price would be around the same price kmac kits go for these days. 800-1200 dep on vendor.

LZ CP

Offline ebacho

« Reply #176 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 21:25:34 »
i'd imagine the final price would be around the same price kmac kits go for these days. 800-1200 dep on vendor.

Only the KMAC Minis go for that much.  Normal TKL KMACs are much more reasonable.  Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is trying to make a quick buck off the associated name.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #177 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 21:29:22 »

Only the KMAC Minis go for that much.  Normal TKL KMACs are much more reasonable.  Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is trying to make a quick buck off the associated name.

Yeah KMACs hover around $400-$500 normally, much cheaper than what minis go for.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 22:17:15 »

Yeah KMACs hover around $400-$500 normally, much cheaper than what minis go for.
True with the exception of the KMAC 2, those I've seen go for $700-800+
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline ebacho

« Reply #179 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 22:51:35 »

That's a ridiculous overpay then.  KMAC 2's were never particularly rare or sought after and the kit price was around $400.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #180 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 22:52:09 »

That's a ridiculous overpay then.  KMAC 2's were never particularly rare or sought after and the kit price was around $400.
700-800 is damn stupid!

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 01:56:10 »
700-800 is damn stupid!
Compared to the aftermarket increase on OTD boards though...

More

They are sought after, rare maybe not as much as others but enough to warrant people paying over GB price. Just checked my list and the lowest I've seen one go for is $600, was going off memory before but I know they've gone for more.

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #182 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 04:42:18 »
Just checked my list and the lowest I've seen one go for is $600, was going off memory before but I know they've gone for more.

Bought mine around February 2015 for $600.00USD  8) .

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #183 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 08:18:22 »
Just checked my list and the lowest I've seen one go for is $600, was going off memory before but I know they've gone for more.

Loos like it might get there soon.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 09:59:37 »

700-800 is damn stupid!
Nah its all because of hype and ****.

Offline toidbb

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 10:13:45 »

Loos like it might get there soon.

It was already past that, but some folks retracted their bids, probably after reading this whole thread, that the seller is selling something that is not really his.

All the 600 bids were retracted.

Offline ebacho

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 14:50:27 »
700-800 is damn stupid!

More

They are sought after, rare maybe not as much as others but enough to warrant people paying over GB price. Just checked my list and the lowest I've seen one go for is $600, was going off memory before but I know they've gone for more.

I sold mine 2(?) years ago for about $450, so prices have come up a lot since then I guess.  I still maintain that there are other boards that are "better" at the $600 range, which can net you pretty much your pick of customs.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #187 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 10:55:44 »
Interesting situation here.

I looked through my PMs and realized that theflyingraccoon actually still owes me a cable from a trade a couple years ago.  My message exchanges with him were full of the similar BS.  I'm noticing a pattern...
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 February 2016, 11:17:57 by vivalarevolución »
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 12:28:13 »
I sent a message through Ebay, though I doubt it will sway his choice to sell.

Maybe TheFlyingRaccoon actually has a really bad memory.  Could be the result of a neurological condition.  Just a thought.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #189 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 14:16:24 »

Maybe TheFlyingRaccoon actually has a really bad memory.  Could be the result of a neurological condition.  Just a thought.

I sent him a message before kindly asking him to do the right thing, didn't do any good.

"...I'm not sending the board back as it is mine."
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 14:56:32 »

I sent him a message before kindly asking him to do the right thing, didn't do any good.

"...I'm not sending the board back as it is mine."

Well, what's the plan now?

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #191 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 14:57:08 »
jdcarpe - if he really was a highschool student in 2013 and you sent it to his home address, chances are you have the address of his parents. It should be easy for you to procure a name and a number. Call them an advise that their son is attempting to sell property that doesn't belong to him.

The wrath of a parent is typically quite effective.

To those that have advised contacting the authorities - he can't. This is a civil dispute. He'd have to sue him - or his parents if he is still a minor at this time.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #192 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 15:54:45 »
who ever buys this is going to be a living meme

look out for kmac mini photos  :))

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #193 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 16:04:40 »
Really wanted to put up the money to get it back to JD

hopefully that was the plan, whoever bought it.

Offline radish

« Reply #194 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 21:22:51 »
650 is a really good deal for the keyboard assuming its real. i would imagine it would sell for more. go figure.

LZ CP

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #195 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 21:53:27 »
650 is a really good deal for the keyboard assuming its real. i would imagine it would sell for more. go figure.
if it wasn't for the bad history it would have.

Others
More

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #196 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 21:54:45 »

something smells

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #197 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 23:09:59 »
it's not that much.last month i got someone selling his kmac mini for around $500-550,but unfortunately lost connecttion with him.I also got an offer for kmac 2 for $400.There is no fixed priced for custom board.It depended on how the seller want(non or profitable)The price is getting higher because of the hype of Korean board is too high,and many Chinese collector willing to pay well for them.
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #198 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 04:41:01 »

HA!
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #199 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 05:16:16 »
it's not that much.last month i got someone selling his kmac mini for around $500-550,but unfortunately lost connecttion with him.I also got an offer for kmac 2 for $400.There is no fixed priced for custom board.It depended on how the seller want(non or profitable)The price is getting higher because of the hype of Korean board is too high,and many Chinese collector willing to pay well for them.
Thats why I hate them chinese even tho I'm chinese myself