Author Topic: [GB] 75SQ (Acrylic 75% keyboard) [Refund]  (Read 92104 times)

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
Re: [GB] 75SQ (Acrylic 75% keyboard) [Schedule updated.]
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 15:19:11 »
This GB is done now right?
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 15:22:24 »
done... meaning?

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 19:07:08 »
I filled out the form since it's still open for orders in hopes of getting an invoice.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #153 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 02:28:55 »
Leeku is still very busy, but don't fret, communication is still there, just not able to check here too often, if there is a (further) delay I'll relay it to you guys.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #154 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 09:34:40 »
I filled out the form since it's still open for orders in hopes of getting an invoice.

I did that over a month ago, and no invoice, so I'm guessing orders are closed, though form is open.

Offline kbdfans

• * Vendor
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 04:55:03 »
nice

Offline lac29

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 14:31:04 »
Leeku is still very busy, but don't fret, communication is still there, just not able to check here too often, if there is a (further) delay I'll relay it to you guys.

I'm kinda treating Serendipity as the proxy communicator in this project. Just wanted to bump it up again and get some reassurance.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 19:11:39 »

I'm kinda treating Serendipity as the proxy communicator in this project. Just wanted to bump it up again and get some reassurance.

Yes, an update would be nice, since we're well past every deadline set previously...
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #158 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 20:49:01 »

Yes, an update would be nice, since we're well past every deadline set previously...
He updated saying end of September so after that I will ask again. There is delays but understandable a buyer basically backed out making factory smt void but MOQ is being filled with another buy I believe.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline lac29

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 22:55:43 »
Great, thanks Serendipity!

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 05:04:10 »
Small update:

PCB will arrive next week, QC. Testing.
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline kroms

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 15:31:39 »
Thanks for the update!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 04:36:12 »
Small update:

Any updates?

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #163 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 04:47:09 »
Small update:

Any updates?

Hey just talked to him, still getting SMT work done.
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #164 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 16:52:30 »
Any chance for a new ETA for shipping?

Offline Belfong

[GB] 75SQ (Acrylic 75% keyboard) [Schedule updated.]
« Reply #165 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 08:58:10 »
Are we still confident of this seeing the light?

Offline typischt

« Reply #166 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 09:34:58 »
Are we still confident of this seeing the light?
Nicely said!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline Belfong

[GB] 75SQ (Acrylic 75% keyboard) [Schedule updated.]
« Reply #167 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 22:12:16 »
I am worried mainly because I actually paid for the assembly services as well. While I understand that assembly takes time, I'd like some assurance, I guess. I don't know, more communication maybe. There's too many news of GB gone bad in GH and that made me nervous. Hope this is not the case. By August, we would have passed the 90 days window that Paypal gives.

There's always a risk.  You can go ahead and avail yourself of paypal to get communication and assurances, and pull out if you don't trust that, but beyond that, you pay your money, you take your chances.

You also have 180 days with Paypal, not 90.

from https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/archive-policies-full

We’re increasing the time for buyers to file a merchandise dispute (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) from 45 days to 180 days.   All references in the User Agreement to “Opening a Dispute within 45 days” have been updated to reflect “Opening a Dispute within 180 days.” The Sections these changes appear include the Introduction, 3.15, 13.2 and 13.5.

So you have a little time before you have to make a decision.
I’m probably alone in this, as it seems other people are not voicing out. But I’d like to remind that by Nov, we would have reached the 180 day window given by PayPal. I think I’ll email Leeku today and give him till Oct 31, by then I will request for a refund coz I think 6 months is more than enough time to see result in a GB. I really like to have a 75SQ, but I don’t think I can wait any longer. Besides, it’s a great excuse to save money, lol

Edit: nooooo... I just checked. I made payments on 28 April and so the 180 day window is until 28 Oct - in just a couple of weeks. I really need to consider that options.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 October 2017, 22:17:42 by Belfong »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #168 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 05:35:48 »
So, I emailed Leeku and he told me he will aim for 2nd week of Nov to ship out the parts and for assembled keyboards, it will be maybe end of Nov. He’s currently on work assignment in the US, so it is kinda difficult decisions to make honestly. Do you wait longer or do you ask for refund. And I also think it is better for him to drop a line or two here in GH, so there’s this.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 07:22:34 »
So, I emailed Leeku and he told me he will aim for 2nd week of Nov to ship out the parts and for assembled keyboards, it will be maybe end of Nov. He’s currently on work assignment in the US, so it is kinda difficult decisions to make honestly. Do you wait longer or do you ask for refund. And I also think it is better for him to drop a line or two here in GH, so there’s this.

Yeah, it's a bit concerning how long this has taken. I feel like Leeku's got a pretty good reputation within the community so it's unfortunate that this GB has been botched so much from a timing perspective, especially now that there is so much competition with things like KBD75 etc- but I wanted to see what all the fuss was about with Leeku boards.

I'll probably stay in because I believe in the process but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed overall.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 09:17:30 »

Yeah, it's a bit concerning how long this has taken. I feel like Leeku's got a pretty good reputation within the community so it's unfortunate that this GB has been botched so much from a timing perspective, especially now that there is so much competition with things like KBD75 etc- but I wanted to see what all the fuss was about with Leeku boards.

I'll probably stay in because I believe in the process but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed overall.
Sure, timing is bad. But bad timing can be explained through communication in this thread. Spending a minute a week to update us should be something a GB leader should do, that's my opinion. Surely one can do that even through a mobile phone while in line for lunch?

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #171 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 09:22:12 »
Sure, timing is bad. But bad timing can be explained through communication in this thread. Spending a minute a week to update us should be something a GB leader should do, that's my opinion. Surely one can do that even through a mobile phone while in line for lunch?

Yeah, I mean I guess I should've stated that too. But to be honest it seems like 1% of people running group buys in the keyboard community are good with communication.

I work in R&D and while delays suck, as long as they're rather proactively communicated the negative perception of the delay is often mitigated because of that.

My suspicion is people usually don't like communicating in geekhack group buys because the reality is they dragged their feet or forgot to do something etc and communicating is "admitting" that, so they figure the better gamble is to try and fix it and brush it under the rug. Not saying that's the case here- just speaking in general.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #172 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 09:47:17 »
My suspicion is people usually don't like communicating in geekhack group buys because the reality is they dragged their feet or forgot to do something etc and communicating is "admitting" that, so they figure the better gamble is to try and fix it and brush it under the rug. Not saying that's the case here- just speaking in general.

Do you still want to give good money then? :P

Offline complexitylvl9001

« Reply #173 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 10:04:50 »

Do you still want to give good money then? :P

I'm pretty new here on GH but I've heard good things about the CPSQ, if any of you guys are thinking of refunding through paypal can I buy your spot/board?  :D

Offline lac29

« Reply #174 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 10:08:16 »
I feel like anyone who has been involved with groupbuys here knows that these delays are almost expected. Leeku has a solid enough reputation that I'm pretty confident it will eventually be done and shipped. If you are the type of consumer who demands good service then in general, you shouldn't participate in these groupbuys. You are only fooling yourself and you're only going to get mad and complicate your life trying to get a refund or get someone to take your order.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #175 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 10:18:24 »
@lac29, you probably did not hear about some of the more solid GB leaders here in GH - solid records for many rounds.. and then one mega group buy - he just disappeared. Even GON himself has dubious records.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 10:42:09 »
Someone else summed up GH's group buy problem perfectly with this post:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=88053.msg2500776#msg2500776

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 11:21:15 »

From past experience I'd suggest getting a refund. This sounds the same as the reasons we were given for another group buy that took six months and no items were produced. Don't let it go past the 180 day window and just get your money back.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 15:30:19 »
You could also ask to be reinvoiced which extends the period if you really are worried about your money but don’t care about time as much.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 19:02:39 »
You could also ask to be reinvoiced which extends the period if you really are worried about your money but don’t care about time as much.
Hmm, that’s a good point. How does that work from seller’s end. He just issue a new date?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 19:14:17 »
Hmm, that’s a good point. How does that work from seller’s end. He just issue a new date?

I'd send a new invoice, buyer pays it, refund old one.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #181 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 01:51:35 »
Updated!

From Leeku edit
18ht Oct. 2017
Apologize for huge delay for this GB.
It was definately not a good time to start GB.

First, I will receive produced SMTed PCB in mid next week. I asked my friend to receive. I will post the pictures.
Second, I would been US for business trim until 29 Oct.
Third, I will have time enough to handle this GB since I get back to Korea after this business trip.
I am not the heavy maker nor a scammer and this GB was mostly want you to try my layout of this PCB.

I can not say nothing about your nervous waiting but beg a month patience.
I promise all keyboards shpped in November.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 October 2017, 02:54:28 by Serendipity »
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline Belfong

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 03:58:23 »
I’m not sure what to think about that.

Offline avid

« Reply #183 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 04:00:42 »
I’m not sure what to think about that.

Leeku is the major PCB maker, so i wouldn't be worried.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 October 2017, 04:04:12 by avid »

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #184 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 18:02:56 »
What's good?

Offline lac29

« Reply #185 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 18:23:08 »
Oink oink! Hi fellow Ohioan.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 05:29:42 »
Oink oink! Hi fellow Ohioan.

What’s S^

Offline Belfong

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 10:16:06 »
I think all we could do is to hope for the best. We are way past our 180 days and we should hold our peace now.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #188 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 14:27:01 »
I think all we could do is to hope for the best. We are way past our 180 days and we should hold our peace now.

Really depends on when during the GB you paid.  And if you're serious about disputing, you should try as soon as possible.  Sometimes they've done things past their period.

Offline greenbox

« Reply #189 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 16:24:20 »
Yeah I mean its been a while since we had an update.

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 11:26:14 »
What's that?? Free Duck feet for the wait and concerns??!?  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 13:52:11 »
What's that?? Free Duck feet for the wait and concerns??!?  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lol  ;D

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #192 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 00:59:41 »
Here's an update for you guys. Sorry about the delays.

The picture Leeku sent me.

« Last Edit: Thu, 09 November 2017, 01:01:50 by Serendipity »
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline Belfong

« Reply #193 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 06:17:52 »
Woo hooo! I’m excited.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #194 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 08:03:53 »
Yay!

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #195 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 09:35:26 »
Nice! I assume it'll be shipping soon then as the cases were done beforehand right? Can we expect tracking numbers or will it just arrive?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #196 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 14:52:50 »
Nice! I assume it'll be shipping soon then as the cases were done beforehand right? Can we expect tracking numbers or will it just arrive?

Cases are visible in the background of that pic.

With leeku, you honestly can't be sure if you'll get tracking or not.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline goodeyesniper85

• clickityclack
« Reply #197 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 10:18:47 »
Here's an update for you guys. Sorry about the delays.

The picture Leeku sent me.
Show Image

YES!!! Super stoked to get this and assemble it. Hopefully over the holidays!

Offline typischt

« Reply #198 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 06:22:51 »
Hey leeku (& Serendipity)!
I sent you, leeku, a PM about the assembly. Let me know, if I should contact you via another way (mail, directly in here or wherever).
Still stoked for this!

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #199 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 00:07:35 »
does anyone know if there is an update on this?
Reddit: /u/Komatoz